ADVERTISEMENT

Walker was a bad candidate. Plain and simple.

These people who voted for Warnox will one day look up to GOD and have to give answer for why you voted for this man that calls his self a minister that believes in abortion when the Bible say different it’s wrong.
OK.....what will God say about the people that voted for HW? A man that actually paid for a abortion to be done at least once? A man who on multiple occasions held a gun to his wife's head? A man who has multiple children by multiple women and has played no part in their lives?
Check the expiration date on your "God" Card. Pretty sure it has expired. No way you can use that excuse not to vote for RW, and then turn around and vote for HW.
As for me, I am not crazy about the Dems policies, and thought HW was seriously flawed and not very smart, so I did not vote for either one.
Want my vote, give me a candidate like Kemp and you will get my vote.

Land doesn't vote, people do, and the Atlanta Metro, which you denigrate because it makes GA purple, is also the primary economic driver of the state.
Exactly. You take the Atlanta Metro area away from Ga and you have Arkansas...and I don't know about anyone else but I hate Arkansas. It's a bomb dumb of a state.

Reactions: pawd
Ga GOP has nobody to blame but themselves. If Ga has shown that the country is ready to move on from Trump, don’t know what will. Kemp ran a fantastic campaign. Never tangled with Trump or poked him back…even when Trump was begging for him too. Ran straight on his record (which was and is really good) and never mentioned Trump. What happened? Ran away with the governorship. Also, he is a good guy with good character. News flash…CHARACTER MATTERS in elections. Walker had too much baggage. I love and will always love him as a Bulldog but he was just a bad candidate propped up by Trump. All of Trump’s major endorsements that were not in deep red Trump areas lost. A Trump backed candidate didn’t win one major race in a swing area. That should tell you everything you need to know.

The RNC needs Lee Zeldin to take over. If it wasn’t for what he did in New York, R’s lose the House. Ronna McDaniel keeps residing over losing Republican elections since 2018. I don’t know many people that keep their job for poor performances by Ronn defies the odds and the RNC continues to chase its tail thinking it will one day catch it with McDaniel in charge. Until the RNC and GOP take a long look at themselves….they’ll keep losing elections. Open up to early voting and stop telling everyone that mail in voting is fraudulent. Play the D’s game. R’s rely entirely too much on Election Day voting. Stop with the BS of the “silent majority” crap and play the D’s game. Get people to early vote and stop treating it like it’s the spawn of evil.
SPOT ON!

Herschel Walker is the most unqualified and dumbest person to ever run for federal office in the United States in either party and that's saying a whole lot. He is a shameful human being. The man is a complete and utter buffoon. He was a caricature of what white Republicans think of black people and it insulted black people to their core, which is one of the main reasons he got absolutely rocked in the Atlanta metro area. He somehow did worse than Trump in Clayton County.

The fact is, Georgia is a purple state and is becoming blue. It's trickling down to the state level to. In 2016 the general assembly was 120-60 GOP. Now its 103-77 GOP with Dems gaining 3 seats this cycle despite running on a newly gerrymandered map. Dems have been picking up about 1 state senate seat every 2 years in the last decade. If there is a GOP president with a blue midterm the general assembly will flip blue if not in 2026, definitely in 2030.

People act like what Kemp/Raffensberger did is the real GA in terms of elections, but its simply not. They were popular incumbents who in VERY public fashion told Trump to pound sand when Trump kept trying to lie about the election. Just like Governor Ducey in 2018 in Arizona won re-election by 14% but Dems won the senate seat there. Kemp and Raffensberger were so public about saying screw you to Trump that I don't think anyone thought Raffensberger would even survive a primary (he might not have if Dems didn't cross over and vote for him to get over 50%). The election tonight, the 2021 senate runoffs, and the 2020 presidential is the new GA. The minute there is a republican in the WH and the governor's race is open every statewide office in Georgia will flip to Democrats. The Metro area is just zooming to the left too fast. Fayette will flip in 2024 and even the red exurbs are moving to the left (Warnock almost got 40% in Paulding!).

Bingo. The dumbshit conspiracist fringe of our party has been an anchor since 2016. Time to cut that chain and move on and win again.

This sir, imo IS the reason why Pubs are in tremendous trouble. We literally have a Senate minority leader with a 19% favorable rating with only 4% of that being very favorable. His disapproval rating is 21% somewhat unfavorable and 37% very unfavorable. Trump is still enjoying around 60% favorable numbers with Pubs and right leaning independents. So your answer is to jettison the 60% fringe voters that hate the party leadership?

As I posted in another thread, Trump should have never been the Pub standard bearer. I would imagine most Trump voters are like me and can't stand the Donald but admire his determination to fight for policy he felt would benefit the American people. Things like renegotiating NAFTA, confronting China, insisting the allies we defend actually contribute to their own defense at the levels they agreed aren't conspiracy theories. Our dependence on China and allowing our allies to sponge off our taxpayers has been occurring for decades and Pubs are complicit.

If I were to put a policy in front of you like using leverage to encourage China to play by the rules, who would you trust to push it thru, McConnell, Kevin McCarthy or Trump? Maybe some of the Pubs that are so determined to jettison the MAGA/America first supporters should revisit Reagan's 11th commandment. Pulling the party back under one tent is a fairly simple endeavor but it doesn't include the Pubs with 15% approval ratings spiking the ball on about 80% or more of the party that would like to see Trump's policies wrapped around a more palatable politician.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
This sir, imo IS the reason why Pubs are in tremendous trouble. We literally have a Senate minority leader with a 19% favorable rating with only 4% of that being very favorable. His disapproval rating is 21% somewhat unfavorable and 37% very unfavorable. Trump is still enjoying around 60% favorable numbers with Pubs and right leaning independents. So your answer is to jettison the 60% fringe voters that hate the party leadership?

As I posted in another thread, Trump should have never been the Pub standard bearer. I would imagine most Trump voters are like me and can't stand the Donald but admire his determination to fight for policy he felt would benefit the American people. Things like renegotiating NAFTA, confronting China, insisting the allies we defend actually contribute to their own defense at the levels they agreed aren't conspiracy theories. Our dependence on China and allowing our allies to sponge off our taxpayers has been occurring for decades and Pubs are complicit.

If I were to put a policy in front of you like using leverage to encourage China to play by the rules, who would you trust to push it thru, McConnell, Kevin McCarthy or Trump? Maybe some of the Pubs that are so determined to jettison the MAGA/America first supporters should revisit Reagan's 11th commandment. Pulling the party back under one tent is a fairly simple endeavor but it doesn't include the Pubs with 15% approval ratings spiking the ball on about 80% or more of the party that would like to see Trump's policies wrapped around a more palatable politician.
This is where we are. With both of these posts being a huge problem. How can I agree with both of you since they represent opposite ends so to speak. We do need to distance ourselves from trump. A new candidate is needed. It is past time. But that being said, that candidate better learn from trump. Say what needs to be said. Do not be a part of the machine all the time. But at the same time, act Presidential. Don’t fight everyone over Twitter. Measure your comments. The same way we are distancing ourselves from trump, you cannot throw another John McCain(I have no real problem with McCain, but he doesn’t win) establishment type candidate out there. It doesn’t work. And the days of getting run over should be just that,over. We continue down the road of the current leadership. It will literally take rock bottom for those fools to change their vote. Sadly with more young people leaning left, that may be where we are heading.

Last edited:
Generally agree with the OP. Republicans shot themselves in the foot with Walker, and you could see it coming a mile away.

Here is the deal. I'm not sure how to word it, but Republicans are much easier political targets than Democrats. They just are.

Yes, Walker has character issues. But so does Warnock. But that doesn't matter. "Walker isn't fit for the Senate" is the rallying cry.

John Fetterman isn't capable of basic conversation, and beat Dr. Oz.

If you are a candidate, the R by your name puts you at an automatic disadvantage, as soon as you qualify. It is possible to overcome that disadvantage, Brian Kemp, for example. But you can't give any additional ammunition to your opponent, beyond what already inherently exists.

If you are a Democrat, you can be a immoral, incompetent, incoherent idiot and win easily.
If you are a Republican, you have to be darn near perfect.

Walker wasn't anywhere close.
Both parties have failed this country. When you only want to vote along party lines you can't get anything accomplished for the people of this country. No party is going to get everything 100% correct but you have to be willing to work with the other side on compromise and put together and acceptable product for the working people of this country. After retiring from the military I had a decision to make move back home to Georgia or stay in Colorado. I'm still in Colorado but because I have property in GA, I read the AJC everyday and stay on top of local news in GA. Walker was a bad choice for the Republican Party. Both Walker and Dr.Oz had no business representing the Republican Party in the respective states that they were running in. They were out of town guys running on name recognition.

This is where we are. With both of these posts being a huge problem. How can I agree with both of you since they represent opposite ends so to speak. We do need to distance ourselves from trump. A new candidate is needed. It is past time. But that being said, that candidate better learn from trump. Say what needs to be said. Do not be a part of the machine all the time. But at the same time, act Presidential. Don’t fight everyone over Twitter. Measure your comments. The same way we are distancing ourselves from trump, you cannot throw another John McCain(I have no real problem with McCain, but he doesn’t win) establishment type candidate out there. It doesn’t work. And the days of getting run over should be just that,over. We continue down the road of the current leadership. It will literally take rock bottom for those fools to change their vote. Sadly with more young people leaning left, that may be where we are heading.

While I agree with you, it's only one side of the argument that will go on TV and condemn a party candidate that would vote the way almost every pub would want 90% of the time...Because Trump. As you said, we are were we are and dismissing at least 60% of the base as conspiracy nuts in order the save the pre Trump status quo doesn't seem to be anywhere close to a winning strategy to me.

I stood in the rain for a couple of hours to pull the lever for John McCain even though I knew he was not a fighter for my beliefs in limited government. Today, we literally have Pubs telling 60% of the base the party would be better off if they moved on instead of realizing pulling those people back in the tent would be easy but would require them to be true to their campaign promises and not go all thumbs down when they have a chance to win a huge policy objective.

IMO, if Mitch and Kevin had cut ties, and I mean Condemn and cut ties with Trump after Jan 6th, they would vast majorities in both houses.

While I agree with you, it's only one side of the argument that will go on TV and condemn a party candidate that would vote the way almost every pub would want 90% of the time...Because Trump. As you said, we are were we are and dismissing at least 60% of the base as conspiracy nuts in order the save the pre Trump status quo doesn't seem to be anywhere close to a winning strategy to me.

I stood in the rain for a couple of hours to pull the lever for John McCain even though I knew he was not a fighter for my beliefs in limited government. Today, we literally have Pubs telling 60% of the base the party would be better off if they moved on instead of realizing pulling those people back in the tent would be easy but would require them to be true to their campaign promises and not go all thumbs down when they have a chance to win a huge policy objective.
I just know this. Donald Trump picks the weakest candidates, and those tied to Trump lose in places that matter. Donald Trump convinced him to get into the race. Then Donald Trump did virtually nothing to help him. Every Republican statewide candidate won. Every. Single. One. Except One.

Every single candidate in Georgia that Donald Trump endorsed lost the primary, except two. One of the two lost the general, and the other won but underperformed every other statewide Republican who won.

IMO, if Mitch and Kevin had cut ties, and I mean Condemn and cut ties with Trump after Jan 6th, they would vast majorities in both houses.

You can cut ties with Trump (which if you are intellectually honest you'd admit they tried all through his term) and still understand why he has such strong support within the party. What you can't do is condemn Trump and allow about 80% of your base be dragged thru the mud as racist and fascist. The formula is damn simple as Trump the man isn't really admired by his voters. Trump's policies and desire to take on the DC establishment is why he started the 16 campaign at around 20% but ended up taking over the party.

What you just proposed goes back to my original post about approval ratings. A Pol with 5% strong approval rating and a big China problem condemning 80% of the base would have been the biggest dumass move in history. Move on from Trump? Absolutely. Go on TV and endorse far leftist dems because you don't like a Trump endorsed candidate, you don't get to blame Trump for getting beat.

As far as J6 goes, if the PUB leadership would have insisted on a bipartisan hearing, allowed all facts to come out about how a couple of hundred unarmed nuts were able to enter one of the most secure buildings on earth and it was shown Trump was culpable without others being protected, they could have gotten away with condemning him. Otherwise, it looks like they just want to get him out of the way so they can restart the old status quo.

For those of you who voted for Herschel and lost, what would be the game plan to get middle-of-the-road people back to "pulling the lever" for Republicans again like me? I am referring to people who do not automatically vote for the party they support, they vote for the candidate and their ticket is split in many cases (i.e Kemp and Warnock votes).

Reactions: easychair
For those of you who voted for Herschel and lost, what would be the game plan to get middle-of-the-road people back to "pulling the lever" for Republicans again like me? I am referring to people who do not automatically vote for the party they support, they vote for the candidate and their ticket is split in many cases (i.e Kemp and Warnock votes).
Republicans need to get back to winning and supporting early voting and mail-in voting. R's used to dominate early voting. Not anymore. Now all that is pushed by Trump and MAGA is that you can't trust mail-in voting and it's rigged. R's rely too much on election day voting and that the "silent majority" will take them to the finish line. The "silent majority" isn't a thing (atleast not anymore). R's simply can't win on straight relying on election day voting.

Further, they have to do a better job of fundraising and distributing money that is coming in. Hopefully Kemp's Super PAC that was approved will really help with the ground game and getting the base game going in Ga. Ga's RNC chair is the absolute worst and can't handle fundraising at all.

Also, simply put....Georgians have rejected Trump. He pulled off a one-hit wonder in 2016 and credit him and his team. That time is long gone. Stop putting Trump backed candidates up for elections in Georgia. Trump is a drag now on any candidate. Walker would have never entered the race but for Trump convincing him to do so. Candidate quality ABSOLUTELY matters. Walker just wasn't a top-tier candidate. Get candidates who are tied to Trump and that have good character. Kemp is an excellent example. He ran on his record and what he did for the economy in the state and just destroyed Abrams. He never bantered with Trump even though Trump tried to get him to bite. Georgia is done with Trump and his candidates that he backs. They lose and continue to lose. Not hard to see.

Republicans need to get back to winning and supporting early voting and mail-in voting. R's used to dominate early voting. Not anymore. Now all that is pushed by Trump and MAGA is that you can't trust mail-in voting and it's rigged. R's rely too much on election day voting and that the "silent majority" will take them to the finish line. The "silent majority" isn't a thing (atleast not anymore). R's simply can't win on straight relying on election day voting.

Further, they have to do a better job of fundraising and distributing money that is coming in. Hopefully Kemp's Super PAC that was approved will really help with the ground game and getting the base game going in Ga. Ga's RNC chair is the absolute worst and can't handle fundraising at all.

Also, simply put....Georgians have rejected Trump. He pulled off a one-hit wonder in 2016 and credit him and his team. That time is long gone. Stop putting Trump backed candidates up for elections in Georgia. Trump is a drag now on any candidate. Walker would have never entered the race but for Trump convincing him to do so. Candidate quality ABSOLUTELY matters. Walker just wasn't a top-tier candidate. Get candidates who are tied to Trump and that have good character. Kemp is an excellent example. He ran on his record and what he did for the economy in the state and just destroyed Abrams. He never bantered with Trump even though Trump tried to get him to bite. Georgia is done with Trump and his candidates that he backs. They lose and continue to lose. Not hard to see.
Thanks for your well-thought-out reply. Agree with a lot of your thoughts.

Lol so you ignore all of his character issues? Lol typical Democrat.
If you don't like and respect Senator Warnock you have probably been watching too much Fox News and drinking too much republican koolaid. Attacking Warnock's character is the way many republicans respond to negative things about Donald Trump, like "they are all crooks" or "how 'bout Hillary Clinton's emails"? They never will just acknowledge Trump is a piec of sh.t who cares about nothing but himself, and as the republcian Ga Lt. Gov. said "Walker is the worst candidate ever".

I just know this. Donald Trump picks the weakest candidates, and those tied to Trump lose in places that matter. Donald Trump convinced him to get into the race. Then Donald Trump did virtually nothing to help him. Every Republican statewide candidate won. Every. Single. One. Except One.

Every single candidate in Georgia that Donald Trump endorsed lost the primary, except two. One of the two lost the general, and the other won but underperformed every other statewide Republican who won.
Again, I have never liked the Trump persona and wish he was never created by the Pub DC establishment. Having said that, he took over the party and any Pub with a brain should be astonished that a boorish ass with poor political instincts was able to rise to a point of well over 90% approval in the party. They should seek to understand why a candidate like Walker, that nobody familiar with his past wanted in the race) was able to cruise through the primary. This is not conspiracy stuff. This is a reality the Pubs have to face and it isn't going to be quashed like the Tea Party.

So yeah, HW was a very poor candidate but if he had gone to DC, he would have been handled by the establishment but instead of pouring money in the race and getting to heavy hitters to GA early and often, Pubs were condemning their own candidates. It's not the Trump supporters that need to get over Trump because most have.

Depends on what you call middle of the road...

I'm not a social issue voter. Quite frankly, I DGAS if you decide to marry a goat and have affairs with stray dogs as long as the goat and dogs don't mind. However, if you can vote for a candidate that claims to be a preacher and is okay with adult sexual topics being discussed in elementary schools or doesn't object to prepubescent children being given hormone blockers without a strict medical need, I would question your position as middle of the road.

I absolutely get why you or anyone else could hate Trump but if you remove the name Trump and simply read his platform and policy agenda, I think you would find VERY little that would fall far from the mainstream, middle of the road philosophy. So, if I wanted to capture the middle of the road, I'd start with a convention of all Pubs and keep it going until an agenda/platform could be hammered out to attract mainstream voters. I would then seek candidates that would endorse those policy objectives and defend the hell out of them when the left wing media attacks.

What I wouldn't do is have leadership publicly moaning because his choice of candidates in certain races got 10% of the vote. I thought HW running for the Senate was tragic but absent his abortion position and awful communication of HIS positions the rest of his policy was fairly mainstream. While it's true, he was a poor candidate, I would suggest if the entire Pub machine would have gotten behind him and pushed as hard as the Dems did for Warnock and Fetterman, he would have prevailed. Having said that, if you are a voter that pays more attention to personality and mud slinging over a candidate that has a history of voting or a lifelong personal record of supporting such policies, Pubs will never be able to attract enough perfect people to run.

Reactions: Savannah_Dawg
If you don't like and respect Senator Warnock you have probably been watching too much Fox News and drinking too much republican koolaid. Attacking Warnock's character is the way many republicans respond to negative things about Donald Trump, like "they are all crooks" or "how 'bout Hillary Clinton's emails"? They never will just acknowledge Trump is a piec of sh.t who cares about nothing but himself, and as the republcian Ga Lt. Gov. said "Walker is the worst candidate ever".
Warnock tried to kill his own wife pal. Ask his tenants what they think about him. He has a funny way of using campaign funds too. He likes killing babies yet calls himself a preacher....

I guess the third GA senate loss in two years has the Trumpists a little salty today. That’s fine, but there is no need to call someone a piece of shit. Lighten up.
I’m not a Trumpster but would concur many of U.S. conservatives are a little salty today. Salty we didn’t run a better candidate and salty we lost to a below average candidate. Regardless, to the victors go the spoils…..

I think Doug would have been a better candidate than Hershel , probably would have eaked out a victory. Don’t think he and Kemp care for each other so not sure how they would have faired on the same ticket. Not sure about McCormick, the absentee voting in urban areas of Pennsylvania is very sketchy, he would have faired better than Oz, but not sure if he would have beat Federman.

The RNC is trash and has been for a long time. Without Trump, we'd be in Hillary's 2nd term.

Trump wasn't even a RNC champion. I remind people that the RNC were the 1st to try to tear him down but somehow he won their nomination then won it all. How? Because like I said in the 1st sentence, the RNC is trash and has been for a long time so Trump easily defeated their candidates.

Republican voters need to clean up the RNC. It's quite simple. If people don't want Trump representing them then vote for someone else in the 2024 primary. However, if Trump keeps getting majority support from Republican voters, well, isn't that what Republicans want? Let's see what happens.

As far as I'm concerned, the RNC and DNC are sides of the same coin and both parties are trash.

In case anyone is struggling with this, I specifically mentioned the RNC and DNC here as being trash. The voters are individuals and I make no claim about the character of millions. Most people are fine, there's just too many troublemakers that give groups a bad look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT