ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg 100K @ NJ Trump rally?! 👏🏻💪🏻

Interesting observation regarding current polling numbers.
while this is true (and there are some fuzzy things in every poll) you can't look at the NYT poll and scoff.

The overall trend, especially among LVs, is toward Biden, but that could change on a Beck thrown dime.

Reactions: willdup
Interesting observation regarding current polling numbers.

I actually agree with you that polls are not to be taken as permanent gospel. But historically the polls have underestimated Trump. Especially the NYT polls.
while this is true (and there are some fuzzy things in every poll) you can't look at the NYT poll and scoff.

The overall trend, especially among LVs, is toward Biden, but that could change on a Beck thrown dime.
Is "LV" Latin for Pro Hamas?

Reactions: willdup
Care to update your take on the Maryland senate race? Hogan is looking pretty strong, and the leading Dem candidate has been throwing out racial slurs and pissing off black women.

Sounds like a winning formula to me!
Hogan is not worth spit. RINO at best. Demolackie is more accurate.

Reactions: nice marmot
Having lived in many places and several states, I am not aware that there is such a thing, nor red.

Well then, I'll use @willdup 's favorite source to clarify this one for you. Per ChatGPT:

In United States politics, "red states" and "blue states" refer to states that predominantly support the Republican Party or the Democratic Party, respectively, in elections.

- **Red States:** These states are generally aligned with the Republican Party. In elections, they tend to vote for Republican candidates, and their political culture and policies often reflect conservative values. The color red is associated with the Republican Party.

- **Blue States:** These states are generally aligned with the Democratic Party. In elections, they tend to vote for Democratic candidates, and their political culture and policies often reflect liberal or progressive values. The color blue is associated with the Democratic Party.

This color-coding system became widely popular during the 2000 presidential election and has been commonly used since then in media and political analysis.

hannibal-lecter-talking.gif

It's actually a really simple system that makes complete sense. Not sure what your issue with it is, but the terms "red state" and "blue state" have obvious meaning.
I am too tired to go in depth here, but suffice it to say it's a product of media-driven politics: not sophisticated, not interesting, and ruinous in several additional ways.

Meanwhile, Trone got smoked in MD. ~13 point polling error in Alsobrooks favor. I move the Hogan loss/margin from ~10 to ~15... but it is going to cost Ds dearly because Trone could have self-funded.

Just a warning to all of us: the polls are badly broken. Another potential usefully data source corrupted by corporate media in order to drive the frenzy, ratings, clicks, and etc.

Last edited:
I am too tired to go in depth here, but suffice it to say it's a product of media-driven politics: not sophisticated, not interesting, and ruinous in several additional ways.

Meanwhile, Trone got smoked in MD. ~13 point polling error in Alsobrooks favor. I move the Hogan loss/margin from ~10 to ~15... but it is going to cost Ds dearly because Trone could have self-funded.

Just a warning to all of us: the polls are badly broken. Another potential usefully data source corrupted by corporate media in order to drive the frenzy, ratings, clicks, and etc.
Okay @MassachusettsDawg, after talking to my most involved Baltimore / MD political wonk / lawyer friend, he also thinks Hogan has a better chance than MD structural factors should allow.

He thinks Alsobrooks better than Trone would have been.... etc.

As such, I am cutting my projected margin in half - call it ~7.5, which with a campaign to go is certainly doable. But one should give the D the opening edge in a historically (and recently) safe D state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT