ADVERTISEMENT

A gusher in Nashville. Gumps haven't cried this much since Jenny died....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"The shortest Heisman campaign in history Gump": Defense and three bad plays by Milroe.

"He ain't him" Gump: Elsewhere, prior to the game I was discussing DeBoer's habit of getting into close games. He has a remarkable ability to win them, but the ability to finish off an opponent or dominate an inferior opponent is something that's a bit of a rarity. This is what has to change in order for him to have success that Alabama's talent warrants. It isn't a question of whether or not he can knock off top teams, of course he can. It's consistent domination that he hasn't mastered.

"Pavia for Heisman" Gump: I had a bad read on Pavia. We should have gone for him this offseason. He’s good.

Izzy Mandelgump: No sense in even watching any film from this game. You lose to Vandy, you run ALL WEEK. We are likely not going to make the playoffs now.

images

"Kids were in the liiving room. It was too violent." Gump: I turned it off did they tear the goal posts down.

Baghdad Bob Gump:
Not gonna read too much into this one with regards to defense. We are far from the first team to struggle against the option. I'm still not too concerned. We probably can't lose 3 games anymore and still make the playoffs, but we should still be in with 2. The Georgia win helps out a lot.

images

Anyone have Pete Golding's number? Gump:
Tennessee is going to obliterate this D. Wommack will have no answers for Huepels offense.

And we have Carolina next week.

"Build that wall!" Gump:
most embarrassing game of my entire time as a Bama fan. I was 12 the last time we lost to vandy. This staff and team can pound sand.

the players should walk home and none of the staff should ever be allowed in the state of alabama again

"Thank God my niece planned her wedding for the fall" Gump: Well, I am missing next week's game. I was trying to find a way out of the commitment but now I don't care.

"Bring back old and grumpy" Gump: You can only be a successful players coach in today's game if the players buy in and actually play well. A player's coach on an undisciplined team doesn't usually end well.

"Mister we could use a man like Nick Saban again" Gump: Worst defensive gameplan I’ve seen since DuBose was on the sideline. What an absolute humiliation. Wommack should demote himself after that train wreck.

those-were-the-days-archie-bunker.gif

"You can take a coach out of the Pac12, but you can't take the Pac12 out of him" Gump: We’ve given up 67 points in the last 6 quarters.

Diamond Level Gump:
I was on a plane and couldn't post in the complaint thread, so please allow me some grace here:

Most pathetic performance by and Alabama defense since before I don't know when.

Fire DeBoer.com owner Gump:
Losing games like this to Vandy will make sure Coach Deboer's stay at Bama a short one..

It was like having Coach Dubose clapping with Coach Shula's deer in the headlights look it was that bad all rolled up in one..

Whaling on Kalen Gump:
Leaving M. Moore on the field after he kicked the ball makes me think this team is run by the players and not the coaches. Plus all the taunting and dancing they do now. Saban would have rip Moore a new one.

I have no confidence in this staff through 5 games. We beat up on cupcakes, played 1 great quarter against UGA then stank. Then today’s effort. Womack is not a good DC, 2 weeks in a row with 0 adjustments. Does South Alabama want him back?

Hoosiers Gump:
When you hire Indiana coordinators you might get Indiana football.

Alabama really needs to just put Pruitt on the payroll so they can stash him somewhere until he can be an on-fiend coach again. In the mean time may he could give them pointers to you know, not do this.

"Mama Moore said life is like a box of chocolates and sometimes they's an ass whoopin' in that box" Gump: I know Moore's mom. Nothing the coaches can do will compare to what he’s about to catch.

Doug Billings Gump: Georgia hangover is real

"The refs beat us, not Vandy" Gump: The last two times we went into Tennessee as the #1 team, the officials affected the outcome.

Never saw it coming Gump: We beat UGA last week. How in the hell did this happen? We are an 8-4 team right now.

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.