ADVERTISEMENT

A Mexican mariachi kicked my Russian Blue cat--trouble ensued

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
In 1980 I came upon a little money in a deal with a plaintiff's attorney I met. I bought some land in the wilderness of the Big Bend of Florida and built a fish shack.

Over the years I put some money into the 84 acres every year. I fenced it off. I built a road and later paved it. I put in some drainage.

In the 90's I upgraded security adding a high fence and double gates. In the past 22 years I have built pole barns, made the shack hurricane resistant, and added electronic security. I also obtained a goose and some big cats and some dogs. The goose is the best "device" I have. He sleeps with one eye open, 24 X 7. His vision is like an eagle's. He can see at night. His hearing is better that the dogs and cats. He is fierce. He weighs in at 32 pounds and can fly well. All the other animals and humans respect the goose.

Four years ago a Russian Blue cat wandered down my private road. Someone has put him out of a car and left him. He had a chip. I traced the cat. His owner had died and left an obit. Chewey was mentioned in the obit and the will. He was left in the care of a day nurse, and he had an allowance of $250 per month for life. He is a trust fund feline.

He is now 13. He is healthy. As is the case with cats of his variety, he loves humans and other animals.

I traced the day nurse down and sicced the cat's lawyers on her. She was cold busted and is serving time for fraud. She kept cashing the cat's checks and living it up.

Chewey and goose are fast friends. A low rider Impala, circa 1992, came down my road recently. The driver ignored all the posted sighs, the private road sign, the stay out signs. He wheeled to a stop outside the main gate and got out of the car to try to climb the fence. Chewey met him as a friend. The interloper kicked Chewey. Goose went berserk. This alerted the dogs and three pissed off dogs charged. Two of the big cats, each about 45-55 pounds attacked. I grabbed my .270 Winchester.

Beau and Lee, retainers who work for me and live at the fish camp, grabbed long guns and charged. Beau and Lee are ROK Marines now US Citizens. They both carry gold shields. They made an arrest as I approached. The Mexican screamed he was a mariachi looking for work. Then he spit on me. At age 76, I don't pack the punch I used to, but I work a heavy bag three days per week. I hit the musician with a left hook to the right ear. I hit him another left hook, with steam, in the liver. I finished with a right uppercut Tyson would have liked.

The mariachi was battered, pecked, and scratched. Chewey made a trip to his Vet. He has bruised ribs but seems fine so far. The troublemaker was illegally in the US. He has a long record in Texas, Florida, and Mexico.

The White House will soon provide the illegal with an attorney.

Welcome to Joe's World.

blue-cat-breeds-4801270-hero-7f4a958430174ea2be825fb80daf0645.jpg

In 1980 I came upon a little money in a deal with a plaintiff's attorney I met. I bought some land in the wilderness of the Big Bend of Florida and built a fish shack.

Over the years I put some money into the 84 acres every year. I fenced it off. I built a road and later paved it. I put in some drainage.

In the 90's I upgraded security adding a high fence and double gates. In the past 22 years I have built pole barns, made the shack hurricane resistant, and added electronic security. I also obtained a goose and some big cats and some dogs. The goose is the best "device" I have. He sleeps with one eye open, 24 X 7. His vision is like an eagle's. He can see at night. His hearing is better that the dogs and cats. He is fierce. He weighs in at 32 pounds and can fly well. All the other animals and humans respect the goose.

Four years ago a Russian Blue cat wandered down my private road. Someone has put him out of a car and left him. He had a chip. I traced the cat. His owner had died and left an obit. Chewey was mentioned in the obit and the will. He was left in the care of a day nurse, and he had an allowance of $250 per month for life. He is a trust fund feline.

He is now 13. He is healthy. As is the case with cats of his variety, he loves humans and other animals.

I traced the day nurse down and sicced the cat's lawyers on her. She was cold busted and is serving time for fraud. She kept cashing the cat's checks and living it up.

Chewey and goose are fast friends. A low rider Impala, circa 1992, came down my road recently. The driver ignored all the posted sighs, the private road sign, the stay out signs. He wheeled to a stop outside the main gate and got out of the car to try to climb the fence. Chewey met him as a friend. The interloper kicked Chewey. Goose went berserk. This alerted the dogs and three pissed off dogs charged. Two of the big cats, each about 45-55 pounds attacked. I grabbed my .270 Winchester.

Beau and Lee, retainers who work for me and live at the fish camp, grabbed long guns and charged. Beau and Lee are ROK Marines now US Citizens. They both carry gold shields. They made an arrest as I approached. The Mexican screamed he was a mariachi looking for work. Then he spit on me. At age 76, I don't pack the punch I used to, but I work a heavy bag three days per week. I hit the musician with a left hook to the right ear. I hit him another left hook, with steam, in the liver. I finished with a right uppercut Tyson would have liked.

The mariachi was battered, pecked, and scratched. Chewey made a trip to his Vet. He has bruised ribs but seems fine so far. The troublemaker was illegally in the US. He has a long record in Texas, Florida, and Mexico.

Welcome to Joe's World.
What kinda cats you got that go ~50 pounds? We used to have a couple of those in the area near my house, but they were wild and lived in the desert.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
worse thing I ever did in my own mind
( much more horrible otherwise.)
was an indiscriminant goose kill.

look,
these lies are all true.
confession, sin...
does it matter?

I killed a buzzard one time. I went acrost the road from my Grandpa’s farm onto the Keller land, acrost the two railroad tracks on the dirt road that hugged the edge of the cornfield and then dropped into the low-lying swampy woods. There someone had dumped a dead hog. It was covered with buzzards, and I shot my 20-gauge H&R Topper amongst them, killing one and flushing the rest. When I got to the carcass, I found a poor creature that seemed to be over 90% feathers and was just pitiful. The stench of the whole scene was unbearable, but not as bad as the stench on my soul. I asked God for forgiveness and promised I would never do anything like that again. Every buzzard I have seen since that day has reminded me of my senseless act of cruelty.

Hope your kitty is doing better…

thank you but unfortunately, he isn’t. He’s just going to be with me another couple days. Early next week I’m am going to have to have him put under. He’s lost all His muscle mass and can’t even walk good. So weak. He still Purrs a bit when I have him in my lap. Amazing how attached I’ve become to this little guy. He is an incredible animal and I will miss him terribly to the point I’m heartbroken.

Russian Blues are kind of rare. From what I've read, they like solitude and don't demand a lot of attention. I bet Chewey is a good shack cat. Hope he recovers and hangs out with Goose. I swear Florida has more Canada Geese than Canada.

Last edited:
thank you but unfortunately, he isn’t. He’s just going to be with me another couple days. Early next week I’m am going to have to have him put under. He’s lost all His muscle mass and can’t even walk good. So weak. He still Purrs a bit when I have him in my lap. Amazing how attached I’ve become to this little guy. He is an incredible animal and I will miss him terribly to the point I’m heartbroken.
Dang… I’m sorry to hear that my friend… I’ll be thinking of y’all… he sounds like a good buddy… I love cats so much and hate it for ya pal…

Reactions: Bells76

Welcome to Joe's World.
LOL!….great story .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT