ADVERTISEMENT

There is a just a basic lack of humanity on Memorial Drive...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call an ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max and Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.

Last edited:
This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call am ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I love said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire, rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max/Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.
This is compelling, but I think I prefer the homoerotic stories that started my smoking habit.

This is compelling, but I think I prefer the homoerotic stories that started my smoking habit.
I've got your bases covered. I've seen all kinds of soap eating zombies in wheelchairs foaming at the mouth and jacking off under bridges around there.

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call am ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I love said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire, rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max/Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.
We are a sad lot. I took a summer class at the DekalbCC campus over there many years ago. It was like being transported to a different planet every time I got off the 285 exit.

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call am ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max/Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.

Is that not part of the Walmart experience OP?

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call am ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max and Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.
Damn dude you sure run into a lot of folks with a lot of problems.

That area is a grade A shithole and has been since the 90s. Clarkston is the most diverse area and high school in the country i believe I read somewhere.

Smokerise bottle shop is the only highlight of the area. If that area explodes I’d be happy

Man I remember going to the Turtles music store on Memorial Drive at 285… getting the stamps for the booklets to get discounts lol…
That place was a sincere treat. Got most of my cool posters and concert tickets there. I also used to love the nudie secrion at the Starship, pre-internet.
Smokerise bottle shop is the only highlight of the area. If that area explodes I’d be happy
Nam Dae Mun Farmers Market is pretty good. Not much else. Even the Original Pancake House there is horrid.

This evening at the Walmart in Stone Mountain I had to call am ambulance for some old lady in a wheelchair, hyperventilating in the parking lot. People were just casually walking by. I literally said "are you ****ing serious?" to several of the young able-bodied teenagers that walked right past her in front of me, not even acknowledging her. It seems like I have said that a lot. In the past months I've had to push two stranded scared women out of an intersection, change a tire and rescue a bloody pit bull that had its legs snapped after getting ran over. He was dragging himself on a sidewalk by a bunch of drunks who were unfazed. The damndest incident was when I called the ambulance for kid riding a dirt bike that got hit by a car and his friends just took off and left him. The place needs those blue-helmet UN Peacekeepers. If you EVER want to bitch about your life, go to Memorial between the jail and Stone Mountain. It's a cross between a third world Mad Max and Repo Man. Or hell... go to the QT nearby on N Decatur Road... you might get rabies... from a human.
Not sure what you expected, it's Stone Mountain/Memorial Drive.

I grew up in Hearthstone, just behind hambrick elementary and SMHS. My childhood was wonderful. Place is a shathole now.
Grew up on Rays Rd. For those not from the area, it's between Memorial Drive and E Ponce de Leon Ave just on the east side of the perimeter. Graduated from Clarkston High in 1980. Memorial Drive was happening back then. Terrible to see how the place went down hill starting in the late 80's.

Gen Z has ZERO ability to effectively communicate with strangers F2F, much less in a crisis SITU; add that to the fact that they have NO empathy. None.

It's a dangerous cocktail for society.

I was just a little kid but I remember a place called Sgt. Singers which was like showbiz pizza with video games and such. Also "Sportstown", Waldenbooks and Eddies Trick Shop.

So based on this thread I should invest over there and wait 20 years...

Grew up in that area for a time. It’s basically a third world country now. Very sad. Basically can’t even support a restaurant anymore. Dangerous as hell too. Only time I ever go that way now is to hot Weeums in the city of Stone Mountain, fantastic cheese steak

SGT Singers was amazing as a kid

Grew up in that area for a time. It’s basically a third world country now. Very sad. Basically can’t even support a restaurant anymore. Dangerous as hell too. Only time I ever go that way now is to hot Weeums in the city of Stone Mountain, fantastic cheese steak

SGT Singers was amazing as a kid
Weeyums has good people. Klaus at The German Reataurant is also good folks too.

Grew up not far from there (Glenwood) before we moved to Conyers. Life is cheap there. Compassion is lacking.

Reactions: Georgia Jim
40 years ago it was the place to be!
Part of my old stomping grounds. Was one of the nicest strips in the Atlanta area for restaurants and retail. Used to cruise the Shoneys on weekends in our muscle cars looking for babes and maybe a race on 285....this was late 60s and early 70s....War zone now...

Reactions: TivoliDawg
Grew up on Rays Rd. For those not from the area, it's between Memorial Drive and E Ponce de Leon Ave just on the east side of the perimeter. Graduated from Clarkston High in 1980. Memorial Drive was happening back then. Terrible to see how the place went down hill starting in the late 80's.
The Clarkston Angoras had a really good Soccer team back then....I had a apt in Clarkston in the 80s....kinda rough back then...by the 90s you are right.

We are a sad lot. I took a summer class at the DekalbCC campus over there many years ago. It was like being transported to a different planet every time I got off the 285 exit.

Actually taught a couple classes over there in the 80s, was just fine at that time.

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT