ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday mark a year ago that my father in law

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
had the nurse call me to come alone to the hospital. He said , I know you have heard it all and you are the only one I got that can handle this and still live life .

Todd he said I am not going get better I am dying . I need for you to prepare everyone and I need for you to tell everyone . My heart functions are gone . My lungs are filling up with fluid. I am sorry . But I needed to tell a strong person and someone that can handle this situation.

I have heard a lot of things from many people but the above lives with me . I can recall the nurse showing me his c ray and test of his heart . I probably got 50 texts asking me what he was saying .

I have told love ones were victims of crime and they won’t ever be home or a victim of a traffic accident. Yea it’s rips you but nothing like telling your wife how her dad feels or your mother in law and sister in law . I don’t remember how I told them . I don’t even remember the drive home.

The days after Sunday were hard . Tomorrow marks one year he’s been gone . That I haven’t seen him or talked . We had a good relationship. I do miss him greatly. It has taken a year for reality to set in .

had the nurse call me to come alone to the hospital. He said , I know you have heard it all and you are the only one I got that can handle this and still live life .

Todd he said I am not going get better I am dying . I need for you to prepare everyone and I need for you to tell everyone . My heart functions are gone . My lungs are filling up with fluid. I am sorry . But I needed to tell a strong person and someone that can handle this situation.

I have heard a lot of things from many people but the above lives with me . I can recall the nurse showing me his c ray and test of his heart . I probably got 50 texts asking me what he was saying .

I have told love ones were victims of crime and they won’t ever be home or a victim of a traffic accident. Yea it’s rips you but nothing like telling your wife how her dad feels or your mother in law and sister in law . I don’t remember how I told them . I don’t even remember the drive home.

The days after Sunday were hard . Tomorrow marks one year he’s been gone . That I haven’t seen him or talked . We had a good relationship. I do miss him greatly. It has taken a year for reality to set in .
Prayers for your wife, family and you Todd! It is hard to realize and settle in. I don't know if it ever does. I lost my brother almost the same time as your FIL except it will be 2 years on Feb. 21. And it is still hard to believe he is not here. I miss him. I lost my dad 20 years ago. But I know without a doubt both are in eternity with the Lord. And that means I will be with them soon. Blessings and comfort to you Bro!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT