ADVERTISEMENT

Abortion issue was biggest unforced error in political history…

To a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

To a victim, everything seems like an attack. To a racist baiter, everything seems racist. To someone looking for more evidence of election fraud, everything looks like election fraud
But yet I wasn't looking and yet it exists and that is without talking about Arizona's issues.

A hammer doesn't know a screw job it seems, but apparently is willing to claim every count is on the up and up. What explains why the counting is delayed? Seems odd, right?

What all the RINO/TDS's don't acknowledge is that the R party fields a very weak field of candidates (not all Orange man's fault) and THAT is a major issue, as is not "running on something" instead of running "against something".

Kemp is a weak candidate vs prior R governors and unless the repug's work to build the party with more and better choices, the non-stop national Dem money pouring into Ga will give fatty or someone like her the governor's mansion.

I thought that conservatives were the experts on indoctrination and brainwashing with their private schools and churches. What most conservatives really fear is their indoctrination getting undone by their children learning to think critically and realizing they live in a big, complicated world.
Flip your argument 180 degrees and you are on to something.

I really don't think that's the case. There are those who believe having any social safety net or role for government is communism, but there is a vast middle ground. As far as education, college is a logical time for young people to re-evaluate things and form opinions of their own. In many cases, they tend to be somewhat idealistic which creates issues but they usually moderate their views over time. It's just frightening for those who think children should have the world view from where they grew up. If you're too insistent teaching your kids what you believe is right and wrong then it only stands to reason that they should at least evaluate that for themselves.
I do think that’s the case. Parents are not seeing what is being taught in classes now. The professors are all about lib thinking and big government.

I really don't think that's the case. There are those who believe having any social safety net or role for government is communism, but there is a vast middle ground. As far as education, college is a logical time for young people to re-evaluate things and form opinions of their own. In many cases, they tend to be somewhat idealistic which creates issues but they usually moderate their views over time. It's just frightening for those who think children should have the world view from where they grew up. If you're too insistent teaching your kids what you believe is right and wrong then it only stands to reason that they should at least evaluate that for themselves.
Funny, what about those of us who teach our children at home to think for themselves? The issue as I see it is families (sadly fewer nuclear ones exist in this world), don't TALK to their children about thinking critically. Independence, questioning authority, etc. Why would I want strangers to "meld my kids minds" into their vision? I wanted them fully formed and ready to be adults at 18; no helicopter parenting needed.

But no, today's education is more about group think, censoring conflicting information and indoctrinating kids into the narrative. And if you don't stick with the script you risk being cancelled.

And my progeny both graduated from Athens and I can tell you that 95% of colleges don't teach kids critical thinking. It is mostly "memorize, regurgitate, with multiple guess exams". 35 years ago exams required written answers. I don't think education is better now than it was before.

Funny, what about those of us who teach our children at home to think for themselves? The issue as I see it is families (sadly fewer nuclear ones exist in this world), don't TALK to their children about thinking critically. Independence, questioning authority, etc. Why would I want strangers to "meld my kids minds" into their vision? I wanted them fully formed and ready to be adults at 18; no helicopter parenting needed.

But no, today's education is more about group think, censoring conflicting information and indoctrinating kids into the narrative. And if you don't stick with the script you risk being cancelled.

And my progeny both graduated from Athens and I can tell you that 95% of colleges don't teach kids critical thinking. It is mostly "memorize, regurgitate, with multiple guess exams". 35 years ago exams required written answers. I don't think education is better now than it was before.
I agree wholeheartedly!

Reactions: WyoDawg307
Do you have any plans to help support said children now that they’re alive? Or are you only pro-life pre-birth?
So for you if someone can’t support themselves just murder them. Ok, that should rid the taxpayers of having to foot the bill for all the drug addicted welfare users. Funny how you pro abortionist love murdering babies instead of attacking the idiots that aren’t responsible enough to not get pregnant or take care of the resulting innocent baby.

Trump was an excellent president. Yes, he talks too much at times & is certainly proud of himself. However, the man delivered on almost all of his campaign promises & left the country in much better shape than where it was when he took office. People who get their feelings hurt by other peoples words & tone are candy asses & need to grow up & toughen up.As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words & Trump’s actions delivered for our country! Ron Desantis is a fine gentleman & would , in my opinion,make an excellent president. Maybe,Desantis will become the Republican nominee in 24, time will tell.In the meantime, our country is stuck with the worst president in our countries history, a sorry POS that I wish had never been born & hopefully will burn in hell.

I thought that conservatives were the experts on indoctrination and brainwashing with their private schools and churches. What most conservatives really fear is their indoctrination getting undone by their children learning to think critically and realizing they live in a big, complicated world.
Spot on.

Reactions: shonuff253 and pawd
Meeting your maker at the pearly gates will be the test.

The Republicans (and hence the country) has a real problem. I don't see any Republican winning the Presidency with a pro life position and I don't see any Republican winning the nomination without it.

In two years we could have a full sweep of Democrats in the white house, congress, and senate if they do not drop the abortion issue.

It wasn't just abortion. A lot of people saw the Dobbs decision as a slippery slope. Dobbs was just the first domino to fall. You have Supreme Court Justices and many GOP politicians in Congress talking about eventually banning birth control and reversing Obergefell (gay marriage legalization). That is what got them killed along with abortion.

The Republicans (and hence the country) has a real problem. I don't see any Republican winning the Presidency with a pro life position and I don't see any Republican winning the nomination without it.

In two years we could have a full sweep of Democrats in the white house, congress, and senate if they do not drop the abortion issue.

Here's the thing. The GOP needs to dump Trump but they can't. He's an anchor on them, but the GOP primary voter is obsessed with him. There is not a more out of touch member of the electorate than the Trump loving GOP primary voter. The next GOP president that is not Trump will be seen as popular because compared to Trump they'll look like a competent genius. DeSantis or any other candidate would be much tougher for Dems in 2024. I say this as a Democrat who knows dumping Trump could hurt us. The country would be so much better off if we moved on from him.

Reactions: pawd

Dewine just won Ohio by 26 points after signing a 6 week abortion ban. Kemp rolled with the same in purple state.

It’s an issue but less of an issue than it has been in a long time. If swing state VA likes their 15 week ban legislated at the state level, why would they care as much about a president (or congressperson) who rightfully leaves it to state legislatures?

I still ask if it is left to the states would anyone object to leaving it to the voters. That would remove it as an election issue but it’s unlikely the electorate would support any of the harsher bans although some states would likely impose partial restrictions.

I still say the biggest problem with bad candidates are when they’re more afraid of primaries than general elections. That kind of environment breeds nuts on both sides. You can effectively end up with 30 percent rule also known as the majority of the majority.

Reactions: pawd
Dewine just won Ohio by 26 points after signing a 6 week abortion ban. Kemp rolled with the same in purple state.

It’s an issue but less of an issue than it has been in a long time. If swing state VA likes their 15 week ban legislated at the state level, why would they care as much about a president (or congressperson) who rightfully leaves it to state legislatures?
You make a damn good point with that example, but still hard to imagine a win nationally.

You make a damn good point with that example, but still hard to imagine a win nationally

Reactions: sanforddawg11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT