ADVERTISEMENT

All the GOP does now is lose and is abortion Republicans’ “defund the police?”

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
Ever since 2017…..all the GOP does is lose against Dems. Call it what you want but Trump backed and MAGA candidates don’t resonate with the country, especially suburban voters, especially suburban moms. Republicans lost in 2018, lost in 2020 (don’t worry, it was stolen!), lost the gigantic “red wave” that was supposed to happen in 2022, lost again last night. In what as supposed to be a spring board for GOP in 2024, Dems continue to thrive in elections even with Biden attached to their name. It’s unreal. The party has no cohesiveness and no direction. For some reason candidates still cling to MAGA and think that will propel them and then shocker…they lose! Rona is awful as GOP Chair and for some reason they won’t rid her out. It’s just a complete mess. It’s a cluster f***.

Also, Ann Coulter made a good point. Is abortion the GOP’s “defund the police movement?” I’m extremely pro-life but Dems are using that as a rallying cry for these elections and it’s working.

From her Substack:

“Tuesday night, Ohio became the SEVENTH state to emphatically reject the tiniest restriction on abortion. It joins California, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, and Vermont.
For half a century, right-wingers have screamed, There’s nothing in the constitution about abortion! It’s up to the states!

We won, the states voted— and voted and voted and voted — and we lost. Every time. It turns out (no matter what they tell pollsters or their neighbors) the people LOVE abortion. They want no restrictions. None. Not the tiniest little imposition. Montana voters rejected a law that would have merely require life-saving treatment be given to babies accidentally born alive during an abortion. That lost, 53% to 47%.

Four states have put the right to abortion in their constitutions - Michigan, Vermont and California and, now, Ohio.

Fellow pro-lifers: This is the “change hearts and minds” part of the battle, not the “force Republicans to keep losing elections” part. “

Ever since 2017…..all the GOP does is lose against Dems. Call it what you want but Trump backed and MAGA candidates don’t resonate with the country, especially suburban voters, especially suburban moms. Republicans lost in 2018, lost in 2020 (don’t worry, it was stolen!), lost the gigantic “red wave” that was supposed to happen in 2022, lost again last night. In what as supposed to be a spring board for GOP in 2024, Dems continue to thrive in elections even with Biden attached to their name. It’s unreal. The party has no cohesiveness and no direction. For some reason candidates still cling to MAGA and think that will propel them and then shocker…they lose! Rona is awful as GOP Chair and for some reason they won’t rid her out. It’s just a complete mess. It’s a cluster f***.

Also, Ann Coulter made a good point. Is abortion the GOP’s “defund the police movement?” I’m extremely pro-life but Dems are using that as a rallying cry for these elections and it’s working.

From her Substack:

“Tuesday night, Ohio became the SEVENTH state to emphatically reject the tiniest restriction on abortion. It joins California, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, and Vermont.
For half a century, right-wingers have screamed, There’s nothing in the constitution about abortion! It’s up to the states!

We won, the states voted— and voted and voted and voted — and we lost. Every time. It turns out (no matter what they tell pollsters or their neighbors) the people LOVE abortion. They want no restrictions. None. Not the tiniest little imposition. Montana voters rejected a law that would have merely require life-saving treatment be given to babies accidentally born alive during an abortion. That lost, 53% to 47%.

Four states have put the right to abortion in their constitutions - Michigan, Vermont and California and, now, Ohio.

Fellow pro-lifers: This is the “change hearts and minds” part of the battle, not the “force Republicans to keep losing elections” part. “
I think she's right. What's more, this is the only issue that resonates in the Dem side, which is why I posed the question yesterday relating to the Dem plan once abortion is effectively approved in all or nearly all 50 states? What else do they run on that evokes anything similar? Everything else is Marxist BS that the vast majority rejects, and the growing anti-Semitic sentiment on that side is very problematic.

Trump is a huge issue.

The GOP not providing a competing vision for America is a huge issue.

Having a woman in charge of the RNC is big issue.

Democracy is the biggest issue. It’s the worst form of government in human history.

Erickson hits it right on the head with this:

7409d2f58fdde8a7999574f288b24d0d.jpg

living rent free still around here lol
agree or disagree with the following:

Trump is the greatest thing to happen for the left since the 1964 civil rights act (will accept that Obama was arguably better for them)

Erickson hits it right on the head with this:

7409d2f58fdde8a7999574f288b24d0d.jpg
What Erickson and the rest of the inside the beltway types refuse to confront is that it is them that created Trump and left a large majority of their base feeling like they had no representation. Trump did not commandeer the party, he simply started talking about securing the border when the est preferred candidate was speaking Spanish at rallies. He started talking about the performance of the pro political class and all of the ridiculous consequences their leadership had created for the middle class. Trump had several core issues where all he had to do was illustrate how Pubs campaigned but never seemed to follow thru once elected and he won the support of the base that largely disliked his persona.

So, instead of embracing the ideas and realizing you could win with Trump policies and determination to refuse to back down, a good number of statist pubs simply joined the resistance. Iows, you don't get to be a Pub that campaigned for "a return to normalcy" and endorsed Biden and then get to blame the guy that just wants a good job, a safe neighborhood, the ability to send his children to a proper school environment and wants his tax dollars spent wisely and without the influence of corruption. So when Ericson, Christie, McConnell and all the rest start blaming Trump, they may want to start looking at who abandoned what was a growing and winning coalition instead of co-opting the movement and rendering Trump unnecessary.

What Erickson and the rest of the inside the beltway types refuse to confront is that it is them that created Trump and left a large majority of their base feeling like they had no representation. Trump did not commandeer the party, he simply started talking about securing the border when the est preferred candidate was speaking Spanish at rallies. He started talking about the performance of the pro political class and all of the ridiculous consequences their leadership had created for the middle class. Trump had several core issues where all he had to do was illustrate how Pubs campaigned but never seemed to follow thru once elected and he won the support of the base that largely disliked his persona.

So, instead of embracing the ideas and realizing you could win with Trump policies and determination to refuse to back down, a good number of statist pubs simply joined the resistance. Iows, you don't get to be a Pub that campaigned for "a return to normalcy" and endorsed Biden and then get to blame the guy that just wants a good job, a safe neighborhood, the ability to send his children to a proper school environment and wants his tax dollars spent wisely and without the influence of corruption. So when Ericson, Christie, McConnell and all the rest start blaming Trump, they may want to start looking at who abandoned what was a growing and winning coalition instead of co-opting the movement and rendering Trump unnecessary.
It is certainly true that a weak feminine slob like Erickson still has no idea why people vote for Trump

So tell me why every candidate Trump puts forth or backs they lose? Ever since he was in office Republicans have lost every single race….18, 20, 22 and now 23. Were all those races stolen? Trump can not pull swing state votes and suburbanites. He only pulls in areas that are solid Trump places and have been solid Trump places and Republican strongholds for a long, long time.

It is notable, by the way, how quickly Trump supporters have rushed to attach Cameron to McConnell. It is true, Cameron was a McConnell protege. But in 2023, Cameron ran as Trump’s guy, not McConnell’s guy. But he also ran as Trump’s guy at the expense of being his own man.

Had he spent more time running as Daniel Cameron and less as Daniel “Did I Tell You I Was Endorsed by Trump?” Cameron, he might have won.

It is certainly true that a weak feminine slob like Erickson still has no idea why people vote for Trump
And it’s certainly true that the problem, however, is that if Trump loses, he and his supporters will again insist it was stolen, and his supporters will also demand the future standard bearer be close enough to Trump that whoever it is further alienates suburban white voters, possibly without being able to replace those voters with non-white working-class voters.

And it’s certainly true that the problem, however, is that if Trump loses, he and his supporters will again insist it was stolen, and his supporters will also demand the future standard bearer be close enough to Trump that whoever it is further alienates suburban white voters, possibly without being able to replace those voters with non-white working-class voters.
Oh no question. I think 2023 Trump is a net negative for the conservative movement and will lead to a Reagan v Mondale level of landslide victory for Biden.

Having said that, I consider Erickson, Shapiro, McConnell, etc (all the typical "conservative" thought leaders) to be indicative of a much larger problem. They have no competing vision for the direction of the country. Right now the republican message is "hey we aren't the democrats" and people are smart enough to know what that means in practice is instead of pedophiles being a protected class by 2025 we'll have to wait until 2030 to hear the "conservative case for minor attracted persons". And instead of white Americans going to die in Ukraine they will instead be sent to die in Israel.

Erickson and his ilk, can not define what an American is, what America is, and why America used to be a great country, and to be fair Trump can't either but he atleast has rudimentary understanding of it which is why he resonates with whites. Erickson and the rest will insist "freedom of religion" is a conservative value and would shame a Presbyterian Church for wanting the Bible back in public school while cheering on the construction of a mosque in downtown Atlanta. They would gladly help cancel or try to shame a Southerner for flying a confederate flag while insisting that while they don't agree with AOC she has right to say whatever drivel comes out of her mouth.

If Trump is the nominee I welcome the acceleration of the end of the facade of "our sacred democracy" so the conservatives left in this country can finally rally around someone who will take the harsh measures necessary to defend our people. Erickson and the rest would advocate for the imprisonment or execution of such a person. see how the reacted to the Jan 6 "riots".

So tell me why every candidate Trump puts forth or backs they lose? Ever since he was in office Republicans have lost every single race….18, 20, 22 and now 23. Were all those races stolen? Trump can not pull swing state votes and suburbanites. He only pulls in areas that are solid Trump places and have been solid Trump places and Republican strongholds for a long, long time.

It is notable, by the way, how quickly Trump supporters have rushed to attach Cameron to McConnell. It is true, Cameron was a McConnell protege. But in 2023, Cameron ran as Trump’s guy, not McConnell’s guy. But he also ran as Trump’s guy at the expense of being his own man.

Had he spent more time running as Daniel Cameron and less as Daniel “Did I Tell You I Was Endorsed by Trump?” Cameron, he might have won.
Maybe because some of the Pubs fight him as hard as the Dems. I'm not saying Trump or bust. I'm saying Trump had a winning message and Pols like McConnell, Graham, etc and all the Pub career bureaucrats could have adopted the message and fought for the policies and neutered Trump. But instead of embracing a message over 90% of the base supports, many Pubs joined the anybody but Trump movement and now blame Trump for Trump being torpedoed by the party and created a situation where they are at war with themselves. Imo, it's more about protecting their turf than Trump being a douche. There are a lot of egotistical douches doing quite well in DC. They just don't rock the boats.

Maybe because some of the Pubs fight him as hard as the Dems. I'm not saying Trump or bust. I'm saying Trump had a winning message and Pols like McConnell, Graham, etc and all the Pub career bureaucrats could have adopted the message and fought for the policies and neutered Trump. But instead of embracing a message over 90% of the base supports, many Pubs joined the anybody but Trump movement and now blame Trump for Trump being torpedoed by the party and created a situation where they are at war with themselves. Imo, it's more about protecting their turf than Trump being a douche. There are a lot of egotistical douches doing quite well in DC. They just don't rock the boats.
All I know is the GOP has had a losing message since 2018. They simply can’t win. Maybe it’s Dems rallying around social issues (abortion is a winning issue for them, they’re using it and it’s resonating with suburban white voters (especially women)).

The GOP is mostly a series of regional parties with conflicting views where Trump-style candidates cost races in suburban white areas and non-Trump candidates cost elections in exurban and rural areas. And the new coalition of Trump voters does not have the resources to compete. Democrats outspent the GOP in Kentucky, Virginia, and Ohio. Trump voters only show up for Trump and only give money to Trump.

For the love of all good…why can’t the party move on from Ronna….🤦🏻‍♂️ She’s absolutely part of the problem.

We are toast. When the biggest issue to voters is to maintain the right to murder innocent babies, we have lost all moral compass and deserve to die out just as the Roman empire. Its over. SMH
Are you leaving since we are dying out? Are you doing nothing?

Trump is a huge issue.

The GOP not providing a competing vision for America is a huge issue.

Having a woman in charge of the RNC is big issue.

Democracy is the biggest issue. It’s the worst form of government in human history.
And what, pray tell, would you replace democracy with in your perfect world?

From her Substack:

I hear what you are saying, but, IN MY OPINION, the fact that humans make political decisions based on the convenience or control of money rather than the sanctity of life is an indictment on us as a species.

That is MY OPINION as a Christian. There are atheists and agnostics, and Alabama fans that feel the same way, so the issue isn’t just a MAGA repub issue.

I will not vote for a candidate who is willing to sell his or her soul to get elected. So yes, sanctity of life is important to me and my relationship with God. I cannot compromise that relationship. It isn’t my call to make. I am not God.

I have immense respect for women and women’s rights and their health. But why choose the most expensive and dangerous method for birth control? Why is it become so important to murder a conceived life when contraception is such a simple, inexpensive and convenient fix?

Good and bad plays out here in full view.

Saying all that, yep, the stance might lose the election. Shame on us……IN MY OPINION

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Define America and the American people.
America specifically the "United States of" is a nation founded by "we the people" to create a government of the people by the people (Lincoln's later phrasing) in support of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness - the constitution establishes a representative government for this purpose, etc

To the extent that the nation coheres and endures, it is because of these principles and limited others - which through trials and tribulations and wars and tests by lesser men have this far sustained nearly 250 years (celebration soon) - not a lot in the grand scheme of things, let's be honest.

now you

I hear what you are saying, but, IN MY OPINION, the fact that humans make political decisions based on the convenience or control of money rather than the sanctity of life is an indictment on us as a species.

That is MY OPINION as a Christian. There are atheists and agnostics, and Alabama fans that feel the same way, so the issue isn’t just a MAGA repub issue.

I will not vote for a candidate who is willing to sell his or her soul to get elected. So yes, sanctity of life is important to me and my relationship with God. I cannot compromise that relationship. It isn’t my call to make. I am not God.

I have immense respect for women and women’s rights and their health. But why choose the most expensive and dangerous method for birth control? Why is it become so important to murder a conceived life when contraception is such a simple, inexpensive and convenient fix?

Good and bad plays out here in full view.

Saying all that, yep, the stance might lose the election. Shame on us……IN MY OPINION
There’s been a lot of projection of liberal values to conservative choices by liberals scratching their heads wondering why many conservatives would hold strong on the issue. These liberals can not conceive of sacrificing votes to the silly notion of standing by convictions of right vs wrong.

America specifically the "United States of" is a nation founded by "we the people" to create a government of the people by the people (Lincoln's later phrasing) in support of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness - the constitution establishes a representative government for this purpose, etc

To the extent that the nation coheres and endures, it is because of these principles and limited others - which through trials and tribulations and wars and tests by lesser men have this far sustained nearly 250 years (celebration soon) - not a lot in the grand scheme of things, let's be honest.

now you
You’ve described nothing other than a creed. Without describing what the actual country is and who the actual citizens are.

America is the land better men than us conquered.

Americans are the descendants of those who came before us, bled, fought and built a nation out of the vast wilderness.

Our system of government doesn’t change what America is and who Americans are.

The creedal idea, and tbf it is a popular idea on both the "right" (See Ben Shapiro) and the left but it is an absurd idea. If America is nothing more than a group of people who believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness then tomorrow morning a man could wake up in Tokyo and decide he really likes the American founding and there is no reason why he isn't American under creedal definition.

This of course is absurd as a man descended from a thousand years of Japanese ancestors can no more become an American than I could ever become Japanese, or German, or Cherokee, or Mexican.

You’ve described nothing other than a creed. Without describing what the actual country is and who the actual citizens are.

America is the land better men than us conquered.

Americans are the descendants of those who came before us, bled, fought and built a nation out of the vast wilderness.

Our system of government doesn’t change what America is and who Americans are.

The creedal idea, and tbf it is a popular idea on both the "right" (See Ben Shapiro) and the left but it is an absurd idea. If America is nothing more than a group of people who believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness then tomorrow morning a man could wake up in Tokyo and decide he really likes the American founding and there is no reason why he isn't American under creedal definition.

This of course is absurd as a man descended from a thousand years of Japanese ancestors can no more become an American than I could ever become Japanese, or German, or Cherokee, or Mexican.
Kind of why America is different because they ACTUALLY CAN become American, while you can’t become Japanese.

Reactions: nice marmot
You’ve described nothing other...
what a waste of typing.

I described America. It's people are the citizens under the laws established above. and yes, there are many many many Americans who are descended from centuries of Japanese heritage, some of whom refer to themselves as Japanese-Americans, others as just Americans, as time and generations have gone by.

you have offered nothing definitive as a counter. most of what you wrote was just speechifying. For instance, I am not even willing to cede that "better men than us" conquered this land - sure there were some great men and there were some goddawful ones too, and some just banal, etc.

Reactions: jbpayne32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT