ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Georgia GOP plain dumb

OriginalGatorHator

Them Dawgs Is Hell
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2015
Or actively malicious?

Based off results last night in Pennsylvania and New York it’s clear that the Georgia GOP committed ritualistic suicide by changing the absentee ballot law during Covid.

Regardless of what you think about mail in ballots, it is obvious that the dems have the infrastructure in place to take advantage of this process. And republicans don’t. This is a significant lack of foresight. Either build up your mail in ballot machine through the churches or change the law because there is quickly coming a time where you won’t be able to.

It makes no sense why you would hand your political enemies such a massive advantage unless you are an imbecile or actively malicious and hate your voter base.

Here’s hoping that the 2024 election destroys the modern GOP and actual opposition party can rise in its place.

Mail-in ballots gave dims a W last night in NY when the snow storm made it impossible for GOP voters to get to the polls. Maybe the new GOP Chair will realize this is putting GOP at a disadvantage in every election and start pushing to level the playing field.

Mail-in ballots gave dims a W last night in NY when the snow storm made it impossible for GOP voters to get to the polls. Maybe the new GOP Chair will realize this is putting GOP at a disadvantage in every election and start pushing to level the playing field.
Impeaching George Santos was political malpractice. If there is one thing the Republicans love more than sending money to Israel and Ukraine it’s doing something that gives them applause from the media.

But unlike New York where the republicans control nothing, in Georgia they control what level of the state government and they still were stupid enough to champion mail in ballots. It’s going to cost us the state within 3 election cycles.

Maybe the new RNC chair will actually be competent but I sincerely doubt it.

Edit: also choosing a black Israeli woman to run against an Italian in Long Island was a great decision.

Edit: also choosing a black Israeli woman to run against an Italian in Long Island was a great decision.
She is actually a good candidate for the district. IDF vet. Not a hardcore right winger. Pro choice. She is actually a registered dem. The problem is everyone in Nassau County knows Suozzi. He has been around forever. And he is known to not be a hardcore leftist. He was able to campaign and attack Philips while she was introducing herself and trying to get people to know who she is. All the ads kept painting her as a MAGA extremist who's going to help implement a federal abortion ban.

Also, to your point above, the dems use early voting and mail in much better. Much better. So when a snowstorm happens, of course she has no shot at all with all the early votes and mail ins going to Suozzi.

After a few months of getting her name out there and her points across, she will have a very good shot in November to flip it back.. Unless somehow Newsome is the candidate for the dems. Then they will win every single swing district/state by a landslide

She is actually a good candidate for the district. IDF vet. Not a hardcore right winger. Pro choice. She is actually a registered dem. The problem is everyone in Nassau County knows Suozzi. He has been around forever. And he is known to not be a hardcore leftist. He was able to campaign and attack Philips while she was introducing herself and trying to get people to know who she is. All the ads kept painting her as a MAGA extremist who's going to help implement a federal abortion ban.

Also, to your point above, the dems use early voting and mail in much better. Much better. So when a snowstorm happens, of course she has no shot at all with all the early votes and mail ins going to Suozzi.

After a few months of getting her name out there and her points across, she will have a very good shot in November to flip it back.. Unless somehow Newsome is the candidate for the dems. Then they will win every single swing district/state by a landslide
Please explain how being a registered democrat makes her a viable republican candidate? She should be barred from being the party nominee on that basis alone.

The fact she’s an IDF vet makes her an even worse candidate.

Reactions: ugadoc
Please explain how being a registered democrat makes her a viable republican candidate? She should be barred from being the party nominee on that basis alone.

The fact she’s an IDF vet makes her an even worse candidate.
Because this is Long Island not rural Georgia. People here are pro Israel. People here are pro choice. We care about immigration, taxes, the economy etc. I don't give 2 shits what party someone is affiliated with, as with a lot of the people here, I care about their positions on those issues. Her views align with the Nassau Country GOP voters

Or actively malicious?

Based off results last night in Pennsylvania and New York it’s clear that the Georgia GOP committed ritualistic suicide by changing the absentee ballot law during Covid.

Regardless of what you think about mail in ballots, it is obvious that the dems have the infrastructure in place to take advantage of this process. And republicans don’t. This is a significant lack of foresight. Either build up your mail in ballot machine through the churches or change the law because there is quickly coming a time where you won’t be able to.

It makes no sense why you would hand your political enemies such a massive advantage unless you are an imbecile or actively malicious and hate your voter base.

Here’s hoping that the 2024 election destroys the modern GOP and actual opposition party can rise in its place.
Maybe if DJT hadn't railed against mail in and early voting for years, they wouldn't be such a disaster for the GOP.

And maybe Dems are winning elections because they are running better candidates with better campaigns and people are uncomfortable with a party that continues to focus on someone with the baggage of DJT as its leader.

Just a thought.

Maybe if DJT hadn't railed against mail in and early voting for years, they wouldn't be such a disaster for the GOP.

And maybe Dems are winning elections because they are running better candidates with better campaigns and people are uncomfortable with a party that continues to focus on someone with the baggage of DJT as its leader.

Just a thought.
Trump was correct to rail against mail in ballots. He then made the horrible decision to pass the CARES act.

He and every other leader in the republican party have since made the horrible decision to not take action in building a competing ballot harvesting machine or use their power at the state level to prohibit mail in voting.

I do not deny that Republicans routinely choose horrible candidates. It's almost impressive they routinely roll out worse candidates than the democrats, who routinely roll out horrible candidates.

Which leads me back to my question, is the Georgia GOP dump or actively malicious?

Or actively malicious?

Can’t hurt…

Reactions: OriginalGatorHator

Just a thought.
Much of your post maybe correct but Dems are not running better candidates in most cases (Fetterman was not better than Oz nor was Mastro better than Laxalt) but mail in voting without significant controls really makes it easier for 1 party.

Or actively malicious?

Yes it did cost the GOP 2 senators in Georgia in 2020 as well as a Trump victory in the Peach state but you do realize the absentee voting law was changed significantly in 2021 in Georgia which flipped the #’s by 50K to 125K per election. So Trump will beat Biden in Ga by 50,000 votes or more in 2024 and Kemp will beat the liberal Senator by 250,000 votes in 2026. The absentee verification law was a game changer in Georgia.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Much of your post maybe correct but Dems are not running better candidates in most cases (Fetterman was not better than Oz nor was Mastro better than Laxalt) but mail in voting without significant controls really makes it easier for 1 party.
I think the relative quality of the candidates is less of an issue than Trump is. Despite the ongoing efforts to whitewash what happened, J6 and what followed was a huge deal for many Americans and the GOP’s unwillingness to move on from Trump has and will continue to hurt them. Fail to support Trump and you lose the MAGAs, support Trump too strongly and lose the middle.

Last edited:
Or actively malicious?

I just applied for absentee ballot yesterday at my county voting office. It was a lot more complicated than two years ago. Also, I won't be able to drop the ballot off anytime like before. I have to mail it or bring it in when the office is open.

Reactions: DawgWCK
I think the relative quality of the candidates is less of an issue than Trump is. Despite the ongoing efforts to whitewash what happened, J6 and what followed was a huge deal for many Americans and the GOP’s unwillingness to move on from Trump has and will continue to hurt them. Fail to support Trump and you lose the MAGAs, support Trump too strongly and lose the middle.
I don’t disagree with this reasoning much at all. However, I’m not sure how much the J6 / Trump plays with independents and how much democrats absentee voting lack of strict verification plays in running up voting counts in states like PA. I don’t think either should be discounted and reason I think Biden wins by a hair in November with Pa and Michigan pushing Biden over the top with harvested ballots and independent votes being split.

Reactions: willdup
I just applied for absentee ballot yesterday at my county voting office. It was a lot more complicated than two years ago. Also, I won't be able to drop the ballot off anytime like before. I have to mail it or bring it in when the office is open.
Georgia resident correct? Big change from 2020. I think Fulton Co demos took full advantage of the lax absentee voting rules in 2020…..

Because this is Long Island not rural Georgia. People here are pro Israel. People here are pro choice. We care about immigration, taxes, the economy etc. I don't give 2 shits what party someone is affiliated with, as with a lot of the people here, I care about their positions on those issues. Her views align with the Nassau Country GOP voters
Unfortunately it’s hard not to go one way or the other…I’m one that goes lesser of the 2 evils in what policies they support. It’s daylight and dark between the 2 parties policies…at least the 10 that matter most to me. Fighting the 2 party system is basically a futile result. Generally speaking it’s one or the other. More $ and more votes for democrats in ny and Calif and that’s the ace in the hole for democrats. Considering the decline in our country on so many fronts and the social views nothing is changing anytime soon.

Reactions: cherrydawg

Newsome is a slime bag who has taken what should be one of the best places to live based on climate scenery etc and turned it into a 💩 hole. Tax payers will all leave and nothing will be left except the poor and illegals. If republicans can’t point out what he’s done to California that’s a problem. He’s a rich idiot who can’t stand to be out of view of a mirror to look at himself. Disgusting pos

Newsome is a slime bag who has taken what should be one of the best places to live based on climate scenery etc and turned it into a 💩 hole. Tax payers will all leave and nothing will be left except the poor and illegals. If republicans can’t point out what he’s done to California that’s a problem. He’s a rich idiot who can’t stand to be out of view of a mirror to look at himself. Disgusting pos
yeah, California is such a shithole man. stay away from there!

Lets hope so.

Just a thought.
Couldnt agree more. Until the RNC becomes Party focused and not Trump focused, we will continue to lose. The messaging from the Republicans sucks , esp on abortion.

Or actively malicious?

Perhaps you can explain to us what happened to Big Stacy

Or actively malicious?

I don't know about you I trust the mail on ballot system and never will

Or actively malicious?

Which rule change or law change are you talking about, specifically?

There were a number of changes adopted during Covid, some of them outside the law, that were specifically outlawed in the 2021 Election Act.

Or are you saying that the state Republican Party has simply failed to adapt its strategy to the new law?

Just a thought.
Dems are winning because the billionaires are pouring unlimited money into campaigns and they cheat. The ONLY way we get back trustworthy elections is vote in person unless you are physically or otherwise unable. Get rid of the unreliable voting machines. Run elections like Florida. And have an absolute MAXIMUM of two weeks of early voting. Count votes along the way and an announce the winner the night of election. As long as there are unlimited mail in votes we will Not have trustworthy elections and Dems will stuff boxes, pay poor voters for their ballot, dead people will vote. Dem motto is vote early and often.

Reactions: 3 Pete
Run elections like Florida.
Democrat fraud in Broward and Dade counties swung FL elections for decades before Scott and DeSantis cleaned it up. Fulton and DeKalb do that now for Georgia. Return to pre-pandemic election law. Purge Georgia voter rolls and throw out Stacey's illegal registrations.

Last edited:
Reactions: doerunn
Dems are winning because the billionaires are pouring unlimited money into campaigns and they cheat. The ONLY way we get back trustworthy elections is vote in person unless you are physically or otherwise unable. Get rid of the unreliable voting machines. Run elections like Florida. And have an absolute MAXIMUM of two weeks of early voting. Count votes along the way and an announce the winner the night of election. As long as there are unlimited mail in votes we will Not have trustworthy elections and Dems will stuff boxes, pay poor voters for their ballot, dead people will vote. Dem motto is vote early and often.
There are plenty of billionaires like the Kochs who pour money in to supporting candidates and causes on the right.

Dems are winning because you can’t win elections in this country without the middle, and republicans can’t appeal to the middle and appease Trump at the same time. Trump and his acolytes are why the GOP has underperformed every election since 2018, and it will continue in 2024.

Draconian abortion policy is also going to continue to hurt the GOP. A significant majority of the electorate does not agree with what republicans are trying to do, as the Kansas and Ohio abortion referendums proved irrefutably.

Missouri just blocked an effort to add an abortion ban exception for rape and incest, because every pregnancy is “God’s will, and God doesn’t make mistakes”. That is abhorrent to most voters, as it should be, and will lose you elections, as it should.

2022 should have been a wake up call, but it wasn’t. Maybe 2024 will be, but I doubt it. Y’all will just keep pointing fingers elsewhere when it’s your own damn fault.

Last edited:
Or actively malicious?

Why don't the repubs change their play book and instead of trying to win by obstructing access to voting they have better policies that help ordinary Americans and more people support. They can quit sucking up to Trump who probably sucks Putin and stand up for democracy and the rule of law. It would be a pleasant change and we might all could be happier and safer. Go dawgs. (I wish this site would quit sowing hate and division between MAGA repubicans and liberal democrats and we just all support our dawgs.)

Why don't the repubs change their play book and instead of trying to win by obstructing access to voting they have better policies that help ordinary Americans and more people support. They can quit sucking up to Trump who probably sucks Putin and stand up for democracy and the rule of law. It would be a pleasant change and we might all could be happier and safer. Go dawgs. (I wish this site would quit sowing hate and division between MAGA repubicans and liberal democrats and we just all support our dawgs.)
We do and it's the tie that binds us. But the chat is for rousing discussion that often involves politics. I don't think anyone actually hates each other here, although I will point out it's usually the liberal democrats who rush to accuse right wing posters of being members of a certain mid century german political party.

As to your post, pre supposing the left stands up for the rule of law is insane. Biden's administration is currently keeping political prisoners. Douglas Mackey, J6 defendants, and little old ladies who protested at an abortion clinic. It's used the FBI to target school board parents, and Obama's CIA spied on people associated with Trump in 2016. I could go on with political prosecution. Additionally, rioters post George Floyd have received tax payer settlement monies. They literally got paid to destroy property and kill. The left has also aggressively passed laws prohibit assigning bail. Criminals are quite literally just let back out on the street to continue terrorizing law abiding citizens. The reason why this happens is because the left wants these crimes to happen and the left takes care of its brown shirts. The Left does not care at all about the rule of law.

As for democracy, it's a horrible form of government, which is why our founding fathers (as well as every political thinker from ancient Greece until the 20th century) feared it. America was never intended to be a democracy and it shouldn't be. If we want to into more detail about why democracy is a horrible form of government and how the left has ignored democratic outcomes over the last 60 years I will be happy to.

I am curious though what voter restrictions do you find proper?

If you want people to all get along, maybe you don't slide a couple of insults into your post and show a little respect for opinions different from your own. Start with the man in the mirror, as they say.

More winning strategies from the GOP.

This is interesting in terms of how a message changes with repetition and gets farther and farther from the actual case.

In the Tweet, Chris Evans, who is not involved in any way other than posting clickbait, says "Republicans in Oklahoma to create state database of women who had abortions."

The actual headline on the article says "New Oklahoma bill COULD allow state to create database of women who had abortions." (emphasis added)

The first sentence in the article below this headline says "A Democratic lawmaker expressed concerns Wednesday that a GOP-sponsored anti-abortion bill could create a state database of women who have undergone the procedure and ban emergency contraception." (emphasis added)

As we go, the conclusion gets farther and farther from truth. It is only at the end of the article that we find that the sponsor of the bill said "he is willing to tweak the bill so the health department is able to collect some information on procedures but not “track” specific individuals."

The over riding federal law is not even stated in the article. No state law can do what Evans says, thanks to HIPAA. There is no way around it, no matter what Chris Evans wants to think and later tries to explain HIPAA away.

The truth is there is no list, and no such list incorporated into the bill, and would not be legal within the bill.

Last edited:
This is interesting in terms of how a message changes with repetition and gets farther and farther from the actual case.

In the Tweet, Chris Evans, who is not involved in any way other than posting clickbait, says "Republicans in Oklahoma to create state database of women who had abortions."

The actual headline on the article says "New Oklahoma bill COULD allow state to create database of women who had abortions." (emphasis added)

The first sentence in the article below this headline says "A Democratic lawmaker expressed concerns Wednesday that a GOP-sponsored anti-abortion bill could create a state database of women who have undergone the procedure and ban emergency contraception." (emphasis added)

As we go, the conclusion gets farther and farther from truth. It is only at the end of the article that we find that the sponsor of the bill said "he is willing to tweak the bill so the health department is able to collect some information on procedures but not “track” specific individuals."

The over riding federal law is not even stated in the article. No state law can do what Evans says, thanks to HIPAA. There is no way around it, no matter what Chris Evans wants to think and later tries to explain HIPAA away.

The truth is there is no list, and no such list incorporated into the bill, and would not be legal within the bill.
The tweet definitely has a deceptive headline. You are 100% correct.

It could have been titled “Oklahoma GOP continue with efforts pass most restrictive abortion laws in the country”, but that clearly wouldn’t get the same reaction.

Oklahoma bans abortion in the event of rape or incest, and they seem to now be going after some forms of birth control. There is concern that the current proposed legislation could lead to a database of those who have had abortions, but that is far from a done deal. Oklahoma is attempting to add more felony charges for anyone who assists a person seeking an abortion.

The Oklahoma GOP is pursuing laws that are deeply unpopular with the broader electorate and even conservative states, such as Kansas and Ohio have shown a desire to reject outright abortion bans. So, I did post a deceptive and overstated headline, but I will stand by my point that the GOP’s pursuit of absolute, no-exception abortion bans is going to have a very significant impact on how their candidates perform in 2024.

Reactions: celticdawg
The tweet definitely has a deceptive headline. You are 100% correct.

It could have been titled “Oklahoma GOP continue with efforts pass most restrictive abortion laws in the country”, but that clearly wouldn’t get the same reaction.

Oklahoma bans abortion in the event of rape or incest, and they seem to now be going after some forms of birth control. There is concern that the current proposed legislation could lead to a database of those who have had abortions, but that is far from a done deal. Oklahoma is attempting to add more felony charges for anyone who assists a person seeking an abortion.

The Oklahoma GOP is pursuing laws that are deeply unpopular with the broader electorate and even conservative states, such as Kansas and Ohio have shown a desire to reject outright abortion bans. So, I did post a deceptive and overstated headline, but I will stand by my point that the GOP’s pursuit of absolute, no-exception abortion bans is going to have a very significant impact on how their candidates perform in 2024.
For reasons described in my previous post, I still didn't buy what the article said. I went to the actual bill, which is the House version of a state bill which has come out of committee but has not yet been put to a vote.

The bill is 10 pages, with the first 4 covering definitions and general terms. The "New Law" part of the bill starts on page 5.

Without going into each item, these are the terms that appeared relevant:

1. Bans the "morning after" pill, whether prescribed or sold OTC.

2. Preserves the right to an abortion prior to viability of the fetus, where there in an ectopic pregnancy, threatens the life of the mother, is necessary to save the life of the baby, or to remove a miscarriage. The bill requires only reasonable efforts to save the life of such a fetus who is alive after separation, but not where those efforts would only delay imminent death, where the risks outweigh the benefits, or are not medically necessary.

3. Requires a form to be filed after each legal abortion summarizing the case, including the patient identifier, the date, gestational age of the fetus at the time, the diagnosis and procedure, and signature of the physician (all of which would normally be in the patient's chart). This is the part that the sponsor offered to modify to further exclude patient identity.

4. Says the state health department will create the form and the numbering convention for the patient identifier. Also specifies: "Unless required by a court order, the Department shall not release personally identifiable patient or physician information obtained under this act."

5. "Nothing in this act may be construed to prohibit the use, sale, prescription, or administration of a contraceptive measure, drug, chemical, or device" so long as it isn't intended to induce an abortion (morning after pill, etc.) after conception. Also, medical errors that cause harm to the fetus are not considered abortions.

6. Physicians who violate the law are subject to loss or suspension of their license under existing statute. Also stipulates that "No civil penalty may be assessed against a pregnant woman" in these cases.

7. Three more sections address procedural requirements for cases brought under the proposed statute.

The bill does not allow for abortion on demand.

Last edited:
For reasons described in my previous post, I still didn't buy what the article said. I went to the actual bill, which is the House version of a state bill which has come out of committee but has not yet been put to a vote.

The bill is 10 pages, with the first 4 covering definitions and general terms. The "New Law" part of the bill starts on page 5.

Without going into each item, these are the terms that appeared relevant:

1. Bans the "morning after" pill, whether prescribed or sold OTC.

2. Preserves the right to an abortion prior to viability of the fetus, where there in an ectopic pregnancy, threatens the life of the mother, is necessary to save the life of the baby, or to remove a miscarriage. The bill requires only reasonable efforts to save the life of such a fetus who is alive after separation, but not where those efforts would only delay imminent death, where the risks outweigh the benefits, or are not medically necessary.

3. Requires a form to be filed after each legal abortion summarizing the case, including the patient identifier, the date, gestational age of the fetus at the time, the diagnosis and procedure, and signature of the physician (all of which would normally be in the patient's chart). This is the part that the sponsor offered to modify to further exclude patient identity.

4. Says the state health department will create the form and the numbering convention for the patient identifier. Also specifies: "Unless required by a court order, the Department shall not release personally identifiable patient or physician information obtained under this act."

5. "Nothing in this act may be construed to prohibit the use, sale, prescription, or administration of a contraceptive measure, drug, chemical, or device" so long as it isn't intended to induce an abortion (morning after pill, etc.) after conception. Also, medical errors that cause harm to the fetus are not considered abortions.

6. Physicians who violate the law are subject to loss or suspension of their license under existing statute. Also stipulates that "No civil penalty may be assessed against a pregnant woman" in these cases.

7. Three more sections address procedural requirements for cases brought under the proposed statute.

The bill does not allow for abortion on demand.
My larger point stands that the GOP is aggressively pursuing abortion laws that are unpopular and will hurt them at the ballot box.

OK bans abortion in the case of rape or incest. This is not a popular position.

Despite promises to the contrary, I would not trust a group that is enacting unpopular laws under the justification of their deeply held religious views, to utilize a database of those who have had abortions in a benign manner.

It’s also fair to assume that a morning after pill, currently available without a prescription, is a first step regarding birth control. The idea that any form of birth control is a sin is well established amongst some anti-abortion advocates.

And finally, last week the Alabama Supreme Court determined that the frozen embryos created as part of the process of undergoing IVF are now to be legally considered children. This is obviously problematic for anyone involved with any aspect of IFV in the state of Alabama.

These efforts represent a minority working to legislate their morals and religious views on the majority and they will continue to hurt the GOP in 2024 and beyond.

Last edited:

dims have started data bases of trump supporters, people that purchase Bibles etc. So what is your point. As always, you only care if it something pubs do, You never see anything wrong with the left.

As far as the abortion issue. It is sad that the main issue for "so many" is the so called right to kill innocent babies. What does that say about the moral decline of our country. When you dims cry mothers body, how can you give no thought to the body of the one being killed. The left conveniently forgets the other side of everything. I guess if the unborn had the right to vote the left would be all for protecting them.

I do not agree with those that say every pregnancy is Gods will. It absolutely is not. God created us as free moral agents. People do horrible things to each other. Rape, incest, etc. Sins in Gods eyes. Sins that will be punished. It is a horrible situation for someone to suffer these things and then to add a pregnancy is very difficult. However, the result of sin does not give us the right or give us "permission" to take another innocent life. The devil wins in both cases.

How can dims say on one hand if I punch my pregnant wife or girlfriend in the stomach and kill the baby I am guilty of murder, yet say that aborting a baby by "choice" is just a "choice"? You can try to justify this hypocrisy, but there is no true justification other than you and other abortion supporters think yourselves smarter than God. Good Luck.

Also, why do dims always bring up the what about rape and incest argument, IU don't ever hear dims say lets just have abortion in these cases. Dims just want the right to kill babies any time they "choose". Why not just be honest and say what you really think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT