PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Not his race
Not his nationality
Not his political ideology
Not his religion

If a man harms someone, THE man harmed someone…… his race didn’t do it. His nationality didn’t do it. His political ideology didn’t do it. His religion didn’t do it.

The man did it. The man should be dealt with independent of those characteristics, basing innocence or guilt solely on what he did. Punishment should be based on what was done.

It really isn’t that hard.

You steal from someone, you should be placed in jail for a set amount of time comparable to the crime and required to reimburse the person you stole from.

You injure someone with malice, you should be placed in jail for a pre determined amount of time and required to pay for the injuries

You murder someone, you should be removed from the earth. You murder, you forfeit your life

It should be that simple.

Not his race
Not his nationality
Not his religion

If a man harms someone, THE man harmed someone…… his race didn’t do it. His nationality didn’t do it. His political ideology didn’t do it. His religion didn’t do it.

The man did it. The man should be dealt with independent of those characteristics, basing innocence or guilt solely on what he did. Punishment should be based on what was done.

You steal from someone, you should be placed in jail for a set amount of time comparable to the crime and required to reimburse the person you stole from.

You injure someone with malice, you should be placed in jail for a pre determined amount of time and required to pay for the injuries

You murder someone, you should be removed from the earth. You murder, you forfeit your life

Yes, none of those traits did it, except his religion could be the motivator to hurt people. Muslims are indoctrinated from childhood in the rightness of killing non-believers in their god if they refuse to convert. So I think it’s fair to say religion can be the driving force behind some terrible acts.

And culture can be a driving force in causing harm. Many cultures hold that women must submit, leading to rapes. It’s happening in Sweden courtesy of the North African goat herders whom the Swedes invited in. The Central and South American cultures don’t discourage that behavior nearly to the extent we do.

But, I agree, when they are in this country they should be treated in accordance with the mores of our culture’s and religion’s senses of acceptable behavior. But we won’t do that. We’ll handle them with kid gloves, 10 strikes and you get a demerit. Democrats will not be mean to their new visitors and future voters.

Yes, none of those traits did it, except his religion could be the motivator to hurt people. Muslims are indoctrinated from childhood in the rightness of killing non-believers in their god if they refuse to convert. So I think it’s fair to say religion can be the driving force behind some terrible acts.

And culture can be a driving force in causing harm. Many cultures hold that women must submit, leading to rapes. It’s happening in Sweden courtesy of the North African goat herders whom the Swedes invited in. The Central and South American cultures don’t discourage that behavior nearly to the extent we do.

But, I agree, when they are in this country they should be treated in accordance with the mores of our culture’s and religion’s senses of acceptable behavior. But we won’t do that. We’ll handle them with kid gloves, 10 strikes and you get a demerit. Democrats will not be mean to their new visitors and future voters.
Yeah, but the “motivator” part is so overplayed in this fragile world we live in.

Yeah, but the “motivator” part is so overplayed in this fragile world we live in.
You’re so right and regardless of motivator, and, as you said, the man is responsible, not the religion, not the culture, only him. I think public opinion on crime is heading to a boiling point.

You'd be dead wrong on "Muslims". It's "SOME" Muslims depending on SECT.

Traveled extensively in Pakistan w/my GF then, including the NW ,tribal area to see the Khyber Pass (read ALL the Kipling books). Had no problem anywhere, except being "taxed" for the visit to the pass (as expected) .

Spent 5 wks in Indonesia, __the largest Muslim Country in the world__, traveling/diving w/a female companion. Visited 9 islands . Bali , Lombok, etc and had NOTHING even threatening happen. To the contrary ,we found the vast majority were very helpful , warm and welcoming (SOME cities excepted ,especially in Java, and they stole from any/EVERY one if allowed).
Blanket descriptions/judgements of ANY/EVERY religion or country is extremely shortsighted and patently WRONG.

Last edited:
Not his race
Not his nationality
Not his religion

Sad to say it never will be,

Traveled extensively in Pakistan w/my GF then, including the NW ,tribal area to see the Khyber Pass (read ALL the Kipling books). Had no problem anywhere, except being "taxed" for the visit to the pass (as expected) .

Spent 5 wks in Indonesia, __the largest Muslim Country in the world__, traveling/diving w/a female companion. Visited 9 islands . Bali , Lombok, etc and had NOTHING even threatening happen. To the contrary ,we found the vast majority were very helpful , warm and welcoming (SOME cities excepted ,especially in Java, and they stole from any/EVERY one if allowed).
Blanket descriptions/judgements of ANY/EVERY religion or country is extremely shortsighted and patently and WRONG.
I spent ten years in the Middle East and North Africa. My territory consisted of 15 to 20 Muslim countries at any time. I also had Sub Saharan Muslim countries. My territory rotated among 25 to 30 Muslim countries. Since you’re an expert on Muslims after visiting two countries with your girlfriend, what is the book all Muslims are taught from childhood? What does that book teach them about all other religions? What does that book tell them to do to any non-believer who refuses to convert?

If you think two vacation hippy trips can make you an expert in a culture, you’re as naive as the day you and your girlfriend went sightseeing and bought some goat herder clothes.

And I hope you saw the arms bazaar at Darra while in Khyber and didnt spend all your time meditating on a rock.

And learn to read: “So I think it’s fair to say religion CAN be the driving force behind some terrible acts.” “And culture CAN be a driving force in causing harm.”

And if you’d like to discuss the various Muslim sects, which you seem to be expert on as well, I’m ready when you are.

Last edited:

Blanket descriptions/judgements of ANY/EVERY religion or country is extremely shortsighted and patently WRONG.
I spent ten years in the Middle East and North Africa. My territory consisted of 15 to 20 Muslim countries at any time. I also had Sub Saharan Muslim countries. My territory rotated among 25 to 30 Muslim countries. Since you’re an expert on Muslims after visiting two countries with your girlfriend, what is the book all Muslims are taught from childhood? What does that book teach them about all other religions? What does that book tell them to do to any non-believer who refuses to convert?

If you think two vacation hippy trips can make you an expert in a culture, you’re as naive as the day you and your girlfriend went sightseeing and bought some goat herder clothes.

And I hope you saw the arms bazaar at Darra while in Khyber and didnt spend all your time meditating on a rock.

And learn to read: “So I think it’s fair to say religion CAN be the driving force behind some terrible acts.” “And culture CAN be a driving force in causing harm.”

And if you’d like to discuss the various Muslim sects, which you seem to be expert on as well, I’m ready when you are.
now that’s how you rebut

And the Man makes his decisions. And the Man decides who he is going to follow, listen to, support.

When a man murders someone, it is on him.

Or we can talk about middle eastern cultures and religions.
I think this is a bit reductionist. Our culture and judiciary and juries have some history of excusing those of murder they deem are suffering from temporary or more permanent insanity. For example the man who snaps and kills his daughter’s rapist and murderer. So, the murder in that instance is not entirely on the man but is excusable and blamed on his mental state. You might argue that his mental state is him, so the murder is still on him, which is judgmental, and our country many times does not punish those with well-established mental illness.

And a man with actually starving children who shoplifts food should be put in jail? Your contention would imply that. I’m not so sure, but would hate to see it happen. Good men hit hard times and I’m unsure blame for the theft is “on the man.”

And I am sorry for creating a diversion in your thread.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT