ADVERTISEMENT

The respose to immigration is insane.

poorpreacher

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003
We don't have any idea who is coming in, or where they are going. We don't know their background or history. We are releasing people into the country, providing free transportation, housing, and food. Some of these illegals are on the wrong side of the law, from Day 1. They are arrested multiple times, and released.

It's bad enough to arrive illegally. But when you flaunt the law, after your arrival, I have zero patience.

Immigration is out of control.

My plan to get things under control.

1.Announce that, for now, we are not accepting immigrants, period.

2. Send the military to the border. Make an announcement that people are not to cross, and any attempt to do so, will be considered an invasion.

3. Announce we have authorized troops to shoot invaders.

Obviously this is not possible, but my point is.....what we are doing is crazy. Our country needs to toughen up on illegal immigration. Nobody is above the law, right?

We don't have any idea who is coming in, or where they are going. We don't know their background or history. We are releasing people into the country, providing free transportation, housing, and food. Some of these illegals are on the wrong side of the law, from Day 1. They are arrested multiple times, and released.

It's bad enough to arrive illegally. But when you flaunt the law, after your arrival, I have zero patience.

2. Send the military to the border. Make an announcement that people are not to cross, and any attempt to do so, will be considered an invasion.

Obviously this is not possible, but my point is.....what we are doing is crazy. Our country needs to toughen up on illegal immigration. Nobody is above the law, right?
We let these people go free in our country knowing there is like a five year back log on these immigration cases. I mean at the worst, they know they can come here for five or six years and that is if we can locate them again or they show up for their case. It is pretty insane at this point.

Remember that a few weeks ago the Republicans in the Senate got Democratic support and passed a good bill. Trump got the House to not vote on it. Maybe he has a better plan but he won't be President for another 11 months. The border is still a mess.

You say it isn't possible, but some warmer version of it absolutely is possible. The idea that we don't have the resources or man power to really beef things up and make it tough to get into the country is ridiculous. The problem is that Biden's goal here is to thread the needle politically. Ideally, that would have meant some kind of toothless legislation he could point to and say "see I am committed to the border." The problem isn't necessarily that he "wants" millions of illegals in the country. The problem is that his left-leaning base does, and generally views any tightening of actual enforcement down there as insensitive and counter to their beliefs. Utlimately, he wants sound-bites to satisfy the middle of the country, with actual policy that satisfies the left-leaning base.

Legislation would have solved this for him politically. It kind of passes the buck to congress and placates his base that they got something in return for it. The issue he has now is that he has to effectively become Trump in order to fix it. Executive orders that effectively reverse what he did when he "De-Trumped" the border. To any republican who talks shit about us not signing the border bill, this is why the whole thing was well played.

Remember that a few weeks ago the Republicans in the Senate got Democratic support and passed a good bill. Trump got the House to not vote on it. Maybe he has a better plan but he won't be President for another 11 months. The border is still a mess.
Did the bill make it an impeachable offense for the POTUS (O and Biden) to sue states to force them to stop enforcing immigration laws? Did the bill make it an impeachable offense for a POTUS to dispatch personnel to remove razor wire installed by states on the border to reduce the flow of illegals? Did the bill make it an impeachable offense for a judge to knowingly rule against a sitting POTUS's authority to control immigration policy?

We don't need new laws. We've been passing laws for 50 yrs. We only need to enforce existing laws and hold the pols that don't enforce those laws accountable.

Remember a year ago the House passes a good bill and sent it to the Senate? Yeah, and Chuck U hasn't let it see the light of day.

LOL the house sent a border bill to the senate in June HR2. No hearings on the bill but you want a bs senate bill and ignore the house bill.

1. Would destroy our economy. Talk about brain drain.
2. The militarization of homeland is a damn slippery slope into autocracy.
3. You would need a declaration of war and without those people being an armed threat and at least some of them being women and children, probably not a great idea.

If this problem were easy it would be solved. What we aren’t going to do is pretend we don’t live in an international and interdependent world. We need a real guest worker program that allows people to work here legally on a short leash if for no other reason but to help us actually have a system of knowing who is here. We cannot employ enough immigration personnel to track the people without papers as it is. This is so much like the drug war.

It will take the collective will of the country's voters to enact any lasting change. It has to include massive changes in the swamp politics, where elected/appointed leaders are acting against the country's best interest.

The entire Obiden presidency has been captured by the globalists who want to see American weakened. Their supporters are sick with a mind virus on this issue. What they are letting happen to our country is both insane and impeachable.

Seriously, Clark????!

Yeah, those Venezuelan laborers and dishwasher are invaluable. Educated illegals are not coming here through the Darien gap.

Meanwhile, the ones that try to come here legally are turned away - these are the ones with skills we need. Unless you want more guys hanging out at the Chevron, waiting for a pickup to take them to a job site.

You are absolutely correct.

However, Trump was already president for four years and didn’t do much to stop it. Same with Bush, same with Reagan.

I don’t have any hope that any republicans will actually stop it.

And democrats encourage it.

Did the bill make it an impeachable offense for the POTUS (O and Biden) to sue states to force them to stop enforcing immigration laws? Did the bill make it an impeachable offense for a POTUS to dispatch personnel to remove razor wire installed by states on the border to reduce the flow of illegals? Did the bill make it an impeachable offense for a judge to knowingly rule against a sitting POTUS's authority to control immigration policy?

We don't need new laws. We've been passing laws for 50 yrs. We only need to enforce existing laws and hold the pols that don't enforce those laws accountable.
I can't find any info on the existing laws people keep talking about. Do you have a link to that info?

3. You would need a declaration of war and without those people being an armed threat and at least some of them being women and children, probably not a great idea.

If this problem were easy it would be solved. What we aren’t going to do is pretend we don’t live in an international and interdependent world. We need a real guest worker program that allows people to work here legally on a short leash if for no other reason but to help us actually have a system of knowing who is here. We cannot employ enough immigration personnel to track the people without papers as it is. This is so much like the drug war.

1. Ridiculous statement
2. What do you do, when your country is invaded?
3. So be it.

The problem may not be solved, as I said. But things could be, and have been better.

Destroy our economy????? Did you think that through, before you posted? Or are you just parroting Democrat talking points?

Do you really think that stopping the flood of illegal immigrants will destroy the economy of the United States of America?

Have you considered all the money that is currently being spent on this issue?

C'mon man.

Last edited:
.....not to mention the fact that the existing laws on the books have worked generally fine for 250 years. But for some unknown reason, we are tripling the amount of illegals released into the US in just the last three years. Interesting, especially given the fanfare that occurred right at the beginning of the Biden presidency when he reversed Trump's immigration-based exec orders - the very definition of something that could be reversed without a new law. Essentially dis-proving the theory that he can't do anything without Congress.

Please explain to us in as many details as you know, how this bill would be good for stabilizing our border and how the final amount of cost is appropriate to what it would accomplish.

The bill would not end illegal aliens entering this country! It would have allowed them to continue to flood across our border. It would have also given billions more to Ukraine. The Dems WANT as many ILLEGAL ALIENS to enter this nation as possible. We are paying for it in more ways than financially

Last edited:
Does anyone from either ideological side, left or right, really think this will get solved in today’s political climate? No Dem or Rep prez has done anything meaningful on this in my lifetime. It’s all hype to either “build the wall” or “tear down the fascist razor wire” that just panders to their base. Put this in the same category as any other major issue. Until such time exists where a politician has the motivation to represent their constituents (all of them) and find solutions (a secret - requires compromise) it’s all just talk and posturing. And in the meantime, well meaning people who are just trying to make a better life for their family and vicious criminals who mean to rape and pillage our country, are treated the same. And no politician seems to give a damn about the innocent people affected by their decisions in either case. We need political reform. Everything else is just pandering and posturing, and we can just watch the antics from both sides in AOC and MTG to see how much that really solves.

Does anyone from either ideological side, left or right, really think this will get solved in today’s political climate? No Dem or Rep prez has done anything meaningful on this in my lifetime. It’s all hype to either “build the wall” or “tear down the fascist razor wire” that just panders to their base. Put this in the same category as any other major issue. Until such time exists where a politician has the motivation to represent their constituents (all of them) and find solutions (a secret - requires compromise) it’s all just talk and posturing. And in the meantime, well meaning people who are just trying to make a better life for their family and vicious criminals who mean to rape and pillage our country, are treated the same. And no politician seems to give a damn about the innocent people affected by their decisions in either case. We need political reform. Everything else is just pandering and posturing, and we can just watch the antics from both sides in AOC and MTG to see how much that really solves.
What's there to solve? People are coming into our country illegally. Enforce our laws, and stop it. Nothing to solve, just action to take.

There are some that have the fortitude to hit the problem square in the face, but they are drastically outnumbered. This problem, as most our nation faces, is the result of government. Too big, too centralized, too powerful. They ignore their own laws.

As soon as the libs realize they are wrong the problems will be solved!

THIS! All 3 of our last Presidents have tried some kind of reform on their own and it hasn't been successful over time. All 3 of them have had their policies tied up in the court system and have gone back and forth which in turn leads to zero consistency with immigration which in turn leads to chaos. Congress hasn't done what it needs to do to pass reform.

What's there to solve? People are coming into our country illegally. Enforce our laws, and stop it. Nothing to solve, just action to take.
Laws? Since when does that matter any longer? Most things happen by a series of executive orders that flips every 4 or 8 years. Or, different interpretations of already settled law by newly appointed political judges (yes, both sides). When is the last time the Congress passed a real budget or people went to their congressperson for support instead of a lawyer funded by a special interest group to get a favorable ruling? Your simple solution ignores the reality of how government works today. Or, perhaps you drive 55 in a 55 and should run for president. Easiest job ever just enforcing laws like BAM! Done!

Laws? Since when does that matter any longer? Most things happen by a series of executive orders that flips every 4 or 8 years. Or, different interpretations of already settled law by newly appointed political judges (yes, both sides). When is the last time the Congress passed a real budget or people went to their congressperson for support instead of a lawyer funded by a special interest group to get a favorable ruling? Your simple solution ignores the reality of how government works today. Or, perhaps you drive 55 in a 55 and should run for president. Easiest job ever just enforcing laws like BAM! Done!
Yep, it's that simple. Enforce the law. Bam! DONE!

You are absolutely correct.

However, Trump was already president for four years and didn’t do much to stop it. Same with Bush, same with Reagan.

I don’t have any hope that any republicans will actually stop it.

And democrats encourage it.
some fax for you.... under Trump a lot of miles of the wall were rebuilt, and some new was built and work was being done to build more. Under biden, he quickly got rid of stray in mexico and stopped construction on the wall. This is the big one. 3x more border crossings under biden than trump. Now tell us, which one do you want on the border biden or trump?

That says you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.
I just call it based on facts! No more , no less! The Dems have been the problem for at least 50 years. Social engineering, class warfare, killing fetuses, grooming children, dumbing down the populace and stealing our hard earned wages. Just a few items.

I just call it based on facts! No more , no less! The Dems have been the problem for at least 50 years. Social engineering, class warfare, killing fetuses, grooming children, dumbing down the populace and stealing our hard earned wages. Just a few items.
So you are reinforcing you are part of the problem. This thread is about immigration and the post you responded to was basically about immigration and why nothing gets done so WTF does killing fetuses have to do with it.

That's why the last bill proposed should have been passed.
Was it perfect, heck no.
With congress (and the country) being so divided, both sides compromised more than they have in decades on this issue.
If Trump wins, he can do some things by EO that may or may not get tied up in the courts, but the dems will never give as much as they did on this last bill again....especially with Trump.
With divided government, you have to take the best you can get.
I wish the border was completely closed, but that's not going to happen.
In reality, neither side really wants this issue solved. Both sides use it as political talking points to thier base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT