ADVERTISEMENT

From the CNN story on Laken Riley murder

Why the need to politicize this woman’s death?
Because if the border were protected and Ibarra had not crossed, or if he had been deported when arrested in NY, Laken Riley would be alive today. Is that not enough for you? Do you have a daughter? The man that murdered this young lady came into the country illegally and was allowed to do so by the current administration and then allowed to stay here even after being apprehended. If that doesn't make your blood boil you have no empathy.
JC

Because if the border were protected and Ibarra had not crossed, or if he had been deported when arrested in NY, Laken Riley would be alive today. Is that not enough for you? Do you have a daughter? The man that murdered this young lady came into the country illegally and was allowed to do so by the current administration and then allowed to stay here even after being apprehended. If that doesn't make your blood boil you have no empathy.
JC
Yes I do and hate for the family their daughter will now be a political tool over the next year. What an invasion of privacy. Let the family mourn in peace.

Yes I do and hate for the family their daughter will now be a political tool over the next year. What an invasion of privacy. Let the family mourn in peace.
I appreciate your opinion. But your thoughts on this are like saying the death of a man at the hands of the KKK should not be an indictment on the philosophy of the KKK. We should just mourn the poor family that lost their son/husband/etc. and not focus on the group that caused his death.
This could have been avoided. It was preventable. It's a straightforward cause/effect.
If this is not worthy of being politicized I don't know what is.
Being quiet about a situation like this is never the answer to solving the problem. In fact, it's how the problem becomes repetitive (which we have seen).
Sorry @Boom MFer Dawg - I'm sure you are a good guy and we could enjoy a beer together. But I just strongly disagree.
JC

I appreciate your opinion. But your thoughts on this are like saying the death of a man at the hands of the KKK should not be an indictment on the philosophy of the KKK. We should just mourn the poor family that lost their son/husband/etc. and not focus on the group that caused his death.
This could have been avoided. It was preventable. It's a straightforward cause/effect.
If this is not worthy of being politicized I don't know what is.
Being quiet about a situation like this is never the answer to solving the problem. In fact, it's how the problem becomes repetitive (which we have seen).
Sorry @Boom MFer Dawg - I'm sure you are a good guy and we could enjoy a beer together. But I just strongly disagree.
JC
So where are all your posts about the kids killed in school shootings? Talk about avoidable! You guys are politicizing this because it fits your political agenda!

So where are all your posts about the kids killed in school shootings? Talk about avoidable! You guys are politicizing this because it fits your political agenda!
Well the big difference is if the illegal was not in this country, she would not be murdered. If the dims/trans did not own guns, we could cut down on the school shootings.

Why are you politicizing school shootings? Shouldn't we let their parents grieve in peace? No action is necessary. (completely in my best sarcasm font).
It's a whole seperate set of challenges. The only common denomenator is murder. But one is completely preventable by enforcing laws currently on the books. The other has multiple factors at work including psychological implications, family upbringing, etc.
We can discuss school shootings. But lets not confuse two events that have very few commonalities.
This is my last post on the subject. Best to you Boom and have a great weekend.
JC

No need to politicize this, but the reason she was murdered is on the hands of biden and his destructive policy of illegal immigration. That animal that killed her is here, due to such policies. Hopefully it is not too late to save our country by deporting all the illegal aliens that came across our border. It is costing us a fortune as well.
Deporting will not cost nearly as much as keeping them here.

Reactions: stray
Why are you politicizing school shootings? Shouldn't we let their parents grieve in peace? No action is necessary. (completely in my best sarcasm font).
It's a whole seperate set of challenges. The only common denomenator is murder. But one is completely preventable by enforcing laws currently on the books. The other has multiple factors at work including psychological implications, family upbringing, etc.
We can discuss school shootings. But lets not confuse two events that have very few commonalities.
This is my last post on the subject. Best to you Boom and have a great weekend.
JC
great post

"Former President Donald Trump also referenced Ibarra in a social media post Monday as he pushed for his hardline immigration and border policies. In recent rallies, Trump has been arguing there is a new kind of crime called “migrant crime” and has vowed to conduct a large-scale deportation of undocumented migrants in the US should he win the 2024 election. But many researchers have found no such connection between immigration and crime levels, with some finding immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than people born in the US."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/26/us/uga-campus-killing-augusta-university-student-tuesday/index.html

Who are the "many researchers" in question here? Where, when and how did they study the connection between immigration and crime?

Shouldn't a professional writer cite a source, before making this type of claim? "Many researchers"....smh
Coming across the border without going through the checkpoints is in itself a crime…so they commit crimes at high rates

Well undocumented illegals are probably harder to locate and prosecute as well.

Genuinely curious....Was title 42 not in effect when he crossed the border (October 2022 alleged crossing; title 42 expired March 2023; it was the basis of HR2 passed in May 2023)? If so, sounds like we have an issue internally between state and local law enforcement that no border bill would immediately solve.

The border issue spans multiple administrations and neither party will get off their butt to fix it because if that problem is solved, what will they fundraise on? Nothing...

Georgians who are pissed off about this should be calling their reps and senators and begging them to pass a border bill ASAP. Flood their phones and voicemails and inboxes. Screaming into the void does nothing...

Genuinely curious....Was title 42 not in effect when he crossed the border (October 2022 alleged crossing; title 42 expired March 2023; it was the basis of HR2 passed in May 2023)? If so, sounds like we have an issue internally between state and local law enforcement that no border bill would immediately solve.

The border issue spans multiple administrations and neither party will get off their butt to fix it because if that problem is solved, what will they fundraise on? Nothing...

Georgians who are pissed off about this should be calling their reps and senators and begging them to pass a border bill ASAP. Flood their phones and voicemails and inboxes. Screaming into the void does nothing...
We're working on it.

It's also important to note that in Athens only the Clarke County Sheriff's Office has immediate access to immigration status, and the Sheriff does not cooperate with ICE. UGAPD and ACCPD don't have any way to find out if someone is in the country illegally when they encounter them. That has to change, which is what this bill will hopefully do.

We're working on it.

It's also important to note that in Athens only the Clarke County Sheriff's Office has immediate access to immigration status, and the Sheriff does not cooperate with ICE. UGAPD and ACCPD don't have any way to find out if someone is in the country illegally when they encounter them. That has to change, which is what this bill will hopefully do.
Sounds like the internal issues are being addressed. That's comforting. I have never understood the firewall that is created between law enforcement agencies. Similar issues led to events like the OKC bombing and 9/11. All avoidable if you ask me.

I have zero faith anything gets done at the federal level. That place is a mess...

Really, I don't think it matters, if a border bill is passed or not. I think there are certain politicians will ignore the law, if it doesn't suit their ideology.

Really, I don't think it matters, if a border bill is passed or not. I think there are certain politicians will ignore the law, if it doesn't suit their ideology.

To your point, Title 8 US Code Subsection 1182 (Excludable Aliens) is on the books right now. No lines, no waiting.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I am taking a masters class currently at UGA and the discussion of illegal immigration came up. Every student (except me) and my professor said it was in poor taste to talk about illegal immigration and that it is because of capitalism that they are here anyway. ** MIND BLOWN**
Bunch of dumb down Biden idiots.

Last edited:
That is such BS. Biden basically begged these illegals to come here! Biden is no more likely to detain them than I am to wear orange and blue clothes! You can cite any media sources that kiss up th the Dems, but common sense tells you that is complete utter BS.
Magical data. Just appears. Right when the polls are tearing Biden apart about the border.

That is such BS. Biden basically begged these illegals to come here! Biden is no more likely to detain them than I am to wear orange and blue clothes! You can cite any media sources that kiss up to the Dems, but common sense tells you that is complete utter BS.
Do yourself a favor and read more than Fox News. The Cato Institute who provided the previously posted data is a general libertarian think tank. The numbers are what the numbers are....Don't believe or do believe I couldn't care less but don't come across as ignorant just because the numbers say something different than what you believe

Magical data. Just appears. Right when the polls are tearing Biden apart about the border.
Repeat and recycle:
Do yourself a favor and read more than Fox News. The Cato Institute who provided the previously posted data is a general libertarian think tank. The numbers are what the numbers are....Don't believe or do believe I couldn't care less but don't come across as ignorant just because the numbers say something different than what you believe

Repeat and recycle:
Don't need to read any news site. Facts are facts:

1) Joe Biden celebrated the reversal of dozens of border enforcement related executive policies as soon as he came into office - bringing policy much more in line with undisputed democrat policy regarding "undocumented newcomers". Making good on campaign promises you can find on video, particularly in his primary race against fellow "like-minded" democrats on border policy. This is a fact - totally not in dispute.

2) Since that time, illegal border crossings have tripled. Fact. Not in dispute. Which is why they can't hide from the issue, and all the sudden they have to find a scapegoat.

Trying to square these two facts with the idea that somehow it was more likely for any illegal, criminal or otherwise, to be released into the Country when Trump was President is completely illogical.

You can argue things like border bills, whether or not Trump is an asshole dangerous to the Country, whether or not all of these liberal DA's are good or bad for the Country, whatever. Subjective stuff. You cannot argue this my friend. Border was clearly more secure under Trump, and the facts make that clear. You can generally find all of these same facts on CNN and MSNBC. Not in dispute. I guess you can just say it is a coincidence that border crossings have tripled. I doubt anyone with a brain would buy into that argument, but you could say it.

I don't know what to tell you , if you can not see the current events unfolding and see who was encouraging illegals to flood our border, and Who tried to STOP illegals from flooding our border. You do not need a new article to show you how that works.

Reactions: Georgia Jim
Repeat and recycle:
Typical lib response. More libs actually watch Fox News than they do cnn. They made Tucker Carlson who he is. I don’t need to watch Fox News to know that is complete political bullshit. Keep your ignorance to yourself if you are still voting for the brain dead. And still pretending he isn’t.

Cato is a flat liberal organization that has liberal views on immigration. Shocking. You would only get your data from one place. The damn place is located in dc. All I need to know.

In the meantime they don’t mention, the current dipshit in charge has admitted to having illegals flown in to keep the numbers reported down. And you really believe the man who built the wall will be more likely to release them into our country. The polling is prison raping your guy at the border. So a lib organization comes out with yes. Magical data that is full is shit. Sorry.

A quick google states they follow the lines of classic liberalism. The vp David boaz literally echoed that they are libertarians who are classic liberals. And you complain about Fox News.

Last edited:
Typical lib response. More libs actually watch Fox News than they do cnn. They made Tucker Carlson who he is. I don’t need to watch Fox News to know that is complete political bullshit. Keep your ignorance to yourself if you are still voting for the brain dead. And still pretending he isn’t.

Cato is a flat liberal organization that has liberal views on immigration. Shocking. You would only get your data from one place. The damn place is located in dc. All I need to know.

In the meantime they don’t mention, the current dipshit in charge has admitted to having illegals flown in to keep the numbers reported down. And you really believe the man who built the wall will be more likely to release them into our country. The polling is prison raping your guy at the border. So a lib organization comes out with yes. Magical data that is full is shit. Sorry.

A quick google states they follow the lines of classic liberalism. The vp David boaz literally echoed that they are libertarians who are classic liberals. And you complain about Fox News.
Even with all our post of classic “Logic and truth” , he will not see it for what it is!

Reactions: zingerdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT