ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Active shooter at Appalachee High School

Prayers for all. I just do not get it. Why would anyone want to shoot up a damn school????

If you're looking for logic or some coherent thinking that makes sense in a situation like this you can just keep on moving. None of us will ever be able to understand the mindset of someone who goes looking to kill random people.

Jesus, this is horrible. It’s so sad that schools are now a target. We never thought of anything like this happening when I grew up and now kids have to do active shooter drills so they can be somewhat prepared. Ridiculous

Jesus, this is horrible. It’s so sad that schools are now a target. We never thought of anything like this happening when I grew up and now kids have to do active shooter drills so they can be somewhat prepared. Ridiculous
So sad. And all students are living with it in the back of their minds that it could happen to them on any day.

Being reported that the students are being sent home as of 11:30. Appears the shooter has been "handled" (not sure what that means but the police feel the school is now safe)

Do not believe any reports of injuries of casualties at this time as many things are being said with no substantial proof so far.

ETA: So far the only accurate info we have is 2 people life flighted to local hospitals.

Just a friendly PSA. My kids have these in their book bags everyday.

Backpack Insert

God that’s horrible and makes me sick to my stomach.

Home school was the best decision we have ever made, and when my wife suggested it I’d be lying if I said the fear of this didn’t play into my approval of it.

I texted my wife after I heard about this and thanked her again for homeschooling our son.

I would not post any reports of fatalities or injuries in this thread. It's almost certainly inaccurate and there's 100% likelihood we have Apalachee HS folks on this board.

To be clear, absolutely nothing has been "confirmed." Never will understand the race to share bad news by some.

Last edited:
My daughter’s college roommate is a teacher there. She and my daughter just got back from Disney on Monday visiting their other roommate. She was shot at we have heard.

My friend’s son goes to school there. Was texting his dad during the whole thing. Freaking terrifying.

Being reported that the students are being sent home as of 11:30. Appears the shooter has been "handled" (not sure what that means but the police feel the school is now safe)

Do not believe any reports of injuries of casualties at this time as many things are being said with no substantial proof so far.

ETA: So far the only accurate info we have is 2 people life flighted to local hospitals.
People are dead and severely injured. From a nurse at one of the hospitals.

Praying for everyone involved in this terrible and sad situation.

My wife is a teacher, she never thinks about it. Not sure how true all students are living with that in their mind.
My wife is a teacher & she thinks about it occasionally (once every month or so). I'd bet a lot of teachers worry about it & play whatiff scenarios in their mind which is good (and truth be told, when my daughter is in school in a few years, I want my teachers thinking about active shooter scenarioes too). Same with a lot of kids.

I'm not a teacher but I think about it far more often than my wife does for her safety & I also have that thought in my mind when we're at crowded events, fairs, games, street events, etc even at church.

I'm not gonna paint with a broad brush & say my wife's thoughts are the thoughts of all teachers but I'd bet a lot of faculty & students worry about it from time to time

Last edited:
My wife is a teacher, she never thinks about it. Not sure how true all students are living with that in their mind.
Mine is a principal and fears it everyday. She is constantly having to remind teachers to keep windows and doors locked. If they allow administrators to carry she will sign up. I’ve been working with her in the meantime. Our son is at her school and I can tell you that if mama bear has a gun she will use it when needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT