ADVERTISEMENT

adequate amount of protein every day

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
AAT7Usw.img

Eating an adequate amount of protein every day is the optimal way to reach your weight loss goals, while simultaneously feeling full and satisfied. “Protein rich foods can help prevent overeating as well by filling you with a macronutrient that digests more slowly, which will keep you feeling full for longer post-meal,” registered dietitian Trista Best explains.

Eating an adequate amount of protein every day is the optimal way to reach your weight loss goals, while simultaneously feeling full and satisfied. “Protein rich foods can help prevent overeating as well by filling you with a macronutrient that digests more slowly, which will keep you feeling full for longer post-meal,” registered dietitian Trista Best explains. One of three main macronutrients (or macros) that the body needs to function properly, protein should be prioritized in nearly every meal from breakfast on, health experts say–especially if you’re looking to build muscle and lose fat. “If you’re looking to build muscle while losing fat, focusing on high protein yet lower calorie foods can help you achieve your goals,” naturopath and general family practitioner Dr. Yelena Deshko tells us “My top choices would be wild salmon, organic free range chicken breast, free-range eggs and lentils”

AAT7Pr0.img
Lean red meat, such as sirloin "Red meat often gets a bum rap for its association with heart disease and cancer, but a few decades of research suggests this reputation is undeserved," Matthews tells us. "In reality, lean cuts of red meat, such as beef sirloin, pork loin, and 90% lean ground venison are excellent sources of essential amino acids and packed with nutrients like B vitamins, iron, and zinc that are important for maintaining optimal health." They’re also highly satiating, which means they’re harder to overeat than many other foods, he explains.

AAT7Usy.img
Skyr, Greek yogurt, quark, or low-fat cottage cheese "All forms of low-fat dairy are high in essential amino acids, which are the 'building blocks' of muscle tissue," fitness and nutrition expert Michael Matthews tells us. "They also contain large amounts of a particular kind of protein called casein, which digests slowly and helps you stay full longer." Dairy products like Greek yogurt and low-fat cheeses are also one of the best sources of calcium, which the body needs to metabolize fat, he explains. And that's not to mention how delicious these foods taste when combined with " filling, nutritious, low-fat additions like berries, bananas, and oatmeal." "My personal favorite is skyr (Icelandic yogurt), which is made with slightly different cultures than Greek yogurt, giving it a creamier, tangier texture, but all kinds of low-fat fermented dairy will offer similar benefits for fat loss and muscle gain," he says. Yum! "Greek yogurt is low in carbs and high in protein. In most cases, my clients have a hard time looking to increase their protein intake into their snacks, and Greek yogurt is an excellent way to achieve that,” registered dietitian Brenda Peralta agrees. “One cup a day provides around 15-20g of protein which is more than enough for a snack.”

I eat what I want, I just don't make a pig of myself and try to limit stuff that I know is bad for me. I exercise regularly. No problems, works great. I have not reason to believe it is any more complicated than that.

Reactions: Whosyodawgy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT