ADVERTISEMENT

American Journal Of Medicine just published a COVID treatment update

NO, it was published in the same American Journal of Medicine in August. This is not its first appearance in this journal. Below is a link to the Table of Contents for this particular Edition. Note that there are several other review articles for various things. They publish review articles for all sorts of reasons. Some were popular and highly read, some had novel, ground breaking research, others just generated lots of discussion.

https://www.amjmed.com/issue/S0002-9343(20)X0013-1

Also, this article is absolutely NOT a study showing the HCQ works. HCQ was not studied for this article. It was not reasearched. There were no blind studies with placebos or anything like that. This is just an article that shows what they believe to be a good algorithm for how to treat covid patients and they mention many different medications. They didnt conduct a study of all of these medications just for this paper. Obviously, the lead author of the study believes at least somewhat in HCQ, but he sources the data on it from other, even older previous studies. Again, HCQ was not actually studied for this article.

It should also be pointed out that this article is in a peer reviewed journal. There are indeed doctors who have been touting HCQ and continue to do so. These are some of those doctors. They are respected in their field and their research respected. But that doesnt mean they cant be in the minority opinion. This doesnt mean that their article cant be reviewed. If we only published acticles that were supported by the majority there were never be much scientific debate. But likewise there are plenty of other highly respected medical researchers, more so in fact, that don't believe in HCQ and have also published.
See, now that a thorough and fair explanation. It's not as much fun as making jokes but I respect it. Thank you. Some doctors says it helps some say it doesn't. I think what most people have a problem with is the demonetization of doctors who see a benefit from using it. Debate is good as you mentioned and more debate is always better than less.

Reactions: BeachDawg
OK, now you're just being silly. There are no studies that say HCQ will kill you. So why would they point that out? There are however well know side effects, though minimal, that can lead to death. Even THIS ARTICLE mentions that. What the majority of studies did show was that there was no significant benefit of taking HCQ. So the reasoning was, if there is a slight side effect that could cause death, and if there is no benefit to taking HCQ for Covid, then there is no reason for it to be approved. That is what the FDA concluded and rescinded the authorization.

You do realize that when Trump got sick, even he did not take HCQ. He had taken it earlier in the year. But when he actually got sick, he was given the other more proven, and in one case, completely experimental drugs. But none of them were HCQ. Obviously, even he stopped believing in it when the chips were on the table.
Yes I realize all of that but you don't seem to be aware that people did say people would die from taking HCQ. Well, at least one moron did.

Frankly, I don't care when it was published. The fact that they are still running it is telling to me. I don't think they would publish BS.

Its not BS... I'm certainly not trying to convince you of that. In fact, I said the opposite. Peter McCullough is the Vice Chairman of Medicine at Baylor University, He's a respected and well published medical researcher. But again, that doesnt mean that all of his opinions are always shared by everyone. The fact that it was reviewed doesn't mean that the Journal is somehow touting his opinion. Medical Journals dont work like that. There are also undoubtedly review articles of studies that say HCQ does NOT work by equally respected researchers.

Again, as I said from the very beginning. This is not new research. And if you go up to the top of this page you will see people falling over themselves in anger because they thought what had happened was that a NEW study was now being released in JANUARY of this years showing that HCQ is now good to use. That is NOT what happened. My only point to you and anyone else is that this is simply an old article that is being reviewed. Its not a new study.

Yes I realize all of that but you don't seem to be aware that people did say people would die from taking HCQ. Well, at least one moron did.

Well, I cant defend things that are published in the media. Obviously they sensationalize for their own benefit when it suits them.

Reactions: landycane
Its not BS... I'm certainly not trying to convince you of that. In fact, I said the opposite. Peter McCullough is the Vice Chairman of Medicine at Baylor University, He's a respected and well published medical researcher. But again, that doesnt mean that all of his opinions are always shared by everyone. The fact that it was reviewed doesn't mean that the Journal is somehow touting his opinion. Medical Journals dont work like that. There are also undoubtedly review articles of studies that say HCQ does NOT work by equally respected researchers.

Again, as I said from the very beginning. This is not new research. And if you go up to the top of this page you will see people falling over themselves in anger because they thought what had happened was that a NEW study was now being released in JANUARY of this years showing that HCQ is now good to use. That is NOT what happened. My only point to you and anyone else is that this is simply an old article that is being reviewed. Its not a new study.
What does it matter if it's new or not? It's published in a respected journal. And it disputes the false narrative that's been out there all year about how dangerous HCQ is and how it's going to kill people. Those that promoted it were villified and ridiculed. Even people here are trying to act like it's not really a big thing. But it is. If it was widely accepted early and not laughed at and dismissed, thousands of lives could have been saved. That's not a little thing and trying to make it so because Trump, is disgusting.

What does it matter if it's new or not? It's published in a respected journal. And it disputes the false narrative that's been out there all year about how dangerous HCQ is and how it's going to kill people. Those that promoted it were villified and ridiculed. Even people here are trying to act like it's not really a big thing. But it is. If it was widely accepted early and not laughed at and dismissed, thousands of lives could have been saved. That's not a little thing and trying to make it so because Trump, is disgusting.

tell it.
I play my hand regularly.
why not the rest!?
I've two spades, a heart, three clubs and a diamond...
they don't add up to much.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg

It was never widely accepted. The review only cites other studies that at best indicated HCQ needed clinical trials before being recommended. Among like the 3-4 articles on HCQ in the article, one citation was a study that outright stated HCQ was not effective and should not be used.

More research has been published including early trials and you would be shocked to know their conclusion is that HCQ is not effective

You choose to ignore mountains of evidence against HCQ in favor of one 6 month old article that cites a couple inconclusive studies

Obviously you’re blinded by Trump and don’t actually read these articles

It was never widely accepted. The review only cites other studies that at best indicated HCQ needed clinical trials before being recommended. Among like the 3-4 articles on HCQ in the article, one citation was a study that outright stated HCQ was not effective and should not be used.

More research has been published including early trials and you would be shocked to know their conclusion is that HCQ is not effective

You choose to ignore mountains of evidence against HCQ in favor of one 6 month old article that cites a couple inconclusive studies

The articles I've seen are testing it in conjunction with zinc and Azythromicine early enough in the infection.

Not being open to trying these methods of treatment is equally as idiotic as not taking the vaccine to me.

Saying thousands of lives could be saved from HCQ is a stretch.

Saying thousands of lives could be saved from HCQ is a stretch.

I don't think that is a stretch at all. How do you explain a doctor like my dad's doctor that only sees old people, that uses HXQ or ivermectin, not have any fatalities in a pandemic? Coincidental? It's possible I guess but I doubt it. As I said, I still haven't seen research disproving HXQ when used with Zpack and zinc and used early in the infection.

Not being open to trying these methods of treatment is equally as idiotic as not taking the vaccine to me.

I am of course open to any medical treatment that passes our standards. For that reason you won’t see me criticize vaccines developed under Operation Warp Speed that demonstrate proper levels of efficacy and meet our medical standards.

The problem is HCQ has failed to demonstrate benefits in clinical trials so far. Many trials on HCQ’s efficacy have been so bad that they’ve halted mid-trial.

Here are some trials and summaries of them if you’d like to discuss some results. Feel free to post any clinical trials showing positive results from HCQ to treat COVID.

I am of course open to any medical treatment that passes our standards. For that reason you won’t see me criticize vaccines developed under Operation Warp Speed that demonstrate proper levels of efficacy and meet our medical standards.

The problem is HCQ has failed to demonstrate benefits in clinical trials so far. Many trials on HCQ’s efficacy have been so bad that they’ve halted mid-trial.

Here are some trials and summaries of them if you’d like to discuss some results. Feel free to post any clinical trials showing positive results from HCQ to treat COVID.

Again, none of those at a quick glance are used with two other drugs needed for the anecdotal success or early enough to make a difference.. This has nothing to do with Trump promoting it. I know exactly two doctors using it that haven't lost any patients. I know alot of doctors not using it that have lost alot of people. I'd take my chances with it in a New York minute if I was in a tough spot with the virus.

You're blinded by TDS. There is no mountain of evidence saying it's dangerous and going to kill you, which has been the talking points by Dems and the media all of last year. Its used by India which has a death rate of 108 per million. Which is ten times less than the US. So how can defend it being denied to people in the US that could have been successfully treated by it's use? Why was it denied to doctors? Give us a good reason for you defending that practice.

You didn't even read your own research. The first one was from before the american journal article. The last one cited research from as far back as 2013. And almost all talked about using HCQ after hospitalization. So obviously you didn't read the journal because it calls for it's use as early intervention not as a late treatment. I'm certainly glad you're not my doctor. A friend of mine just had covid and was treated successfully with HCQ, but his doctor had a hard time getting it because of the negative lies being spread around.

You didn't even read your own research. The first one was from before the american journal article. The last one cited research from as far back as 2013. And almost all talked about using HCQ after hospitalization. So obviously you didn't read the journal because it calls for it's use as early intervention not as a late treatment. I'm certainly glad you're not my doctor. A friend of mine just had covid and was treated successfully with HCQ, but his doctor had a hard time getting it because of the negative lies being spread around.

Lol it’s like we are reading different articles. Wild.

I’ll let you guys live in your fantasy land where HCQ has demonstrated clinical efficacy alongside the proven voter fraud.

I’ll let you guys live in your fantasy land where HCQ has demonstrated clinical efficacy alongside the proven voter fraud.
Show me where it's been proven HVQ along with Zinc used early is not effective. You can't. Just make sure you never take it and if a doctor actually tries and prescribe It for you, fire him.

You are continuing to politicize this by throwing in your voter fraud comment. YOU are a big part of the problem in this country. Not a political party but you.

What does it matter??? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone..... You yourself literally started this thread by saying with the title....
American Journal Of Medicine just published a COVID treatment update

And that literally did not happen. They didn't "just" publish it. They published it 6 months ago. It's also not an "update". Its the same EXACT article that was published 6 months ago. There is no update.

So basically what you're asking me is what does it matter if what you posted was 100% absolutely false?? Well, I guess it doesn't matter really. I've read worse on here and the world keeps going right on around every day, strange as that may seem.

Reactions: RawDawg18
Frankly, I don't care when it was published. The fact that they are still running it is telling to me. I don't think they would publish BS.

I don't think they would publish BS but I do think treatment views have evolved quite a bit since August and best that I know there still is no "gold standard" but since some have a political motive here I will post something more recent that addresses the unmentionable malarial drug.

For those who don't want to read it all, conclusion is as follows.

The story of HCQ clinical trials has been influenced strongly, by political endorsements, media scrutiny with a political agenda, and a lack of rigorous scientific debate.31 Widespread anxieties have been fueled by results being retracted in a scientific arena where information has become overtly politicized. Although we hope medicine can be apolitical, the trajectory of media interest in HCQ and its promotion by politicians has dramatically affected the funding, conduct, and interpretation of clinical trials.17 It is almost always the case that research priorities in medicine are determined through a combination of financial, political, and social factors; what is distinctive in this case is that both research priorities and research findings have been swayed by these elements.

Emerging evidence suggests that the scientific and political story of HCQ has been one of a rise and fall—initial enthusiasm and scientific signals supported by low-quality evidence, followed by subsequent disappointment and lack of statistical effects as more rigorous evaluations are reported.

I don't think they would publish BS but I do think treatment views have evolved quite a bit since August and best that I know there still is no "gold standard" but since some have a political motive here I will post something more recent that addresses the unmentionable malarial drug.

For those who don't want to read it all, conclusion is as follows.

The story of HCQ clinical trials has been influenced strongly, by political endorsements, media scrutiny with a political agenda, and a lack of rigorous scientific debate.31 Widespread anxieties have been fueled by results being retracted in a scientific arena where information has become overtly politicized. Although we hope medicine can be apolitical, the trajectory of media interest in HCQ and its promotion by politicians has dramatically affected the funding, conduct, and interpretation of clinical trials.17 It is almost always the case that research priorities in medicine are determined through a combination of financial, political, and social factors; what is distinctive in this case is that both research priorities and research findings have been swayed by these elements.

Emerging evidence suggests that the scientific and political story of HCQ has been one of a rise and fall—initial enthusiasm and scientific signals supported by low-quality evidence, followed by subsequent disappointment and lack of statistical effects as more rigorous evaluations are reported.

Everyone seems to miss the main point. It is not being studied with the two other drugs needed for success. Take politics out and they still aren't testing the right thing. I don't know what else to say other than to talk to doctors that use it. They aren't having patients die. That isn't political.

You are continuing to politicize this by throwing in your voter fraud comment. YOU are a big part of the problem in this country. Not a political party but you.

Others in this thread already started the “you don’t believe it because of Trump” line

Get out of here with your bs

I posted multiples journals and orgs discussing clinical trials that were failed and you guys hardly even bothered to attempt a coherent response. And that’s after spending numerous posts disputing the date of publication. You have posted nothing validating clinical efficacy of HCQ.

Others in this thread already started the “you don’t believe it because of Trump” line

Get out of here with your bs

Other's aren't me so leave me out your broad, politically targetting BS. Like I said until people like you STFU, this country will never unify.

You are making enemies with people for reason other to be anti Trump. He's not our president anymore. Move TF on.

Other's aren't me so leave me out your broad, politically targetting BS. Like I said until people like you STFU, this country will never unify.

You are making enemies with people for reason other to be anti Trump. He's not our president anymore. Move TF on.

If you are so blindly anti-science as to make the claims as you make here, I’m happy to make an enemy of you. I do have a reason for telling you that you’re wrong. It’s called a total lack of clinical data supporting HCQ.

Trump’s own administration ultimately said that HCQ wasn’t effective

I just hope more people don’t die because of this craziness

If you are so blindly anti-science as to make the claims as you make here, I’m happy to make an enemy of you. I do have a reason for telling you that you’re wrong. It’s called a total lack of clinical data supporting HCQ.

Trump’s own administration ultimately said that HCQ wasn’t effective

I just hope more people don’t die because of this craziness

Please block me and I will also the same.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
I went thru the treatments. All of them. This is not what happened to me exactly. I asked about hcq. I was told if caught early there have been success stories with hcq. It is not how they treated me and I was on a vent’s doorstep. I couldn’t have been closer to death. The drug right now that is saving people’s lives is remdesivir. They gave that to trump. Trump took hcq, because it was also known to possibly lessen symptoms. Not proven, but that is what I was told. FWIW. They gave me two antibiotics. I know one was a zpac. I can’t remember the other one. They also gave me vitamin d. I did 5 days of remdesivir. Quite certain it saved my life. After coming off this, I was given lasik to get rid of the fluid on my lungs. From that point on, day7 or so, all I did was get better and stronger quickly. I am sure other hospitals may do things differently. Just wanted to share. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
On Jan 01, 2021 Look closely at the treatment chart. If this doesn't piss you off, nothing will.

Its been obvious from the beginning. Not sure why the libs fought it so hard other than to make trump look bad. They would target Americans die before Tump received any sort of positive marks. That and I’m sure Buffet, Gates or someone had money at stake

I went thru the treatments. All of them. This is not what happened to me exactly. I asked about hcq. I was told of caught early there have been success stories with hcq. It is not how they treated me and I was on a vent’s doorstep. I couldn’t have been closer to death. The drug right now that is saving people’s lives is remdesivir. They gave that to trump. Trump took hcq, because it was also known to possibly lessen symptoms. Not proven, but that is what I was told. FWIW. They gave me two antibiotics. I know one was a zpac. I can’t remember the other one. They also gave me vitamin d. I did 5 days of remdesivir. Quite certain it saved my life. After coming off this, I was given lasik to get rid of the fluid on my lungs. From that point on, day7 or so, all I did was get better and stronger quickly. I am sure other hospitals may do things differently. Just wanted to share. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Yes pretty sure the earlier the better with HXQ, ZINC and ZPAC. Ivermectin also may be promising.

Silvercreek, one thing that should be noted since you bring up Trump and are obviously a strong Trump supporter and you seem to have a high opinion of HCQ based on Trump's praise of it. When Trump actually got Covid he chose NOT to take HCQ. He took other proven treatments and the one experimental drug that I still don't think is on the market yet for the General Public. (remember he took HCQ earlier in the year, but not when he actually got covid.)

So think about that. The man who pushed HCQ so hard actually opted for the same old proven treatments that everyone else takes AND a totally unproven experimental drug over HCQ. That should tell you a lot.

I'm not bashing HCQ. I've even pointed out in this very thread that there are some well respected doctors that continue to speak out for HCQ. Maybe in time they will be proven right. But as of now they are a very small minority. There are just many more other well respected doctors that think otherwise.

Tempers just got raised in this thread because the OP that started it, did so under the false pretense that some new positive news regarding HCQ has come out. And I can understand some of you got worked up because it appeared at first glance it was true. But it just simply wasn't. The article was an old one. There is no update. There are no new positive studies. The overwhelming scientific consensus is still that there is no significant benefit to using HCQ. Yes, there is still a small minority of respected doctors that feel otherwise. But that can literally be said about most any drug that has made it to market only to be pulled eventually.

WHY DO THEY CARE SO MUCH??? Why is it just this one treatment they go batshit insane over? Why don’t they worry about what they would take if infected and not about the rest of us? I took HCQ every day for 10 years. A lot of the rest of the world has taken it far longer. WHY ARE THEY SO WORRIED ABOUT IT??? I think they fear Trump so much they can not stand the thought he might have been right. Why else would they go so crazy over a treatment of choice?

Silvercreek, one thing that should be noted since you bring up Trump and are obviously a strong Trump supporter and you seem to have a high opinion of HCQ based on Trump's praise of it. When Trump actually got Covid he chose NOT to take HCQ. He took other proven treatments and the one experimental drug that I still don't think is on the market yet for the General Public. (remember he took HCQ earlier in the year, but not when he actually got covid.)

So think about that. The man who pushed HCQ so hard actually opted for the same old proven treatments that everyone else takes AND a totally unproven experimental drug over HCQ. That should tell you a lot.

I'm not bashing HCQ. I've even pointed out in this very thread that there are some well respected doctors that continue to speak out for HCQ. Maybe in time they will be proven right. But as of now they are a very small minority. There are just many more other well respected doctors that think otherwise.

Tempers just got raised in this thread because the OP that started it, did so under the false pretense that some new positive news regarding HCQ has come out. And I can understand some of you got worked up because it appeared at first glance it was true. But it just simply wasn't. The article was an old one. There is no update. There are no new positive studies. The overwhelming scientific consensus is still that there is no significant benefit to using HCQ. Yes, there is still a small minority of respected doctors that feel otherwise. But that can literally be said about most any drug that has made it to market only to be pulled eventually.
So you think I'm the reason people are upset? Of that's the case I apologize for printing an article from a reputable source that shows that HCQ and Zinc was a sound treatment for covid. I actually looked at the article and it had 1 Jan 2021. I didn't know it was an older study. However, why does an older study matter? That's the first time I've seen it. And I read a lot. Why has it not received major news coverage? I did post it because it is now getting some coverage and you can link it. If you're upset because I posted it and not the substance of the study, well I'm sorry you feel that way. But I believe it's something we should see and if you choose not to believe it fine. That's your choice. By the way, it's only 4 months old.

WHY DO THEY CARE SO MUCH??? Why is it just this one treatment they go batshit insane over? Why don’t they worry about what they would take if infected and not about the rest of us? I took HCQ every day for 10 years. A lot of the rest of the world has taken it far longer. WHY ARE THEY SO WORRIED ABOUT IT??? I think they fear Trump so much they can not stand the thought he might have been right. Why else would they go so crazy over a treatment of choice?

Eh, you know that the reason it gets so much attention is because our President went out and touted it everyday. But don't forget that same Trump guy chose NOT to take HCQ when he actually got covid.

So you think I'm the reason people are upset? Of that's the case I apologize for printing an article from a reputable source that shows that HCQ and Zinc was a sound treatment for covid. I actually looked at the article and it had 1 Jan 2021. I didn't know it was an older study. However, why does an older study matter? That's the first time I've seen it. And I read a lot. Why has it not received major news coverage? I did post it because it is now getting some coverage and you can link it. If you're upset because I posted it and not the substance of the study, well I'm sorry you feel that way. But I believe it's something we should see and if you choose not to believe it fine. That's your choice

Because this review has no clinical data validating HCQ’s efficacy while other clinical studies have shown the opposite

Eh, you know that the reason it gets so much attention is because our President went out and touted it everyday. But don't forget that same Trump guy chose NOT to take HCQ when he actually got covid.
His staff of doctors treated him and prescribed his treatment and he did what they said. So what.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT