ADVERTISEMENT

American Journal Of Medicine just published a COVID treatment update

Silvercreek, one thing that should be noted since you bring up Trump and are obviously a strong Trump supporter and you seem to have a high opinion of HCQ based on Trump's praise of it. When Trump actually got Covid he chose NOT to take HCQ. He took other proven treatments and the one experimental drug that I still don't think is on the market yet for the General Public. (remember he took HCQ earlier in the year, but not when he actually got covid.)

So think about that. The man who pushed HCQ so hard actually opted for the same old proven treatments that everyone else takes AND a totally unproven experimental drug over HCQ. That should tell you a lot.

I'm not bashing HCQ. I've even pointed out in this very thread that there are some well respected doctors that continue to speak out for HCQ. Maybe in time they will be proven right. But as of now they are a very small minority. There are just many more other well respected doctors that think otherwise.

Tempers just got raised in this thread because the OP that started it, did so under the false pretense that some new positive news regarding HCQ has come out. And I can understand some of you got worked up because it appeared at first glance it was true. But it just simply wasn't. The article was an old one. There is no update. There are no new positive studies. The overwhelming scientific consensus is still that there is no significant benefit to using HCQ. Yes, there is still a small minority of respected doctors that feel otherwise. But that can literally be said about most any drug that has made it to market only to be pulled eventually.

I didn't bring up Trump. He did and he automatically jumped to a conclusion that I think there was voter fraud because I am pro HXQ. I voted for Trunp but I am for people not dying. I don't support HXQ because Trunp liked it. Go back and look at my posts in this thread please. No where did I say anything about Trump until that dude alluded to us still believing there was voter fraud.

Please though, look back at my posts and you will see why I believe in it. It literally has nothing to do with Trump. You jumped to the same conclusion because I was pissed about being about being called a believer in the voter fraud. He can't run around bashing everyone about voter fraud just because they disagree with him. Like I said. The problem with this country is not a party, it's instigators like him that will not let crap go and throw accusations into the wrong people's face. I voted for Trump. He didn't win....I moved on.....but don't throw me into the "crazy group" just because I agree with the use of a medicine that can save people's lives.

Last edited:
So you think I'm the reason people are upset? Of that's the case I apologize for printing an article from a reputable source that shows that HCQ and Zinc was a sound treatment for covid. I actually looked at the article and it had 1 Jan 2021. I didn't know it was an older study. However, why does an older study matter? That's the first time I've seen it. And I read a lot. Why has it not received major news coverage? I did post it because it is now getting some coverage and you can link it. If you're upset because I posted it and not the substance of the study, well I'm sorry you feel that way. But I believe it's something we should see and if you choose not to believe it fine. That's your choice. By the way, it's only 4 months old.

You have heard of it if but probably didn't realize it. You might not have actually read the study, but over the last year when you heard that there is a study that suggests HCQ is beneficial, this was one of the main studies people and the media were referring to. When you heard that there were reputable doctors that believed in the benefits of HCQ, it was these doctors that were often being referred to. Especially lead author, Peter McCullough, the vice Chair of Medicine at Baylor. You might not have realized it, but it was out there and talked about often.

It was published on August 6, 2020. In less than 2 weeks on February 6, it will be 6 months old.

I didn't bring up Trump. He did and he automatically jumped to a conclusion that I think there was voter fraud because I am pro HXQ. I voted for Trunp but I am for people not dying. I don't support HXQ because Trunp liked it. Go back and look at my posts in this thread please. No where did I say anything about Trump until that dude alluded to us still believing there was voter fraud.

My apologies if I misinterpreted that.

You have heard of it if but probably didn't realize it. You might not have actually read the study, but over the last year when you heard that there is a study that suggests HCQ is beneficial, this was one of the main studies people and the media were referring to. When you heard that there were reputable doctors that believed in the benefits of HCQ, it was these doctors that were often being referred to. Especially lead author, Peter McCullough, the vice Chair of Medicine at Baylor. You might not have realized it, but it was out there and talked about often.

It was published on August 6, 2020. In less than 2 weeks on February 6, it will be 6 months old.
Well that makes a big difference doesn't it. I was talking about the approximate time from the study till 1 Jan. Which was the date in question.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Exactly, and if somebody’s doctor says we are going to follow the American Journal of Medicine guidance from 3 weeks ago, why in the ****ing hell DO THEY CARE SO MUCH???

Just for clarification. The American Journal of Medicine does not give "guidance" on anything. Thats not what Medical Journals do (pr any research journal for that matter). They have also printed articles with studies showing that there was no benefit to HCQ.

By the way, you keep asking why people care so much. Why do you care so much? You're right here discussing with everyone else instead of doing something more fulfilling like watching M.A.S.H. reruns.

Just for clarification. The American Journal of Medicine does not give "guidance" on anything. Thats not what Medical Journals do (pr any research journal for that matter). They have also printed articles with studies showing that there was no benefit to HCQ.

By the way, you keep asking why people care so much. Why do you care so much? You're right here discussing with everyone else instead of doing something more fulfilling like watching M.A.S.H. reruns.
i would not care one whit if your doctor prescribed fresh dog rockets for your Covid. Why do you care what mine might prescribe? Could it be Trump fear?

Well that makes a big difference doesn't it. I was talking about the approximate time from the study till 1 Jan. Which was the date in question.

??? You started this thread today, Jan 25th, and said there was a story that was just published on Jan 1, 2021. I said it wasn't just published. It was published 6 months ago. You responded to me and literally said "By the way, it's only 4 months old". I just copied and pasted that quote from your post. Can you please explain the math behind that?

i would not care one whit if your doctor prescribed fresh dog rockets for your Covid. Why do you care what mine might prescribe? Could it be Trump fear?

Maybe you have me confused with someone else. I havent said once in this thread that I care if someone prescribes you HCQ. Eat it like candy for all I care. I really havent even bashed HCQ other than to say that the current scientific consensus is that there is no benefit from taking HCQ. Which is true. However I have also pointed out that there are some well respected doctors that feel differently and believe in HCQ. What exactly in my stance are you taking issue with?

I still stand by my original thinking that it is a big deal for this article to be published (no matter when), and even re-ran. The point of them running it is for doctors to read their literature. The aren't going to run junk that suggests intravenously taking bleach for covid. Doctors read this material and it does affect their treatment plans....This is big deal.

Maybe you have me confused with someone else. I havent said once in this thread that I care if someone prescribes you HCQ. Eat it like candy for all I care. I really havent even bashed HCQ other than to say that the current scientific consensus is that there is no benefit from taking HCQ. Which is true. However I have also pointed out that there are some well respected doctors that feel differently and believe in HCQ. What exactly in my stance are you taking issue with?
It is easy to confuse you with VH since you two always argue in lockstep. Thank you for OKing my taking HCQ should my doctor prescribe it. It just seems weird that people seem to go apeshit over the mention of only this treatment and are spring-loaded to post studies refuting its efficacy. I just find it peculiar and suspicious it’s only this one treatment out of dozens of mentioned anecdotal treatments. And what is unique about this possibly effective treatment?.......It was mentioned in a press conference by Trump.

??? You started this thread today, Jan 25th, and said there was a story that was just published on Jan 1, 2021. I said it wasn't just published. It was published 6 months ago. You responded to me and literally said "By the way, it's only 4 months old". I just copied and pasted that quote from your post. Can you please explain the math behind that?
Look, your math is fine. The Bottom line is you choose not to beleive the AJM. I don't care. My purpose in posting this is to show that a legitimate org believes that the early use if HCQ and Zinc is effective. I don't care if you don't believe that. And it's not about you it's about keeping doctors from prescribing a treatment that works because of politics. That should never be the case. Medicine is not political. But it became that way.and we all know the reason.

Every word I wrote is true.

giphy.gif

Look, your math is fine. The Bottom line is you choose not to beleive the AJM. I don't care. My purpose in posting this is to show that a legitimate org believes that the early use if HCQ and Zinc is effective. I don't care if you don't believe that. And it's not about you it's about keeping doctors from prescribing a treatment that works because of politics. That should never be the case. Medicine is not political. But it became that way.and we all know the reason.

How did you come to the conclusion that I don't believe the AJM? You guys seem not to understand what a medical journal is. The American Journal of Medicine does not take a position on the research articles other than to say this article has been peer reviewed and that the quality of the research is suitable for publication in this journal. On big controversial topics there will almost always be a competing paper in the same journal that says something completely different.

In fact, just to show you.... from the SAME EXACT August 2020 time period that this article was originally published (6 months ago) there was actually a commentary from one of the contributing authors who happens to hold the exact opposite opinion of HCQ. You guys should read it because a lot of what she says in this commentary can be seen in this very thread. Its not long. I read the entire thing in less than a minute and its a good read.

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(20)30680-X/fulltext#

Last edited:
And what is unique about this possibly effective treatment?.......It was mentioned in a press conference by Trump.

That might quite possibly be the understatement of the year 2021 and were only in January. Yeah, Trump just "mentioned it".

LOL, you guys are a riot. The train wreck on here is hard to look away from sometimes I admit.

Please though, look back at my posts and you will see why I believe in it. It literally has nothing to do with Trump. You jumped to the same conclusion because I was pissed about being about being called a believer in the voter fraud. He can't run around bashing everyone about voter fraud just because they disagree with him. Like I said. The problem with this country is not a party, it's instigators like him that will not let crap go and throw accusations into the wrong people's face. I voted for Trump. He didn't win....I moved on.....but don't throw me into the "crazy group" just because I agree with the use of a medicine that can save people's lives.
I think many of these people with TDS ^1O power would refuse to take HXQ or Remdesivir just to prove a point and are willing to die due their own obstinance.
Hmmmmm.

I think many of these people with TDS ^1O power would refuse to take HXQ or Remdesivir just to prove a point and are willing to die due their own obstinance.
Hmmmmm.

Remdesivir at least has demonstrated some efficacy in clinical trials although data is mixed

HCQ has not

there’s a reason one had its FDA emergency authorization pulled and the other is approved

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT