ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-lynching Bill

CocoDawg

Letterman and National Champion
Jun 16, 2021
While we’ve been concerned with Russian aggression in Ukraine, here’s some good news…It took about 200 years, but the House has finally passed Emmitt Tills Anti-lynching bill making the act of lynching well on its way to being charged as a federal hate crime. Of course, some Repubs are somehow arguing that this bill violates freedom of speech. It’s always the Repubs smh. And of course a Republican rep from GA was one of the three repub congressman that voted against it. Surprisingly it wasn’t MTG, maybe she’s in enough hot water already?

Last edited:
While we’ve been concerned with Russian aggression in Ukraine, here’s some good news…It took about 200 years, but the House has finally passed Emmitt Tills Anti-lynching bill making the act of lynching well on its way to being charged as a federal hate crime. Of course, some Repubs are somehow arguing that this bill violates freedom of speech. It’s always the Repubs smh. And of course a Republican rep from GA was one of the three repub congressman that voted against it. Surprisingly it wasn’t MTG, maybe she’s in enough hot water already?

Yea, those guys look like cold hearted all out racist!

Does this bill really even do anything besides serve as political theatre for the Democrats? I mean, if someone gets lynched I take that as being murdered. Aren’t there laws against murder already? Don’t we have hate crime statutes in place? This just seems silly. Someone tell me where I’m going wrong here and help me understand. Is ANYONE getting lynched in the United States anymore, besides Jussie Smollet, of course?

Does this bill really even do anything besides serve as political theatre for the Democrats? I mean, if someone gets lynched I take that as being murdered. Aren’t there laws against murder already? Don’t we have hate crime statutes in place? This just seems silly. Someone tell me where I’m going wrong here and help me understand. Is ANYONE getting lynched in the United States anymore, besides Jussie Smollet, of course?
Ahmuad Aubrey was shot like a dog in the streets by some confederate flag loving loonies. So yes people are still getting lynched. The anti-lynching law is being added to the hate crime law. This was mostly a bi-partisan effort.

Reactions: shonuff253

Horrible attempt lol. Be more subtle next time.

Reactions: cherrydawg
Ahmuad Aubrey was shot like a dog in the streets by some confederate flag loving loonies. So yes people are still getting lynched. The anti-lynching law is being added to the hate crime law. This was mostly a bi-partisan effort.
I thought lynching was synonymous with hanging. Am I incorrect? What is the Democratic definition of lynching?

The part that’s utterly hilarious about this ground breaking legislation is that it caps the sentence at 30 years. Thus, I think we should be more harsh on those who lynch than democrats do. Sad state of affairs these days.

I thought lynching was synonymous with hanging. Am I incorrect? What is the Democratic definition of lynching?
Hangings are synonymous with lynchings, but more accurately, lynching can be described as a mob killing someone for an alleged offense without the benefit of a legal proceeding. Emmitt Till was not hanged and was the victim of one of the most notorious lynchings of all time. He was abducted, beaten, and mutilated for nothing. The people who did it were all acquitted.

Reactions: GatorHater1980
And let’s not twist what actually happened to Ahmuad Aubrey. The left wants to portray it like he was actually on a nice Sunday jog and some rabid racists were out hunting for black people to kill.

Let me give you a much more realistic view of what happened…

Mr. Aubrey was seen on video surveillance on a property that did not belong to him and was thought to be possibly involved in theft. Some guys noticed this and monitored the property. Mr. Aubrey was “jogging” past this place after scoping it out one day and was confronted. He didn’t like it and got into a physical altercation with someone who had a gun drawn on him. The guy with a gun also had his son there. The son saw Aubrey trying to wrestle the gun out of the father’s hands, panicked and shot Aubrey.

That is much closer to the truth than you will hear from a majority of news outlets.
All the main stream media wants to do in these instances is sensationalize the story and distort the facts to jive with their own political agenda.

Reactions: 911DAWG
The part that’s utterly hilarious about this ground breaking legislation is that it caps the sentence at 30 years. Thus, I think we should be more harsh on those who lynch than democrats do. Sad state of affairs these days.
I reckon you don’t understand how legislation work. The bill has been trying to get passed through Congress for more than 100 years. I’m sure the Democrats wanted stiffer penalties but had to lessen the punishment in negotiations with Repubs to get the bill passed.

I reckon you don’t understand how legislation work. The bill has been trying to get passed through Congress for more than 100 years. I’m sure the Democrats wanted stiffer penalties but had to lessen the punishment in negotiations with Repubs to get the bill passed.
Lol

And let’s not twist what actually happened to Ahmuad Aubrey. The left wants to portray it like he was actually on a nice Sunday jog and some rabid racists were out hunting for black people to kill.

Let me give you a much more realistic view of what happened…

Mr. Aubrey was seen on video surveillance on a property that did not belong to him and was thought to be possibly involved in theft. Some guys noticed this and monitored the property. Mr. Aubrey was “jogging” past this place after scoping it out one day and was confronted. He didn’t like it and got into a physical altercation with someone who had a gun drawn on him. The guy with a gun also had his son there. The son saw Aubrey trying to wrestle the gun out of the father’s hands, panicked and shot Aubrey.

That is much closer to the truth than you will hear from a majority of news outlets.
All the main stream media wants to do in these instances is sensationalize the story and distort the facts to jive with their own political agenda.
They would have gotten away with the murder if they didn’t leak the video to the press. You got video evidence of guys chasing a black male with a shotgun in hand and a confederate flag on their truck. If they suspected any wrongdoing they should have called the police. But they did it the good ole fashion way. #MAGA

They would have gotten away with the murder if they didn’t leak the video to the press. You got video evidence of guys chasing a black male with a shotgun in hand and a confederate flag on their truck. If they suspected any wrongdoing they should have called the police. But they did it the good ole fashion way. #MAGA

Is it your believe that someone like Kori Ali Muhammad or the numerous other individuals who have brutally murdered white individuals should have the new anti-lynching applied to them?

Reactions: LakesiteDawg
Those guys should have let the authorities handle any suspected theft going on at that property but wanted to take the law into their own hands and it got out of control. Bad decision that will no doubt affect them the rest of their lives, but let’s not act like Aubrey’s actions didn’t play a part in what transpired. He wasn’t very smart for physically confronting a couple of dudes with guns and he shouldn’t have been trespassing on that property.

There’s a common theme with many of these high-profile cases. The person that wound up dead was either engaging in illegal activity, resisting arrest or both.

If people would follow two simple rules it would save many lives:

1. Stop breaking the law.

2. If you can’t abide by rule #1, don’t resist arrest if you are caught doing so.

Is it your believe that someone like Kori Ali Muhammad or the numerous other individuals who have brutally murdered white individuals should have the new anti-lynching applied to them?

I don’t know about lynching…but perhaps he could’ve beeen charged with a hate crime.

The hate-crime and anti-lynching legislation is 99.9% reserved for white on black crime.

I don’t know about lynching…but perhaps he could’ve beeen charged with a hate crime.
Should the new law be applied equally to all races who commit a crime that meets the definition of the new anti-lynching bill?

Those guys should have let the authorities handle any suspected theft going on at that property but wanted to take the law into their own hands and it got out of control. Bad decision that will no doubt affect them the rest of their lives, but let’s not act like Aubrey’s actions didn’t play a part in what transpired. He wasn’t very smart for physically confronting a couple of dudes with guns and he shouldn’t have been trespassing on that property.

There’s a common theme with many of these high-profile cases. The person that wound up dead was either engaging in illegal activity, resisting arrest or both.

If people would follow two simple rules it would save many lives:

1. Stop breaking the law.

2. If you can’t abide by rule #1, don’t resist arrest if you are caught doing so.
Well in regards to Ahmaud Arbery what laws did he break? And how did the murders come to the conclusion that he was breaking any laws? Were white people chased from the construction site in the same way? That’s why we have the laws in place now. You just can’t assume a black guy is up to no good and go out and confront him. The same thing happened with Trayvon Martin but there was just no video evidence.

Should the new law be applied equally to all races who commit a crime that meets the definition of the new anti-lynching bill?
Why don’t you go and read the bill and tell me how you interpret it.

Why don’t you go and read the bill and tell me how you interpret it.
It’s a simple question. Yes or no? Do you think the anti-lynching law should apply equally to all individuals who commit a crime meeting the definition of lynching?

It’s a simple question. Yes or no? Do you think the anti-lynching law should apply equally to all individuals who commit a crime meeting the definition of lynching?
I’ll prefer you to do your own research instead of asking me for all the answers. This bill has failed being push through Congress for 100+ years. Do you believe all people in this country had to or have to worry about being lynched?

I’ll prefer you to do your own research instead of asking me for all the answers. This bill has failed being push through Congress for 100+ years. Do you believe all people in this country had to or have to worry about being lynched?
I don’t need to research. I think the bill is nonsensical. Murder is murder. However, if there is going to be such a law, I believe that it should be applied equally to all who commit a crime meeting the definition. Your refusal to answer the simple question tells me you think it should not be applied equally. You would like to somehow elevate one person’s sin over another’s based on their race.

The point of the three men was correct. It gave more power to the Fed when laws already existed at the state level on the issue. The point of the bill was appeasement.

It serves no purpose other than to supersede state authority to conduct its own courts.

The expansion of any “hate crime” legislation is a slippery slope and leads to Olympic skating competition type decisions that become leveraged. So when the Fed expands it’s powers, I cringe. So did the “three Republican politicians”

Why are you so big on big central government?

I don’t need to research. I think the bill in nonsensical. Murder is murder. However, if there is going to be such a law, I believe that it should be applied equally to all who commit a crime meeting the definition. Your refusal to answer the simple question tells me you think it should not be applied equally. You would like to somehow elevate one person’s sin over another’s based on their race.
It doesn’t matter what I think or what you think. All that matter is what’s in the bill. We are talking about a specific type of murder that’s been perpetrated against largely one group of people in this country historically. This bill has been trying to pass through legislation before either of us were born. So who do you think this bill was designed to protect? Who have been the main culprits of lynching in America. It’s not like lynching is a both sides argument. Never has been.

It doesn’t matter what I think or what you think. All that matter is what’s in the bill. We are talking about a specific type of murder that’s been perpetrated against largely one group of people in this country historically. This bill has been trying to pass through legislation before either of us were born. So who do you think this bill was designed to protect? Who have been the main culprits of lynching in America. It’s not like lynching is a both sides argument. Never has been.
Is it designed to protect all citizens over 70 and only if they were “historically” lynched back in the 50’s?

I’m just curious why you think some murders should be treated differently. If all of us are equal, then all of the murders we commit are equal and should be treated as such.

Also, it takes some real mental gymnastics to conclude that this bill somehow protects anyone in today’s society.

I’m just curious why you think some murders should be treated differently. If all of us are equal, then all of the murders we commit are equal and should be treated as such.

Also, it takes some real mental gymnastics to conclude that this bill somehow protects anyone in today’s society.
All murders are not equal. That’s why murder is categorized as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree to this day. And actually this bill should’ve been passed a century ago. The bill doesn’t protect anyone, but it will probably make someone think twice before taking the laws into their own hands.

All murders are not equal. That’s why murder is categorized as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree to this day. And actually this bill should’ve been passed a century ago. The bill doesn’t protect anyone, but it will probably make someone think twice before taking the laws into their own hands.
And any murder committed, including lynching, could be categorized as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree. A lynching is no less heinous an act than someone breaking into a house and brutally murdering a family. It’s a pointless bill, but hey if it gives you the warm and fuzzies have at it.

Well in regards to Ahmaud Arbery what laws did he break? And how did the murders come to the conclusion that he was breaking any laws? Were white people chased from the construction site in the same way? That’s why we have the laws in place now. You just can’t assume a black guy is up to no good and go out and confront him. The same thing happened with Trayvon Martin but there was just no video evidence.
This is getting highly racial. Your bigotry is driving it. Not that your message is wrong, but man, how you come across is awkward at best. Are you looking to pick a fight? The world isn’t black or white all the time. You act like you are attempting to teach us a lesson somehow

When police officers are ambushed and killed responding to help someone, is that a hate crime?

The “lynching” part of the bill is just rhetoric to get the vote. It means nothing in this day and age. If man is not allowed to graciously move from lessons learned from the past, nothing gets better.

Nat Turner slaughtered innocent women and children on his retribution campaign, so we need a bill to address the slaughter of women and children?

The bill failed to get "pushed through Congress" for the last 100+ years because until now there weren't enough grandstanding morons in Congress to pass it. If I lynch you, does it matter whether I did it for your wallet or because I hate you? Shouldn't matter. Murder is murder, and it's already a crime to commit murder. Asinine grandstanding is all this garbage is. A murderer should be convicted of murder, and mitigating or extenuating circumstances should be presented during sentencing. Political theater in this country has hit an all time high.

Honestly do you really believe that arbitrarily hanging someone is not a crime and this bill just made it as such? WTF, killing someone is a crime and has been for a long time, murder is murder.

Highly doubt it

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
Honestly do you really believe that arbitrarily hanging someone is not a crime and this bill just made it as such? WTF, killing someone is a crime and has been for a long time, murder is murder.
Yes the bill is mostly symbolic as it achieves justice for the 4000+ victims of lynching as 99% of the perpetrators were never convicted but protected by states right. The US now formally apologized for the lynchings that occurred and it’s failures to protect American citizens from mob violence as a result of race, ethnicity, sex, etc. This bill is very relevant to the State of Georgia as it is only second to Mississippi in confirmed lynchings. There are still family members and friends of lynching victims living today who were around during the Jim Crow and Civil Rights Era. I’m sure after 100+ years and 200 attempts to pass this bill, they are celebrating.

Now the next piece of legislation that’s needed to pass at the federal level is Anti-Voting restrictions laws.

And any murder committed, including lynching, could be categorized as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree. A lynching is no less heinous an act than someone breaking into a house and brutally murdering a family. It’s a pointless bill, but hey if it gives you the warm and fuzzies have at it.
He will get the warm and fuzzies only if you agree with him. This guy lives in la-la land.

Not really looking for a rating. Just passing on info regarding the passing of a historic bill in the House. This bill has been trying to get passed for 200 years and it finally passes in 2022. Progress is being made.
Didn't jnow lynchings were still a thing. Should probably focus on black on black crime to save more lives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT