ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone had Covid lately?

I have an uncle that had The Rona last winter. His taste and smell still have not returned. Doc says at this point it probably won't. He is 75.

The one time I had it in December 2020, it was extremely mild. The worst part was losing taste and smell for about two weeks.
Your uncle, and anyone else with this problem, can take supplemental zinc gluconate for a while to see if it helps. Has worked for many, even after an extended time. Try 100-150mg per day for about a month with meals, then 50-100mg per day ongoing. It may take a few months - this is not a drug or overnight cure.

Even if it doesn't return his taste and smell, supplemental zinc will help a lot with immune response to viruses and has numerous other health benefits - especially for seniors. No real down side unless he's being treated for prostate cancer. Acceptable forms to take include zinc gluconate, zinc picolinate and zinc citrate. Avoid any other form (oxide, sulfate, etc.) and yes, it matters a lot.

Your uncle, and anyone else with this problem, can take supplemental zinc gluconate for a while to see if it helps. Has worked for many, even after an extended time. Try 100-150mg per day for about a month with meals, then 50-100mg per day ongoing. It may take a few months - this is not a drug or overnight cure.

Even if it doesn't return his taste and smell, supplemental zinc will help a lot with immune response to viruses and has numerous other health benefits - especially for seniors. No real down side unless he's being treated for prostate cancer. Acceptable forms to take include zinc gluconate, zinc picolinate and zinc citrate. Avoid any other form (oxide, sulfate, etc.) and yes, it matters a lot.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass this along to him. He had prostate cancer about 5 years ago, but had his prostate removed and gas been fine since.

I have it now. Had it twice before once in 2020 and 2021. This is by far the worst. I’d compare it to the first two combined.

I can’t smell, taste, vomiting, fever chills and every other d*mn symptom you can think of.

I swore it was the flu but confirmed twice it covid.

Anyone else?
Have you had the 2023 booster. I saw a doc on tv who said 200.000 died from the new variant last year, 45000 of them in Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT