ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request Asking for Advice. Cancer Sucks.

LEO Dawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi all,

This place is such a special community. It is funny how impactful internet strangers can be, with support coming from corners you didn't know existed. I figured I'd ask for a little advice on something I'm struggling with.

My dad was diagnosed with cancer. Stage 3 progressive squamous cell carcinoma. He is recovering from a neck dissection & removal of a baseball-sized tumor on the side of his neck a few weeks ago. Doctors found additional cancer cells (same type of cancer) in his nose and his throat after biopsies. He'll get a treatment plan for chemo, radiation, physical therapy, & speech therapy this Friday.

Does anyone have any advice on how to positively participate in someone's life as they are navigating this awful treatment? He lives out of state which has added a tough wrinkle. Currently sitting at the airport as I wait to fly back to ATL. Came up to help him get to a few appointments and share some eyeball time amongst some warm meals.

Watching a loved one physically deteriorate has to be one of the worst hells I have experienced to this point. This is awful. This hasn't come without blessings. PET scans revealed nothing to this point had spread below the neck, and no other cancer types were found.

Not sure if this is frowned upon here so I hope this doesn't derail things. Throughout this & losing my job a few months ago, I've been just talking to God. Finding little pockets during the day to speak my mind. Developing my relationship with him has been very fruitful so far.

Driving up with a few buddies to Knoxville on Saturday...we will do our best to raise as much hayul as possible!

Your boys are keyed in this week...LOS units have done a great job at moving the pads in front of them. Energy in practices has improved as the week has progressed. Time to go break Rocky Top's will to live.

Love y'all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News