ADVERTISEMENT

Athens-Clark County sanctuary city designation

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Silver Member
Dec 3, 2019
Someone please provide clarification on this because a thread got shut down while this was being discussed (and understandably so).

There apparently is a Georgia law banning sanctuary cities in the State and yet multiple sources say there are 3 such cities in Georgia, one being Athens-Clark County. Because if this true, Athens-Clark County should be held liable for that poor student’s horrendous murder by that scumbag.

Last edited:
Someone please provide clarification on this because a thread got shut down while this was being discussed (and understandably so).

There apparently is a Georgia law banning sanctuary cities in the State and yet multiple sources say there are 3 such cities in Georgia, one being Athens-Clark County. Because if this true, Athens-Clark County should be held liable for that poor student’s horrendous murder by that scumbag.

Excellent observation and point if this is correct. The MSM will avoid this conversation, but this is truly a “root cause”.

Lots of people on X claim ACC is a sanctuary city but I don’t see anything official that says that (but of course they wouldn’t make it official). Our own Anthony dasher is adamant that Athens is in fact not a sanctuary city. Who knows.

Reactions: poochpup
Lots of people on X claim ACC is a sanctuary city but I don’t see anything official that says that (but of course they wouldn’t make it official). Our own Anthony dasher is adamant that Athens is in fact not a sanctuary city. Who knows.

He’s wrong.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg

Don’t believe your lying eyes.

He’s wrong.
Well, he’s right if you look at Georgia State law, which does not allow sanctuary cities. So ACC not being an officially designated sanctuary city might be true. But do the policies (written or unwritten) of ACC essentially make it no different than a sanctuary city? If that is the case, then ACC should be held to account for not only breaking State law but also being complicit in this girl’s murder. Make no mistake, though this problem started at the border where our federal govt has failed and is just as guilty. This whole situation makes me sick and hope that the University has no connection to the policies of ACC.

Reactions: KidneyStoned
Here's what I know from my banker at Synovus. I was sitting with her and she started telling me about her husband doing work with migrants, he's working with one of these NGOS that's funding our invasion. One day she said she had to pick him up from an apartment where these migrants were staying, she walked in and it was nothing but dudes and she said it freaked her out because they looked like the people who were involved in 9/11 she said it made her extremely uncomfortable, she rushed out and said she's never picking him up from there again and doesn't want to be around it. This was this past summer.

Well, he’s right if you look at Georgia State law, which does not allow sanctuary cities. So ACC not being an officially designated sanctuary city might be true. But do the policies (written or unwritten) of ACC essentially make it no different than a sanctuary city? If that is the case, then ACC should be held to account for not only breaking State law but also being complicit in this girl’s murder. Make no mistake, though this problem started at the border where our federal govt has failed and is just as guilty. This whole situation makes me sick and hope that the University has no connection to the policies of ACC.
We don't, but once we turn them over to the Clarke County Jail we have no control over the process. From that point on it's up to the Sheriff and the DA, and they don't cooperate with ICE. They pretty much turn them back loose as soon as we bring them through the door. It's one of many reasons I'm glad to be out of law enforcement in Athens.

UGAPD and ACCPD do everything we possibly can to get these people off the streets to keep campus and Athens safe, but we are constantly undermined by the dipshits running the city and the worst DA in the history of America.

And you nailed it on the first part. Athens isn't *officially* a sanctuary city, but in practicality it is.

Here's what I know from my banker at Synovus. I was sitting with her and she started telling me about her husband doing work with migrants, he's working with one of these NGOS that's funding our invasion. One day she said she had to pick him up from an apartment where these migrants were staying, she walked in and it was nothing but dudes and she said it freaked her out because they looked like the people who were involved in 9/11 she said it made her extremely uncomfortable, she rushed out and said she's never picking him up from there again and doesn't want to be around it. This was this past summer.
Migrants? When are they migrating back? Are they ducks?

They’re illegal aliens.

We don't, but once we turn them over to the Clarke County Jail we have no control over the process. From that point on it's up to the Sheriff and the DA, and they don't cooperate with ICE. They pretty much turn them back loose as soon as we bring them through the door. It's one of many reasons I'm glad to be out of law enforcement in Athens.

UGAPD and ACCPD do everything we possibly can to get these people off the streets to keep campus and Athens safe, but we are constantly undermined by the dipshits running the city and the worst DA in the history of America.

And you nailed it on the first part. Athens isn't *officially* a sanctuary city, but in practicality it is.
In my mind there is no difference. If that’s the case ACC is complicit whether officially designated or not. And I just hope the University is in no way involved.

I think Anthony is wrong.

absolutely blindpig! already happening in CALI
California consistently voted Republican as recently as 1988.

Hmmmm I wonder what major change happened in CA over the last 40 years that would affect voting demographics.

Oh I know. Democrats let in millions of illegal aliens from Mexico, gave them lawful status and supported their many kids (who gained birthright citizenship) and completely changed what CA is/ was.

And the Democrats hope to do that on a national scale. And if a few Americans have to be strangled to death for them to gain votes… so be it.

Disgusting.

I need to start hearing a lot more platitudes to justify this invasion such as "diversity is our strength" ..."land of immigrants",... Or else I might get irate

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I hear you. But, actions speak louder than words and there’s a dead young lady beacuse of it. And you have a chief of police for ACC who’s complicit to the Sanctuary city concept by not cooperating with ICE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT