ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Day Audrey Commits to the G!!

Gandawg the Grey

Back to Back Fiona Apple Champion
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2002
Middle Earth
@Radi Nabulsi @Anthony Dasher

Okay, I'm slightly in tears over this but Audrey has been recruited to join the UGA equestrian team. Now let me explain. Most of you know about her near death cardiac arrest in May 21. Well if anyone has been an advocate for Audrey, it's been my wife. She can't do sports anymore and had to give up riding horses competitively. Anyways, Bethany found out about teamimpact.org . Team impact "helps kids coping with the emotional challenges that come with chronic health conditions be a part of a college athletic team. We are so thrilled at this absolutely perfect match for Audrey! Go Dawgs! "

So my wife sent in her info and just explained what she loves. We couldn't request UGA nor any specific team. We hoped a team at UGA would pick her. I mean did I want to have Auburn pick her??? LORD NO but I would have supported her. Today she received her official acceptance letter and sports card! To see Audrey's face when not only the University of Georgia picked her but that the Equestrian team chose her to join the team. She becomes a part of the team for 2 years. We'll have an official signing later plus she can participate in a lot of events. I am glad my wife found out about this organization but a HUGE THANK YOU to the UGA equestrian team who made my girl's day and we have also gotten permission to let her ride a horse again with these talented young women!

This is her sports card. Her hero is the woman who takes the service dog, Uno, around to visit all the patients at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Following that is the letter

295956480_10114371218394980_4307582129425084858_n.jpg

295704792_10114371597535180_8430605571497803890_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News