ADVERTISEMENT

Beatiful..AOC gets hammered by the facts!

If I hear "with all due respect" from her one more time I'm gonna puke. This woman doesn't know the first thing about respect. She's merely an actress, and a terrible one at that. Like you said, she's in way over her head, and it amuses me to see her get slung to the ground during these hearings. An embarrassment to the country, but the face of a party. The dems will never dig themselves out of this hole.

The problem with this situation...and so many others...is that she (and those like her) are ignoring completely the legal/constitutional elements and using phrases like "seeking asylum" and "family separation". These make any position to the contrary seem amoral and cruel. The strategy is simply: make the enforcers of the law look like bad guys, not address how the law was in any way unreasonable.

They want families seeking asylum to come in freely. Why...so they can have better lives as they are fleeing from crime and drugs and bad people and bad society. But with open borders, those who create the crime and drugs...those who create the bad society...they are also free to cross the border "seeking asylum". If they drag a kid across with them...they have the added insurance of "family separation".

Where are these unregistered aliens supposed to work? If I run a business and hire them, here is what I face:
  • First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
  • For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
  • Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.
What now? Okay, change the law so these illegal immigrants don't have to show legal documentation to be hired? They can freely seek employment and do we make the employer off the hook??? How long before every caucasian, asian, african-american, etc. etc. doesn't show their legal paperwork because the employer can't require it? What happens to the payroll tax system and income? Orrrr...are the employers supposed to get the documentation from all those other "races" and only not ask people who "look" a certain way? Talk about a discrimination suit.

These "detail" questions are not addressed. We just make good hard working law enforcement officials look like cruel, unreasonable, power hungry bad guys. As this man said, we separate families all over America by the thousands every day...when the parent is guilty of a crime. Don't attack the enforcers...give a better solution to the problem that won't destroy the infrastructure that protects us as citizens.

Actually, you don’t have to seek asylum at a port of entry. It can be done up to a year after entering the US as a refugee, but those pesky facts...

A refugee is a person outside his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her country of nationality because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. An asylee is a person who meets the definition of refugee and is already present in the United States or is seeking admission at a port of entry. Refugees are required to apply for Lawful Permanent Resident (“green card”) status one year after being admitted, and asylees may apply for green card status one year after their grant of asylum.

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/refugees-asylees

Reactions: nice marmot
Actually, you don’t have to seek asylum at a port of entry. It can be done up to a year after entering the US as a refugee, but those pesky facts...

A refugee is a person outside his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her country of nationality because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. An asylee is a person who meets the definition of refugee and is already present in the United States or is seeking admission at a port of entry. Refugees are required to apply for Lawful Permanent Resident (“green card”) status one year after being admitted, and asylees may apply for green card status one year after their grant of asylum.

You are completely missing the point. One can legally enter the USA through an approved port of entry and later seek asylum as you stated. However, if one enters the USA by a means that is illegal, i.e., crosses the border illegally, one is immediately a law-breaker and subject to prosecution and deportation for that offense.

You are completely missing the point. One can legally enter the USA through an approved port of entry and later seek asylum as you stated. However, if one enters the USA by a means that is illegal, i.e., crosses the border illegally, one is immediately a law-breaker and subject to prosecution and deportation for that offense.
Actually, the US code does not distinguish between legal or illegal when seeking asylum. As long as the border crossers file for asylum before they are arrested by ICE then they have every right to stay until their asylum hearing at which point it will be decided if they can stay permanently.

Reactions: nice marmot
The problem with this situation...and so many others...is that she (and those like her) are ignoring completely the legal/constitutional elements and using phrases like "seeking asylum" and "family separation". These make any position to the contrary seem amoral and cruel. The strategy is simply: make the enforcers of the law look like bad guys, not address how the law was in any way unreasonable.

They want families seeking asylum to come in freely. Why...so they can have better lives as they are fleeing from crime and drugs and bad people and bad society. But with open borders, those who create the crime and drugs...those who create the bad society...they are also free to cross the border "seeking asylum". If they drag a kid across with them...they have the added insurance of "family separation".

Where are these unregistered aliens supposed to work? If I run a business and hire them, here is what I face:
  • First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
  • For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
  • Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.
What now? Okay, change the law so these illegal immigrants don't have to show legal documentation to be hired? They can freely seek employment and do we make the employer off the hook??? How long before every caucasian, asian, african-american, etc. etc. doesn't show their legal paperwork because the employer can't require it? What happens to the payroll tax system and income? Orrrr...are the employers supposed to get the documentation from all those other "races" and only not ask people who "look" a certain way? Talk about a discrimination suit.

These "detail" questions are not addressed. We just make good hard working law enforcement officials look like cruel, unreasonable, power hungry bad guys. As this man said, we separate families all over America by the thousands every day...when the parent is guilty of a crime. Don't attack the enforcers...give a better solution to the problem that won't destroy the infrastructure that protects us as citizens.

Remember AOC beleives ICE should not exist.

Actually, you don’t have to seek asylum at a port of entry. It can be done up to a year after entering the US as a refugee, but those

[/QUOTE

Well if you want to get technical, what makes you think all of these folks are under the “threat of persecution” vs just wanting to come here because our stupid political system will give them free stuff in return for votes? Not all of These people are being persecuted due to race or religion, etc, so in a vast number of cases, asylum shouldn’t even apply.

Actually, the US code does not distinguish between legal or illegal when seeking asylum. As long as the border crossers file for asylum before they are arrested by ICE then they have every right to stay until their asylum hearing at which point it will be decided if they can stay permanently.

Wait what? Why would the "border crossers" have to worry about getting arrested if the law didn't distinguish between legal and illegal when seeking asylum? Lol @ the use of the term "border crossers". And you do know that almost none of the asylum seekers show up for their court date right?

I try to not to believe people are this dumb, but libs will believe anything.

Wait what? Why would the "border crossers" have to worry about getting arrested if the law didn't distinguish between legal and illegal when seeking asylum? Lol @ the use of the term "border crossers". And you do know that almost none of the asylum seekers show up for their court date right?

Good call...these dims can't call illegal immigration what it really is because they have gone so far left they have placed common sense in the rear-view mirror. To tell the truth and be honest means someone gets their feelings hurt and that would be mean.

I hate to break the news to you but facts don’t matter to idiots. If facts manner then they wouldn’t act as an idiot. So don’t get excited
Facts are exploited and used to steer a narrative. I like to talk to people that fought in WWII or Korea opposed to watching some liberal agenda network tell me the cherry picked version.

The law is whether you are in this country illegally, i.e. expired visa, ran across the border or however you got here versus presenting at a port of entry. If you want to seek asylum, then so be it. If you are denied, then deport them, but I'm not to judge what constitutes persecution or fear as I've never been to the parts of Guatemala ruled by gangs and you haven't either, so don't cast judgement. I can certainly empathize wanting a better life for your children free of the fear of gangs, drugs, murder and violence.

it went from a manufactured crisis,
to a humanitarian crisis.
we can't have it both ways.
so simple,
why would anyone want midgets camping in their back yard?

Check this out, putting words in their mouth. Look at these guys, many have zero facial hair, look very clean and not disheveled! This really pisses me off because you know the media will be spewing this crap over the airwaves.

Last edited:
The law is whether you are in this country illegally, i.e. expired visa, ran across the border or however you got here versus presenting at a port of entry. If you want to seek asylum, then so be it. If you are denied, then deport them, but I'm not to judge what constitutes persecution or fear as I've never been to the parts of Guatemala ruled by gangs and you haven't either, so don't cast judgement. I can certainly empathize wanting a better life for your children free of the fear of gangs, drugs, murder and violence.
Why don’t they go to Mexico, Honduras, Belize, El Salvador, Nicaragua or Panama? All closer that the US.

Asylum is a loophole being exploited by democrats with the goal being to obtain votes. Anyone who thinks the democrats are a bunch of moral justice fighters are about as naive as they come. We have immigration laws, they should be followed, plain and simple.

Asylum is a loophole being exploited by democrats with the goal being to obtain votes. Anyone who thinks the democrats are a bunch of moral justice fighters are about as naive as they come. We have immigration laws, they should be followed, plain and simple.
True...Dims are used to being placed in an Asylum.

Asylum has been around since the Egyptians and was passed by the UN in 1948 as a declaration of human rights. It is fundamental to any democracy. What does the Statue of Liberty say?

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Reactions: TheInitials
Asylum has been around since the Egyptians and was passed by the UN in 1948 as a declaration of human rights. It is fundamental to any democracy. What does the Statue of Liberty say?

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
The Hebrews didn't get much asylum from the Egyptians.

The Statue of Liberty inscription is not government policy or law.

That's nice and all. However, I fail to understand how some epitaph taken from a 19th century poem has any bearing whatsoever to immigration law. And while we are at it, the UN is about as useful as the NCAA.

And there is an asylum process and it isn't crossing the US border between ports of entry and making a claim.

Go ahead and align yourself with the open border prog squad. I hope Trump baits all the Dems into the hysterics and pushes the Dems further and further to the Looney left.

Americans arent opposed to immigration. He'll, we take 1 mil per yr legally, but there must be an orderly process and the people crying the loudest are the people with the power to change laws and approve funding but refuse to do the job.

The Statue of Liberty was on the way to Ellis Island a legal port of entry.

No, but it’s a good epitaph for who we are as a people
You’re finally right about something.

ep·i·taph
/ˈepəˌtaf/
noun
  1. a phrase or form of words written in memory of a person who has died, especially as an inscription on a tombstone.

We be dead, thanks to you fools packing the country with illiterate bloodsuckers who will empower your chosen politicians. You’re young; you’re going to experience bad times, which you will deserve.

Last edited:
Would disagree as to who we claim to be as a country. We claim to be welcoming, but the derisive talk from the last several years does not uphold the ideals we have had for decades. Sad.
Disagree the unwillingness to uphold law has resulted where we are today. Ever heard of operation wetback.

Last edited:
Would disagree as to who we claim to be as a country. We claim to be welcoming, but the derisive talk from the last several years does not uphold the ideals we have had for decades. Sad.

This country never “claimed” to be open to anyone who decides to cross into it illegally. Obama deported thousands and I never heard even a whimper from folks like yourself that we weren’t welcoming back then. Kids were in cages and folks sleeping on the floors then. It’s only an issue now because after calling it a “manufactured crisis” for almost two years they want to use it against Trump. Even folks like AOC who pretended to be concerned voted against aid to improve the conditions. Wonder why? Because ultimately they don’t actually give “two shits” about the folks at the border, only want to undermine and try to embarrass Trump. That’s what’s really sad. Showboating Dems who pretend to care about kids but are fine with babies being killed up to the point of delivery. Please spare us your bullshit about “ideals”. You’re as fake as they are.

This country never “claimed” to be open to anyone who decides to cross into it illegally. Obama deported thousands and I never heard even a whimper from folks like yourself that we weren’t welcoming back then. Kids were in cages and folks sleeping on the floors then. It’s only an issue now because after calling it a “manufactured crisis” for almost two years they want to use it against Trump. Even folks like AOC who pretended to be concerned voted against aid to improve the conditions. Wonder why? Because ultimately they don’t actually give “two shits” about the folks at the border, only want to undermine and try to embarrass Trump. That’s what’s really sad. Showboating Dems who pretend to care about kids but are fine with babies being killed up to the point of delivery. Please spare us your bullshit about “ideals”. You’re as fake as they are.
Obama holds the record by far for fiscal year deportations, which proves all this democrat whimpering about Trump is purely disingenuous. Despicableness is a growth industry these days. I think it is becoming more transparent to more people and will easily hand Trump another term. Sorry, bloodsuckers, no more free shit for a while. Bunch of new judges coming your way. I hear they’ve got another Clarence Thomas in the wings if somebody would pop a paper bag behind Ginsburg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT