ADVERTISEMENT

Best BBQ Sauce for Pulled Pork

ugasincebirth

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2005
Doing a pork butt Labor Day weekend and looking for a good BBQ sauce. Looking for something without a ton of sugar and with someone me sweet notes but also with a spicy/ tangy kick to it.

Reactions: studawg170 II
61KbjDPr1%2BL._SL1012_.jpg

Doing a pork butt Labor Day weekend and looking for a good BBQ sauce. Looking for something without a ton of sugar and with someone me sweet notes but also with a spicy/ tangy kick to it.

Vinegar

Ketchup

Mustard...just a little

Brown sugar

Hot sauce

Worcestershire

Black and red pepper.

This is my base sauce...adjust amounts to taste. I add other things sometimes...just play with the ketchup to vinegar ratio and adjust sugar for sweetness

Last edited:
Vinegar

Ketchup

Mustard...just a little

Hot sauce

Worcestershire

Black and red pepper.

This is my base sauce...adjust amounts to taste. I add other things sometimes...just play with the ketchup to vinegar ratio and adjust sugar for sweetness

no molasses

Reactions: 3 Pete
Sticky Fingers original is dam good. Stubbs us good as well.

Sticky Finger's Memphis Original is my go-to. I like their Carolina Classic as well. You can order 'em online if you can't find 'em in your local grocery.

focus-products.png

I’m a dry rub guy but If you can find Bone Sucking Sauce, it’s one of my favorites.

Reactions: Boom MFer Dawg
Not sure about that, but I make a pretty damn nice Habanero and Mango Salsa which is good for marinating pork loins with, jus' sayin'. Batch #2 coming soon when the peppers ripen! :)

231945-600x600-A.jpg
Google Jim and Nicks white BBQ sauce. 2g carbs and 2g sugar per ounce. That’s about as good as I’ve found, and it’s delicious.

This is my favorite, a finishing sauce from smokingmeatforums. No other sauce needed!:
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone
Vinegar

Ketchup

Mustard...just a little

Brown sugar

Hot sauce

Worcestershire

Black and red pepper.

Like it! Sounds like my old standby. Don’t need much sugar though. Ketchup has more sugar than ice cream.

Reactions: studawg170 II
Man, I just don’t get into sauce enough to be very passionate about it. Stubbs Spicy is probably my favorite you can get at a big box grocery store. If you can find a grill or specialty store Lane’s, Four 41 South, Socks Love and Wicked Que are Georgia guys making good stuff. I also agree with the Blues Hog suggestions. The red sauce is really good. Super Sauce is another one I like; it reminds me of an old school Georgia bbq joint. Having said all that, I make a vinegar sauce for pork that’s pretty hardcore and don’t regularly use sauce for much else. I honestly just hope @LawDawg86 doesn't get type 2 diabetes from his sauce preferences. He seems to be a pretty good dude.

Last edited:
Vinegar

Ketchup

Mustard...just a little

Brown sugar

Hot sauce

Worcestershire

Black and red pepper.

Always was a vinegar based guy. Nowadays, my cardiologist says BBQ is verboten!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT