ADVERTISEMENT

Biden on Gettysburg!!!

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was, the Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable.... I mean, it was so much and so interesting and so vicious and horrible and....so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow."
The man's just too old.

"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was, the Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable.... I mean, it was so much and so interesting and so vicious and horrible and....so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow."
The man's just too old.
Truthfully they both are to be running the country. The same way the office tramples every body who holds it will run all over Trump the same way it did to bush, Clinton, Obama, Biden etc.

The man's just too old.
You omitted the best part.

“The statement of Robert E. Lee―who’s no longer in favor, did you ever notice that?” Trump continued. “No longer in favor―‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill. He said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake.’ He lost his great general, and they were fighting. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys!’ But it was too late.”

It’s unclear to me if I’m supposed to hear the Lee quote in my head as a leprechaun or a pirate, what with the “me boys” reference.

Reactions: kckd

“The statement of Robert E. Lee―who’s no longer in favor, did you ever notice that?” Trump continued. “No longer in favor―‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill. He said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake.’ He lost his great general, and they were fighting. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys!’ But it was too late.”

It’s unclear to me if I’m supposed to hear the Lee quote in my head as a leprechaun or a pirate, what with the “me boys” reference.
Robert E. Lee was a finer general than any general we currently have and a finer man than 99% of our politicians.

His decisions were made on standards of honor, not agenda.

He lived only a few miles from being a Union general. He fought for his state and the army he led. If he had lived in Washington, he would have served the union.

And why is Robert E. Lee not in favor?

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
all you do is attempt to gaslight...
I never comprehended the definition.
thank you.
This word has been thrown around so much lately that it's kind of lost it's meaning and not being used correctly in many instances. Not just here, but in the media as well.

It would be great if they'd watch this movie and see where the term came from.

• Love
Reactions: blackpug6
He's saying that about the people wanting to tear down statues honoring the confederacy. Not in favor in liberal circles. It's one of the few things that kind of made sense in the ramble.
it's upside down and sideways my friend!
with this pool of fools...

Last edited:
Reactions: PotimusWillie
It appears my attempt at sarcasm went awry. I sometimes forget that we are getting our news from very different sources these days. While I do make an attempt to listen to some conservative news (Some good: The American Conservative, The National Review, WSJ. Some not as much: Fox-stuff in between their morning propaganda show and their afternoon propaganda show. Do not bother with the ones that have been caught over and over again advancing complete lies Gateway Pundit, Federalist Papers, etc..) I forget that some hardly bother with any outlet that might even discuss a negative view of their party or candidate as a legit debate topic.

Example Tapper's show on Biden's incoherent babbling at times and slow speech and walk: Tapper: Is it really a concern. Panelist 1: He's old but he's still sharp as a tack. Panelist 2: People on the inside say he's a genius. Panelist 3 (lone conservative): We can say whatever we want, but we can see that this might be a problem.

Hannity or Ingraham or whoever replaced Tuck: Hannity/Ingraham/Tuck: Obviously senile, Panelist 1: Alzheimer's Panelist 2: Maybe not, but certainly dementia. Panlest 3 (lone liberal): Oh yeah, they don't do that crap anymore. RIP Alan Colmes.

Tapper's show on Trump's Gettysburg address: Tapper: Isn't this concerning? Panelist 1: My mom was having seizures last year and made more sense. Panelist 2: I was waiting for General Lee to accuse the Yanks of stealing his Lucky Charms. Panelist 3 (conservative): Look, it didn't make a lot of sense, but at least he delivered it with a lot of energy, unlike Biden.

Fox PM: Trump gave a rousing speech in Pennsylvania yesterday which shows he's ready to fight like hell in this sham trial. Panelist 1: Great energy, sham trial. Panelist 2: He'll eat them alive. Panelist 3: He'll defeat the state of NY in this trial the same way the Yanks defeated the South at Gettysburg. (Panlist 3 is removed and Hannity later calls him to tell him he's no longer welcomed on the show as his comments upset many viewers who do not like to be reminded how the South got their ass kicked in the Civil War.)

In short: It was Trump's speech.

One more thing. Saying that I understood why Trump said "Lee is not in favor" does not mean I'm necessarily taking Trump's side in that whole argument.

Robert E. Lee was a finer general than any general we currently have and a finer man than 99% of our politicians.

His decisions were made on standards of honor, not agenda.

He lived only a few miles from being a Union general. He fought for his state and the army he led. If he had lived in Washington, he would have served the union.
He also said there should be no statues erected for the Confederacy. He was right on that too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT