ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Appellate Court Rules Trump Can Post $175 Million Bond to Cover Letitia James’ Judgment – Trump Responds

doerunn

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2001
doerun and inverness
An appellate court ruled that President Trump can post a $175 million bond to cover Letitia James’ $464 million judgment.
Trump has 10 days to post the bond.
Marxist New York Attorney General Letitia James last Thursday took the initial step to seize Trump’s assets. She filed judgments in Westchester County where Trump’s private estate and golf course named Seven Springs is located.
President Trump had until Monday to either pay the judgment or convince the appellate court to allow him to defer the payment pending appeal.
Trump’s legal team filed an appeal and requested a stay on the massive $464 million judgment.
On Thursday Trump’s attorneys sent a letter to the Appellate Division of New York’s Supreme Court and asserted Letitia James’ actions are “unconstitutional.”
The appellate court intervened on Monday and ruled Trump can post $175 million bond.
It is ordered that the motion is granted to the extent of staying enforcement of those portions of the Judgment (1) ordering disgorgement to the Attorney General of $464,576,230.62, conditioned on defendants-appellants posting, within ten (10) days of the date of this order, an undertaking in the amount of $175 million dollars,” the two-page order from the appellate said, according to ABC News.
ABC News reported:
A New York appellate court has ruled that former President Donald Trump can post a lower bond to cover his $464 million civil fraud judgment.
The Appellate Division, First Department said Trump can post a bond “in the amount of $175 million” to cover the judgment.
Trump’s attorneys had argued obtaining a bond for the full amount of $464 million was a “practical impossibility.”
The panel of five judges also opted to delay enforcement of the $464 million judgment by ten days.
President Trump responded to the appellate court’s ruling.
“Judge Engoron has refused to obey the decision of the Appellate Division relative to the Statute of Limitations. This is a confrontation between a Judge and those that rule above him – A very bad situation in which to place New York State and the Rule of Law! Engoron has disrespected the Appellate Division and its very clear and precise ruling. He should be made to do so, and at the same time, release the GAG ORDER. This is the 5th time in this case that he has been overturned, a record. His credibility, and that of Letitia James, has been shattered. We will abide by the decision of the Appellate Division, and post either a bond, equivalent securities, or cash. This also shows how ridiculous and outrageous Engoron’s original decision was at $450 Million. I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND NEW YORK SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN A POSITION LIKE THIS AGAIN. BUSINESSES ARE FLEEING, VIOLENT CRIME IS FLOURISHING, AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS BE RESOLVED IN ITS TOTALITY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!” Trump said in a Truth Social post.

An appellate court ruled that President Trump can post a $175 million bond to cover Letitia James’ $464 million judgment.
Marxist New York Attorney General Letitia James last Thursday took the initial step to seize Trump’s assets. She filed judgments in Westchester County where Trump’s private estate and golf course named Seven Springs is located.
President Trump had until Monday to either pay the judgment or convince the appellate court to allow him to defer the payment pending appeal.
Trump’s legal team filed an appeal and requested a stay on the massive $464 million judgment.
On Thursday Trump’s attorneys sent a letter to the Appellate Division of New York’s Supreme Court and asserted Letitia James’ actions are “unconstitutional.”
The appellate court intervened on Monday and ruled Trump can post $175 million bond.
It is ordered that the motion is granted to the extent of staying enforcement of those portions of the Judgment (1) ordering disgorgement to the Attorney General of $464,576,230.62, conditioned on defendants-appellants posting, within ten (10) days of the date of this order, an undertaking in the amount of $175 million dollars,” the two-page order from the appellate said, according to ABC News.
ABC News reported:
A New York appellate court has ruled that former President Donald Trump can post a lower bond to cover his $464 million civil fraud judgment.

“Judge Engoron has refused to obey the decision of the Appellate Division relative to the Statute of Limitations. This is a confrontation between a Judge and those that rule above him – A very bad situation in which to place New York State and the Rule of Law! Engoron has disrespected the Appellate Division and its very clear and precise ruling. He should be made to do so, and at the same time, release the GAG ORDER. This is the 5th time in this case that he has been overturned, a record. His credibility, and that of Letitia James, has been shattered. We will abide by the decision of the Appellate Division, and post either a bond, equivalent securities, or cash. This also shows how ridiculous and outrageous Engoron’s original decision was at $450 Million. I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND NEW YORK SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN A POSITION LIKE THIS AGAIN. BUSINESSES ARE FLEEING, VIOLENT CRIME IS FLOURISHING, AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS BE RESOLVED IN ITS TOTALITY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!” Trump said in a Truth Social post.
“What doesn’t kill him makes him stronger”.

ABC News reported:

So now he has to pay $175M to continue his appeal not to pay $464M and when he loses the appeal, he still has to pay $464M...

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
So now he has to pay $175M to continue his appeal not to pay $464M and when he loses the appeal, he still has to pay $464M...
Trying to remember, you are the mortgage lender that can’t do basic math, right??

If so, I certainly hope you are still new to the industry and are strongly supervised.

If I am wrong, my apologies….

It never made sense to me, that he had to pay the fine, before he could file an appeal.

Thats like serving your whole sentence, before being granted an appeal. What's the point?

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
ABC News reported:

Multi Billionaire Trump can't get a bond to cover his appeal of an unjust ruling on his fraud.

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
It never made sense to me, that he had to pay the fine, before he could file an appeal.

Thats like serving your whole sentence, before being granted an appeal. What's the point?

This is not meant to be snarky. Just didn't know a better way to answer as your question seems genuine. Common in civil cases.

This is not meant to be snarky. Just didn't know a better way to answer as your question seems genuine. Common in civil cases.

Appreciate it. I honestly did not know.

I still don't agree with the idea of paying the full amount, before an appeal....but if that's the process, you have to work with it.

Appreciate it. I honestly did not know.

I still don't agree with the idea of paying the full amount, before an appeal....but if that's the process, you have to work with it.
Or you appeal the process which doesn't seem to be constitutional. If I remember correctly Trump was found guilty and only allowed to defend himself during the penalty stage and there is no doubt he has a case regarding the evaluations of his properties made by a clearly partisan judge.

Or you appeal the process which doesn't seem to be constitutional. If I remember correctly Trump was found guilty and only allowed to defend himself during the penalty stage and there is no doubt he has a case regarding the evaluations of his properties made by a clearly partisan judge.
The process of the bond is not unconstitutional. It happens every day in civil cases around the country. Just not to the magnitude we are seeing here.

The process of the bond is not unconstitutional. It happens every day in civil cases around the country. Just not to the magnitude we are seeing here.
The process of declaring him guilty of inflating his net worth without a defense then imposing an excessive penalty based on specious valuations by the judge certainly is out of bounds.

Then you get into a DA that promised to harrass a citizen suing that citizen for financial fraud when all of the parties involved agree there was no fraud... At a minimum, MS James should have recused herself because she is certainly dont a disinterested prosecutor.

Trying to remember, you are the mortgage lender that can’t do basic math, right??

If so, I certainly hope you are still new to the industry and are strongly supervised.

If I am wrong, my apologies….
Ran approve...
Screenshot-2024-03-26-093010.png

Ran approve...
Screenshot-2024-03-26-093010.png
My, my……..all of that for me??

I certainly hope you do not have any fiduciary responsibilities to this client/customer. I know I would certainly be upset if you took my information w/o permission and shared it for your personal use.

Besides, the reason you got so much grief on here from myself and others is this:

1) Who in the hayul could live off of a DTI ratio of 43 or 45% that you originally posted. I mean by the time you take payroll taxes out of your gross income…it certainly doesn’t look manageable.

Unless you don’t buy groceries, pay utilities, have to pay for automobile expense (gas, maintenance, insurance & payment), life & health insurance, credit cards, emergencies etc.

2) The next day you came back and admitted you made some mistakes and retracted part or all of what you said from your original post.

By evidence of all of this, you still seem to be new to the industry or just a little reckless.

Based on this, I certainly wouldn’t want you to broker or help originate any loans for me or anyone else that I know.

Hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT