ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Key’s wife told a friend of hers that Brent has been called and told he will get an interview if

Looks like they may have already hired this guy:

Thinks I would have stayed where I was….he would probably last longer.
That’s the problem with Bama, they will expect no fall off from Saban’s record. Remember when they fired Bill Curry after 1 year ( he went 11-1, losing to Auburn).
It will be tough to fill that spot after Saban.

Reactions: blackpug6
That’s the problem with Bama, they will expect no fall off from Saban’s record. Remember when they fired Bill Curry after 1 year ( he went 11-1, losing to Auburn).
Yep……believe he was the only coach at the time that had been ACC coach of the year and SEC coach of the year. I believe it was GT and Bama.

Believe the so called fans also threw bricks through his office when window or home. Ran him off to Kentucky.

Class guy, met him at a Bama football function one year, I was a guest. Very kind and welcoming.

Think the only guy that stuck around for any length of time between Bear and Saban was Stallings.

You lose two or more….or maybe just one like Curry did, they will run your azz off. Remember that well.

Horrible fans, but most all of the ones that way are the sidewalk ones (alumni). Lived in B’ham for 3 years, there are some crazy SOB that live there.

Yep……believe he was the only coach at the time that had been ACC coach of the year and SEC coach of the year. I believe it was GT and Bama.

Believe the so called fans also threw bricks through his office when window or home. Ran him off to Kentucky.

Class guy, met him at a Bama football function one year, I was a guest. Very kind and welcoming.

Think the only guy that stuck around for any length of time between Bear and Saban was Stallings.

You lose two or more….or maybe just one like Curry did, they will run your azz off. Remember that well.

Horrible fans, but most all of the ones that way are the sidewalk ones (alumni). Lived in B’ham for 3 years, there are some crazy SOB that live there.

a move from the Great Northwest,
to Southeast Region?
I wonder how that effects recruiting?
I vote negatively.
regarding uncertainty.
May our Dawgs benefit even more than our current bounty!

Curry coached at Bama from ‘87-‘89 three years, was a GT grad (that Bear had bad blood with Bobby Dodd Curry’s coach), couldn’t beat Auburn and never should have taken that job. If you can’t beat Auburn you can’t stay at Bama.

Curry was there for 3 seasons. His record was 26-10 including 0-3 against Auburn.

“Google” … it works.

a move from the Great Northwest,
to Southeast Region?
I wonder how that effects recruiting?
I vote negatively.
regarding uncertainty.
May our Dawgs benefit even more than our current bounty!
Thinks it’s gonna be a little bit of a culture shock for him. I wish him………who am I kidding, fock him.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Curry was there for 3 seasons. His record was 26-10 including 0-3 against Auburn.

“Google” … it works.
Don’t be a d!ck…… he probably just was going off of memory rather than looking it up. If you are talking about the 11-1 record he stated , he went 10-1 that regular season & lost in the Orange Bowl afterwards.

Point is…..it’s a tough place to coach, not many stay long:

“In 1989, Curry led Alabama to the SEC title. He also was the recipient of numerous honors, including ACC Coach of the Year (1985), SEC Coach of the Year (1987 & '89), and the Bobby Dodd National Coach of the Year (1989).”

“Google” … it works.
Thanks for the correction. My memory failed me yet another time!
Don’t be a d!ck…… he probably just was going off of memory rather than looking it up. If you are talking about the 11-1 record he stated , he went 10-1 that regular season & lost in the Orange Bowl afterwards.

Point is…..it’s a tough place to coach, not many stay long:

“In 1989, Curry led Alabama to the SEC title. He also was the recipient of numerous honors, including ACC Coach of the Year (1985), SEC Coach of the Year (1987 & '89), and the Bobby Dodd National Coach of the Year (1989).”
Thanks for having my back! I was going off a memory that certainly was off. You are correct, I was saying the same thing you stated, it is a tough place to coach.

Thanks for the correction. My memory failed me yet another time!

Thanks for having my back! I was going off a memory that certainly was off. You are correct, I was saying the same thing you stated, it is a tough place to coach.
Sorry, Eastman is right that was a dick post. My bad.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT