ADVERTISEMENT

Buckle up Folks... The Lunatics are running the show...

They don't give shiat what you are paying at the pump and how much their polices are hurting folks. They keep saying "Green energy" like it's the magic bullet to everything....

Let me see if I have this right. We’re going to reduce our dependence on foreign oil by increasing our dependence on foreign “green energy”, specifically from China. It’s sad that’s a winning argument for some because it makes them feel good. Logic be damned.

They don't give shiat what you are paying at the pump and how much their polices are hurting folks. They keep saying "Green energy" like it's the magic bullet to everything....

Considering we can only produce 55-60% of our daily oil use and must import the rest, what is your alternative to investing in wind, solar and battery technologies? Seems pretty smart to me…

Reactions: HarryDawg'95

Ask the stupid twat where the energy is going to come from, how will it be stored, how it will be delivered and how will old batteries be disposed. Also, ask the dumb f*ck how she proposes clearing a 10 mile long traffic jam when 1,000 vehicles go dead in an ice storm.

Considering we can only produce 55-60% of our daily oil use and must import the rest, what is your alternative to investing in wind, solar and battery technologies? Seems pretty smart to me…
When it is dark in your future house because the wind isn’t blowing and it is cloudy I look forward to your revised thoughts.

Green Energy that they dont even have ...insane, are they listening to anyone? ..they think that the entire country lives in a large city and can ride a bicycle to work...degression degression degression, that's all this administration can produce...i cant wait til this Nov!

Green Energy that they dont even have ...insane, are they listening to anyone? ..they think that the entire country lives in a large city and can ride a bicycle to work...degression degression degression, that's all this administration can produce...i cant wait til this Nov!
Sadly this is driven by the UN and the Dems are doing all of this intentionally. I hate to say it but I don’t know how much opposition there is in the alternative party either. Hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: cherrydawg
You guys have to have a 76 iq. It is fine if we plan on going green but we need to utilizing our own energy resources in the meantime. Shutting down our own pipelines and becoming more dependent on foreign oil while working on a dream that is 20 years away is beyond stupid.

You guys have to have a 76 iq. It is fine if we plan on going green but we need to utilizing our own energy resources in the meantime. Shutting down our own pipelines and becoming more dependent on foreign oil while working on a dream that is 20 years away is beyond stupid.
I actually decided not to respond to that post for fear of what I would say. This hurts Russia. But also in the process might help some people here in the meantime. Who can use a little relief at the pump. It doesn’t stop the investment in green energy. They only thing it will do is upset the green lobby. So the needs of the few out weigh some help for all of us.

$10 gas makes electric vehicles attractive to car buyers. Putin is helping Biden get it there. Green energy doesn’t work when gas is cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackpug6
As stated the efficiency of these other sources of power are still years away from offsetting our dependency on petroleum products. (Everyone thinks only in terms of gasoline but there is so much more to it) But as for your statement that we can only produce 55-60%…that’s not totally true. See excerpt below. Plus, stopping our self sustaining supply lines, such as Keystone, while increasing our competitors ability to supply seems self defeating. We need to work on alternative clean methods, but not put ourselves in a deficit in the meantime.

The United States became a net annual petroleum exporter in 2020​

In 2020, the United States exported about 8.51 MMb/d and imported about 7.86 MMb/d of petroleum1, making the United States a net annual petroleum exporter for the first time since at least 1949. Also in 2020, the United States produced2 about 18.40 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum, and consumed3 about 18.12 MMb/d. Even though in 2020, total U.S. annual petroleum production was greater than total petroleum consumption and exports were greater than imports, the United States still imported some crude oil and petroleum products from other countries to help to supply domestic demand for petroleum and to supply international markets.
The United States remained a net crude oilimporter in 2020, importing nearly 5.88 MMb/d and exporting about 3.18 MMb/d. However, some of the crude oil that the U.S. imports is refined by U.S. refineries into petroleum products—such as gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, and jet fuel—that the U.S. exports. Also, some of imported petroleum may be stored and subsequently exported.

Let me see if I have this right. We’re going to reduce our dependence on foreign oil by increasing our dependence on foreign “green energy”, specifically from China. It’s sad that’s a winning argument for some because it makes them feel good. Logic be damned.

and this is not a passive sort of statement - the Biden administration has made deliberate policy and trade decisions in the last month to promote Chinese solar manufacturing, at the expense of American manufacturers.

and they are getting their way - one of the largest solar Manufacturing facilities in the US in Huntsville, Alabama, owned by LG, announced last week they are closing, and laying everyone off.

its truly astounding.

Biden is unequivocally trading a dependence on OPEC oil, for Chinese solar

no one is arguing about a diversified basket of technologies - but ALL of that green technology, is coming from China. this admin is making DELIBERATE decisions to cede all that manufacturing to China. Biden's vision of a "clean energy economy" is a host of temporarily-employed contract-based, no benefits day-laborers, installing solar panels.

he has given in to the China/Utility lobby, and pushing for Chinese solar, supplied from forced labor in Xinjiang. Hell, even the President of the AFL has come out against him on this.

So we should start investing in 20 years or now?

So we should start investing in 20 years or now?
you really dont know what you are talking about - for all 4 years of the trump administration, investment into solar installation, specifically, was the largest category of new energy development in this country. In fact, ALL ofthe new utility generation that came on line in the last 18 months of the Trump admin was solar.

at the same time, we were fully energy independent. A comprehensive national energy strategy includes a diversified mix - INCLUDING oil and gas, plus renewables. No one - literally NO ONE that understands energy strategy will tell you that renewables are any where close to being able to be the sole provider. however, the current admin is turning oil and gas off, and is reliant on China for its renewables.

If you want to see how this utopian dream plays out: look at Germany, France, and Italy. They now export/sell their excess daytime solar to neighboring countries at sub-cost-to-produce prices, and then in Non-peak generating hours, are having to pay premium prices to IMPORT electricity cross-border since their solar fields are not generating.

In Italy, who for 8ish years paid farmers to tear up their crop fields, and put in solar - the economics are so upside down, that they now have to TAX the same farmers for the solar they are paying them for.

This doesn't even begin to touch the stupidity of a renewables supply chain that is effectively wholly dependent on China. guess where about 70% of the worlds solar polysilicon comes from? how about 80% of the worlds solar panel production? 85%+ of the worlds lithium-ion battery production? who owns mineral rights to over 90% of the earth's rare-earth materials? do you see anything at all wrong with this picture???

quit reading the Mother Jones talking points, and do some real research.

no one is arguing about a diversified basket of technologies - but ALL of that green technology, is coming from China. this admin is making DELIBERATE decisions to cede all that manufacturing to China. Biden's vision of a "clean energy economy" is a host of temporarily-employed contract-based, no benefits day-laborers, installing solar panels.

he has given in to the China/Utility lobby, and pushing for Chinese solar, supplied from forced labor in Xinjiang. Hell, even the President of the AFL has come out against him on this.
China has been winning the race to produce solar panels for 20+ years and that's not changing. They produce 71% of the global supply versus the US at 3%...that's not going to dramatically shift anytime in the near future no matter what the US invests.

A comprehensive national energy strategy includes a diversified mix - INCLUDING oil and gas, plus renewables. No one - literally NO ONE that understands energy strategy will tell you that renewables are any where close to being able to be the sole provider.
Certainly not arguing against this. We should have a comprehensive strategy for our future energy uses and as technology in renewals advances, we should gradually replace as much fossil fuel as possible to be less reliant on any foreign countries. And that is a liberal policy.

As stated the efficiency of these other sources of power are still years away from offsetting our dependency on petroleum products. (Everyone thinks only in terms of gasoline but there is so much more to it) But as for your statement that we can only produce 55-60%…that’s not totally true. See excerpt below. Plus, stopping our self sustaining supply lines, such as Keystone, while increasing our competitors ability to supply seems self defeating. We need to work on alternative clean methods, but not put ourselves in a deficit in the meantime.
It was a little confusing and I used the wrong numbers as a lot of places don't distinguish oil and petroleum specifically. We produce about 60% of the 18M barrels of petroleum we use via oil or about 11.5M barrels per day. The rest is natural gas, biofuels, etc. We were a net exporter of petroleum in 2020, mainly because Obama signed the 2015 Energy Bill, which allowed US producers (mainly frackers) to export their oil for the first time. We went from exporting nothing to 3.2M bbl/day of oil in roughly 5 years, which is why we are a net exporter for the first time since the 1940s.

China has been winning the race to produce solar panels for 20+ years and that's not changing. They produce 71% of the global supply versus the US at 3%...that's not going to dramatically shift anytime in the near future no matter what the US invests.
I'm well aware. and go back a few years and read the China 2025 plan - where they laid out for the world to see, the industries they were going to take over - solar, battery technology, medical devices and AI among them. then follow their path of subsidation and the use of forced labor, to illegally dominate and crush nation's industries.

Go back to 2011, and then look at China's % of the world solar production (less than 15% ). it trailed both the EU and the US. and then look at the 2012 market price collapse, when China scaled up almost twice as much capacity as global demand, subsidized further, to cover their industry dumping on the world stage.

Then look in 2012, when the Chinese PLA was indicted for hacking that stole secrets from German/US-Solar World, on their next generation technology, and the subsequent roll out of that technology in a matter of months by all major Chinese players - at fractional prices. then go study Xinjiang, and the slave labor camps, and genocide, and the entire cities China built for its polysilicon industry (all staffed with slave labor)

now go look at what is left of the European solar industry. there is none. then go look at the number of US companies in the space that were either closed or driven into bankruptcy, unable to compete with dumped prices from China. The number was about 30.

Then look at who put tariffs on China to fight the illegal dumping: the EU, India, the US, Canada, Brazil... so yes, they are winning the race, using illegal tactics and slave labor, and they have no intention, thru any means necessary, of letting anyone else upset their hegemony on global markets - because they WANT to control the global energy supply.

This is the country you would have us stake our energy security on... they have very intentionally created the next generation of OPEC, except its 1 country, controlled by the CCP.

Certainly not arguing against this. We should have a comprehensive strategy for our future energy uses and as technology in renewals advances, we should gradually replace as much fossil fuel as possible to be less reliant on any foreign countries. And that is a liberal policy.
no, its not liberal policy. Liberal Policy is to UTILIZE those sources. it is not to MANUFACTURE those sources. Liberal Policy has us becoming a near-100% importer of foreign-produced energy generators.

Nor is there anything gradual about it.

It was a little confusing and I used the wrong numbers as a lot of places don't distinguish oil and petroleum specifically. We produce about 60% of the 18M barrels of petroleum we use via oil or about 11.5M barrels per day. The rest is natural gas, biofuels, etc. We were a net exporter of petroleum in 2020, mainly because Obama signed the 2015 Energy Bill, which allowed US producers (mainly frackers) to export their oil for the first time. We went from exporting nothing to 3.2M bbl/day of oil in roughly 5 years, which is why we are a net exporter for the first time since the 1940s.
I understand. But keep in mind some of the oil we import is for the purpose of developing other petroleum products which we were then (in 2020) exporting at a surplus. I’m not saying your point has no merit but it is important to look at the products as a whole.

If we weren’t producing the other products we wouldn’t need as much international oil. If we were developing our own supply lines we wouldn’t need as much international oil. Take those two variables into the equation and suddenly we are probably self sufficient.

$10 gas makes electric vehicles attractive to car buyers. Putin is helping Biden get it there. Green energy doesn’t work when gas is cheap.
Except for the fact that we need lithium mined for the batteries (which is very far from renewable); and our current sources for producing enough electricity to charge these stupid cars is coal, natural gas, nuclear, and hydro (which happens to destroy copious amounts of natural ecosystems).

Considering that 18 months ago we were producing 100% of our daily use and profiting from the export of the remainder; I would conclude that one would have to be either completely ignorant, or else married to a certain ideology to think we need the fairy-tale, rainbow, ineffective energy source of solar and wind to even be a part of an intelligent discussion regarding our nation’s energy policy.

Considering that 18 months ago we were producing 100% of our daily use and profiting from the export of the remainder; I would conclude that one would have to be either completely ignorant, or else married to a certain ideology to think we need the fairy-tale, rainbow, ineffective energy source of solar and wind to even be a part of an intelligent discussion regarding our nation’s energy policy.
Replying to my own post… yeah, solar, wind, algae it’s great. It’s great if you want to dedicate a million man hours and a thousand acres to powering a space heater. Otherwise, it’s stupid. We know the energy sources that work. The “green” ones require the ones that work too.

Reactions: oldmandawg
Ah yes, the most powerful source of energy in the solar system, the sun, we should never think of a way to use that for energy…what a bunch of morons!

Reactions: rednblack4life
Ah yes, the most powerful source of energy in the solar system, the sun, we should never think of a way to use that for energy…what a bunch of morons!
The sun can produce energy IF you don't have rainy or snow days , then no power , some sections of the country would be in trouble during the winter ...not good . The same applies to wind , no wind no power . Now you punt !

The sun can produce energy IF you don't have rainy or snow days , then no power , some sections of the country would be in trouble during the winter ...not good . The same applies to wind , no wind no power . Now you punt !
And imagine energy storage technology continues to innovate like it has for the last 10 years with the price falling 85%…and with lithium we aren’t beholden to China…

The idea that we are at this standstill in terms of innovation in green technologies is ridiculous. Smart people will continue to solve problems and innovate - bringing these technologies into the mainstream.

And imagine energy storage technology continues to innovate like it has for the last 10 years with the price falling 85%…and with lithium we aren’t beholden to China

The idea that we are at this standstill in terms of innovation in green technologies is ridiculous. Smart people will continue to solve problems and innovate - bringing these technologies into the mainstream.
dear Lord - do you only read AOC's manifestos?

China DOMINATES Lithium and Storage technology - its worse than solar..... by 2029, the US is expected to have 3 Li battery megafactories - to China's 88!!!!!

either educate yourself or just stop, please,, your desires are admirable, but you simply have no idea what you are talking about...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT