ADVERTISEMENT

BYU confirms: No evidence of racial slur at volleyball game

MassachusettsDawg

Resident Masshole
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2017
Titletown
Cliff notes for those of you who haven't followed along too closely: During their recent match against BYU in Provo, a black Duke volleyball player named Rachel Richardson was allegedly called the "n-word" several times while she was serving.

This claim was made by Richardson's godmother, Lesa Pamplin, who herself has a lengthy and well-documented history of being racist. She is also running for political office in Texas, and is in the midst of a tense race.

BYU rushed to a quick PR move and issued an apology, and claimed to identify the man who hurled the racial slurs. However, there were cameras on the alleged perpetrator's seat for the duration of the match, and there were instances when he wasn't even in his seat at the time he allegedly used the racial slurs.

Richardson was also the ONLY person who heard this. No other teammate corroborated her claims (several of whom are also black), and even BYU basketball players standing a few feet away from both Richardson and the fan reported not hearing anything.

Now, BYU finally admits that they were wrong to rush into their actions.

Very good Twitter thread here that exposed this hoax a week ago.

Pamplin's history of racist comments on Twitter.

Last edited:
Duke responded in a statement saying it "unequivocally" stands with its team, but did not outwardly address BYU's findings:

"The 18 members of the Duke University volleyball team are exceptionally strong women who represent themselves, their families, and Duke University with the utmost integrity. We unequivocally stand with and champion them, especially when their character is called into question. Duke Athletics believes in respect, equality and inclusiveness, and we do not tolerate hate and bias."

So, Duke stands by you, even when you are a proven liar. What an amazing University, to stand "unequivocally" beside ALL its Athletes? oh, yea,, but what about that other thing....

I'm guessing the 3 falsely accused male lacrosse players would have liked to have heard that from the University.

Of course, a jury agreed with the 3 - and Duke University was compelled to make them $60M richer.

Smh....

Who needs facts?
People hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe.

The family making the accusation is still saying slurs were heard, even though:

Teammates didn't hear anything
Video doesnt show anything
Police stationed near the bench didnt hear anything.

Why do we keep having racial issues? One reason is people keep inventing them

Last edited:
BYU = Blacks Yelling Untruths
Considering how Mormons historically view blacks, I don’t think she was lying at all. NBA players complain all the time about getting heckled in Utah. But if BYU says no evidence, case closed I guess?

Considering how Mormons historically view blacks, I don’t think she was lying at all. NBA players complain all the time about getting heckled in Utah. But if BYU says no evidence, case closed I guess?
“Case closed i guess “,what a whimsy ass statement. But

see, this is a shocker,,, Coco doesn't think she is lying. a little thing like lacking even a single piece of evidence be damned. you did read that not a single Duke player or official who was nearby corroborated it either, right?

Esteemed members of the Chat - we have now uncovered Coco's true identity - I give you Al Sharpton, ladies and gentlemen!

and this is what wrong with our country
folks have investigated the whole thing and nothing was found.
why didnt her teammates hear it?
the woke left wants so bad for racism to be in this country
nba players complaining now thats something you dont hear every day.'
lebron still got china flags all over his house?

see, this is a shocker,,, Coco doesn't think she is lying. a little thing like lacking even a single piece of evidence be damned. you did read that not a single Duke player or official who was nearby corroborated it either, right?

Esteemed members of the Chat - we have now uncovered Coco's true identity - I give you Al Sharpton, ladies and gentlemen!
exactly
woke to no end and very sad

Reactions: cherrydawg
and this is what wrong with our country
folks have investigated the whole thing and nothing was found.
why didnt her teammates hear it?
the woke left wants so bad for racism to be in this country
nba players complaining now thats something you dont hear every day.'
lebron still got china flags all over his house?

There is a LOT of money to be made off racism.

For example, imagine if this family brings a civil suit vs BYU.

Do you think BYU wants to go to court, in a racial discrimination case? Of course not. Who wants their name associated with that??

They would settle, out of court, for big bucks.

Do you think BYU wants to go to court, in a racial discrimination case? Of course not. Who wants their name associated with that??

Adult question. Why would they sue? And why would BYU settle over something that didn’t happen?

Adult question. Why would they sue? And why would BYU settle over something that didn’t happen?
Adult, cynical reply.

people sue every single day, knowing full well the other party is not guilty of anything. It’s economic calculus. Consider:

1) typically, there is no reputational downside to the plaintiff, since the plaintiff usually doesn’t care what anyone thinks about them.

2) there is no economic downside to the plaintiff, since any case that is brought would almost certainly be brought on fee contingency based on victory.

3) plaintiff attorneys in this sort of case are either ideologues and/or high risk/high reward money-driven, and will absolutely oversell the merits of the case to convince plaintiffs to file

4) plaintiff and their attorneys know that there is a) huge reputational Risks to the defendant , and b) huge economic risks to the defendants. - which creates incentive for a pre-trial settlement

5) defendants know 4, and they know we live in a culture of guilty until proven innocent, especially when there is a size/power disparity between defendant and plaintiff - another incentive for settlement.

6) in many cases, the cost of settlement is less than the cost of going thru a trial.

so, the sad reality - it’s not about justice, it’s just another business deal. That would be the dominant argument for tort reform.

Reactions: cherrydawg
Cliff notes for those of you who haven't followed along too closely: During their recent match against BYU in Provo, a black Duke volleyball player named Rachel Richardson was allegedly called the "n-word" several times while she was serving.

This claim was made by Richardson's godmother, Lesa Pamplin, who herself has a lengthy and well-documented history of being racist. She is also running for political office in Texas, and is in the midst of a tense race.

BYU rushed to a quick PR move and issued an apology, and claimed to identify the man who hurled the racial slurs. However, there were cameras on the alleged perpetrator's seat for the duration of the match, and there were instances when he wasn't even in his seat at the time he allegedly used the racial slurs.

Richardson was also the ONLY person who heard this. No other teammate corroborated her claims (several of whom are also black), and even BYU basketball players standing a few feet away from both Richardson and the fan reported not hearing anything.

Now, BYU finally admits that they were wrong to rush into their actions.

Very good Twitter thread here that exposed this hoax a week ago.

Pamplin's history of racist comments on Twitter.

Nothing like fabricated hate stories to advance an agenda. It's really just mind over matter, we no longer mind because you don't matter.

very sad what the left wants to push
cnn all day racism

I just used this specific case as an example, I'm not suggesting the family would/should sue.

Another family in a similar situation might sue, in hopes of getting a settlement.

The innocent party would settle, to avoid the publicity/embarrassment of a racial discrimination suit, even if the facts are on your side. It would take time and money to defend. Much easier to settle, include a "no admission of fault" clause and move on.

I just used this specific case as an example, I'm not suggesting the family would/should sue.

Another family in a similar situation might sue, in hopes of getting a settlement.

The innocent party would settle, to avoid the publicity/embarrassment of a racial discrimination suit, even if the facts are on your side. It would take time and money to defend. Much easier to settle, include a "no admission of fault" clause and move on.
this is our new America
racism every where you go according to the woke left

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Adult, cynical reply.

people sue every single day, knowing full well the other party is not guilty of anything. It’s economic calculus. Consider:

1) typically, there is no reputational downside to the plaintiff, since the plaintiff usually doesn’t care what anyone thinks about them.

2) there is no economic downside to the plaintiff, since any case that is brought would almost certainly be brought on fee contingency based on victory.

3) plaintiff attorneys in this sort of case are either ideologues and/or high risk/high reward money-driven, and will absolutely oversell the merits of the case to convince plaintiffs to file

4) plaintiff and their attorneys know that there is a) huge reputational Risks to the defendant , and b) huge economic risks to the defendants. - which creates incentive for a pre-trial settlement

5) defendants know 4, and they know we live in a culture of guilty until proven innocent, especially when there is a size/power disparity between defendant and plaintiff - another incentive for settlement.

6) in many cases, the cost of settlement is less than the cost of going thru a trial.

so, the sad reality - it’s not about justice, it’s just another business deal. That would be the dominant argument for tort reform.
All that is understood.

My point was stated poorly.

My question was ideological. More of a commentary on our society.

All that is understood.

My point was stated poorly.

My question was ideological. More of a commentary on our society.
in that case, I completely agree with the inferences in your commentary!

He is a total aas on here no one can constantlysound this stupid so he is either a kid not knowing how life really is. I guessing the butthole route.either way he is dangerous to our country.
Or, he really is Al Sharpton..

She has bigger problems:
There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
Proverbs 6:16-19

Are the Duke staffers and her teammates, who didn't hear anything either, in on the cover up?

Don't forget the BYU basketball team (comprised of mostly black players) and Stanford AD (a black man, whose daughter also plays for Duke), all of whom were only a few feet away from both Richardson and the fan, and stated that they didn't hear anything either.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Don't forget the BYU basketball team (comprised of mostly black players) and Stanford AD (a black man, whose daughter also plays for Duke), all of whom were only a few feet away from both Richardson and the fan, and stated that they didn't hear anything either.
Don Lemon reported she was “called the N word every time she served”. And didn’t you read what coco said about Mormons. So it’s got to be true

The narrative is only good if they can blame white Christian conservatives.

Reactions: MassachusettsDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT