ADVERTISEMENT

Fairly Surprised at the consensus of legal experts on Trump cases........

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
I watched snippets from several shows on Sunday, Not 100%, but most seem to agree on the following:

1. Judge in the Atlanta case is in way over his head and should have shut her (Willis) down during her testimony
2. No one believes the story about the cash transactions between Wade and Willis
3. Most believe both will be thrown off the case (probably 75% or so)
4. Willis using the race card at the church speech really had some interesting takes but most feel it will not cause it to be moved from Fulton County (If i were defense i could jump up and down on this one and try to have it moved to Polk county....)
5. The judge in the NY ruling went way overboard and into uncharted territory, even the CNBC expert said this had little if any legal merit to stand. (ie amount and ban on doing business)
6. On legal merits Trump should win the NY Criminal case
7. Trump is in legal jeopardy in the Washington Case without some intervention by SCOTUS ruling about immunity. (Jury, evidence and judge)
8. Jack Smith will do everything possible to try the Washington case in late summer or Fall following the NY Criminal Case.

Nothing above surprises me, just surprised that most legal experts and pundits were in such agreement. One more shout out to Media Buzz (Howard Kurtz) for weekly trying to show both sides of the argument without huge bias takes...........

I watched snippets from several shows on Sunday, Not 100%, but most seem to agree on the following:

1. Judge in the Atlanta case is in way over his head and should have shut her (Willis) down during her testimony
2. No one believes the story about the cash transactions between Wade and Willis
4. Willis using the race card at the church speech really had some interesting takes but most feel it will not cause it to be moved from Fulton County (If i were defense i could jump up and down on this one and try to have it moved to Polk county....)
5. The judge in the NY ruling went way overboard and into uncharted territory, even the CNBC expert said this had little if any legal merit to stand. (ie amount and ban on doing business)
7. Trump is in legal jeopardy in the Washington Case without some intervention by SCOTUS ruling about immunity. (Jury, evidence and judge)
8. Jack Smith will do everything possible to try the Washington case in late summer or Fall following the NY Criminal Case.

Nothing above surprises me, just surprised that most legal experts and pundits were in such agreement. One more shout out to Media Buzz (Howard Kurtz) for weekly trying to show both sides of the argument without huge bias takes...........
With all due respect, what channel did you watch? I didn't see any of them, but I don't think she'll be disqualified. I don't see how Fani's smarmy and unethical behavior and unprofessionalism translates into a conflict that harms these defendants. I think the judge will admonish her but keep her on.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
With all due respect, what channel did you watch? I didn't see any of them, but I don't think she'll be disqualified. I don't see how Fani's smarmy and unethical behavior and unprofessionalism translates into a conflict that harms these defendants. I think the judge will admonish her but keep her on.
I saw some CNN, Fox, Meghan Kelley and Oriley - most had 2 points of view, above seemed to be the consensus but we shall aee

“(If i were defense i could jump up and down on this one and try to have it moved to Polk county....)”

LMAO, the Republic of Polk. It’s so close to Alabama, Alabama rubbed off on it.

I have seen several Democrat lawyers absolutely crush the recent verdict in ny. One guy called in nothing short of a circus.

Trump is completely cooked on the classified documents case.

Reactions: celticdawg
Orange man bad!
Why do Trumpers belittle themselves with this kind of chatter?

Trump is on tape admitting he didn't declassify the documents, admitting he shouldn't be showing them around, with a room full of witnesses that he did so. It's called textbook "consciousness of guilt."

His staff is on tape moving the boxes to prevent their discovery.

20 year old privates in the military have gone to prison for years for far less.

So, if you insist... yeah, Orange Man bad in this case.

Trump is on tape admitting he didn't declassify the documents, admitting he shouldn't be showing them around, with a room full of witnesses that he did so. It's called textbook "consciousness of guilt."

20 year old privates in the military have gone to prison for years for far less.

cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug

can't comment on the NY stuff because I'm not well-versed on it, but the Fulton County deal seems pretty straight forward to me (I know multiple involved parties on a personal level).

I think the judge oughta recuse her

Really my only issue with this is the Clinton sock drawer precedent and that the FBI felt the need to send in the SWAT team to make a scene for the media. This is banana republic stuff. Trump held classified docs without a doubt, what democrat's didn't and why is this different is the question?

TDS rages on. It's comical, and sad.

ok. I guess the same legal bar established or reasoning will be used as with Biden. Biden was too senile to be convicted. And his classified documents hiding was much worse, for a much longer period of time, and multiple locations. So Trump IS cognizant enough so he is cooked. Sounds right.

Last edited:
Really my only issue with this is the Clinton sock drawer precedent and that the FBI felt the need to send in the SWAT team to make a scene for the media. This is banana republic stuff. Trump held classified docs without a doubt, what democrat's didn't and why is this different is the question?
There is no comparison between the "sock drawer" thing and this. It's apples and cantaloupes.

The Presidential Records Act specifically allows presidents to keep personal recordings generated by personal effort as personal records within reason. None of those were officially marked as classified or generated by other government agencies (which are clearly not personal records in any way).

Trump kept dozens upon dozens of highly classified documents that were in no shape or form personal records. He was given multiple chances to return them. He lied and obstructed and willfully tried to mislead. He had already shown he would move the documents if given any heads up so a raid was justified.

The banana republic stuff is as much or more the absolute idiocy and arrogance of Trump as what Dems do (and they are often idiots as well).

ok. I guess the same legal bar established or reasoning will be used as with Biden. Biden was to senile to be convicted. And his classified documents hiding was much worse and for a much longer period of time. So Trump IS cognizant enough so he is cooked. Sounds right.
Please explain how Biden and Trump situations are the same, in detail.

And I understand the seeming parallels. But nuances matter.

And in the end even if they are 100% the same (they are not) letting Trump walk for such an egregious and willful violation of law (when he was given many chances to just return the documents with no consequences) is more about the hypocrisy of Trump Admin putting privates in jail for 5 years for showing 1 classified document (that happened).while Trump gets to walk for showing much more and being caught on tape doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: poochpup
TDS rages on. It's comical, and sad.
Calling everyone who has an issue with Trump "TDS" is dumber than a box of hair. I voted for him (reluctantly but actually) in 2016 and 2020.

But because Trump is on tape saying "I didn't declassify these, and I shouldn't be showing them around, but here look at these classified war planning documents" that makes a person deranged for saying he's almost certainly guilty?

Trump is a raging, idiotic dumbass who brings on himself most of what happens to him but yet somehow has a loyal army of sycophants who internet ass slap each other every time they can post "TDS!" or "Orange Man Bad."

What are you saying? Maybe the brain is running slow today.
They use that language/chatter because they cannot come to terms with the legitimate criticisms of Trump. If you’re not 100% in, you’re out, as evidenced by him saying Haley supporters who have likely been Republicans and conservative for decades don’t have a place in the GOP now.

Any criticism of Trump and you’re liberal, TDS, hate America, etc. Lack of critical thinking shouldn’t be so popular but here we are

Reactions: BigDaddyDawgBreath
They use that language/chatter because they cannot come to terms with the legitimate criticisms of Trump. If you’re not 100% in, you’re out, as evidenced by him saying Haley supporters who have likely been Republicans and conservative for decades don’t have a place in the GOP now.

Any criticism of Trump and you’re liberal, TDS, hate America, etc. Lack of critical thinking shouldn’t be so popular but here we are
Not true… he has plenty of faults, just like all of us man… but just like I choose to look past the fact that most all the bosses I’ve had in my life are Type A cocky assholes… I chose to look past his faults… why?… because it takes those kind of people to get things done… at the end of the day, those arrogant bosses behaviors and styles have helped me and my family pay the bills and live a good life… I try to see things from your side and convince myself he such a bad guy, but I just don’t care if he’s a jerk, fake tanned, etc. as long as he’s doing what’s best for the country… the fact that so many just can’t see thru the fog with Trump is amazing… get over yourself and your feelings… I guarantee I’d lose my mind if I worked directly for the guy and had to listen to his BS all day, but I don’t… you don’t work for him, he works for you… get over it and wake up… open your eyes to what’s going on… I’d much rather have him as president than open boarders, inflation, increased crime, etc… TDS raging… mask up…

Calling everyone who has an issue with Trump "TDS" is dumber than a box of hair. I voted for him (reluctantly but actually) in 2016 and 2020.

But because Trump is on tape saying "I didn't declassify these, and I shouldn't be showing them around, but here look at these classified war planning documents" that makes a person deranged for saying he's almost certainly guilty?

Trump is a raging, idiotic dumbass who brings on himself most of what happens to him but yet somehow has a loyal army of sycophants who internet ass slap each other every time they can post "TDS!" or "Orange Man Bad."
I’ll be the first to say he’s a lying, cut throat, jerk, but… Who else do we have that can stand up to the deep state and survive like he has?… my gawd is it not obvious that the elite folks that run the country/world don’t want him in power?… why?… that should be all we need to know… I hate he’s the only choice, but dayum these post make it sound like there’s so many other choices out there… who?… he’s the only one that can make it thru the gauntlet… the media would chew up and spit out any other Pub candidate… his personality aside, his appointments to SC alone might have saved this country (for a few more years at least) from the cliff the liberals want to take us over so they can redo this evil racist country… wake up… you don’t work for him, he works for you…

It doesn't matter. It'll take so long to get clearance for witnesses and other to even see the dox, there's no way it's coming to trial this year.

From a practical matter, if Trump is popped, what do you think is happening next? Biden and Obama will be charged. As much as I can't stand those guys, I don't want that.

Although i think Trump was VERY foolish and arrogant in the document case, he will have a sympathetic jury and judge. (much like all the Dems when they go before courts in Washington) Thus, there will be a much higher threshold to convict him. If he can prove he was holding the documents to protect himself and there appears to be really no top secret information then he might get a hung jury. i don't think he will be found innocents because he is not, but he might not be convicted either in Florida. He will be convicted in Washington if the case gets that far, they have the prosecutor, judge and jury all on same page, similar to New York regardless of the evidence or circumstance.

That's actually the only thing that he actually deserves to be presecuted for. The rest of it is all politically driven in an attempt to "rig" the election. And then Biden is guilty of the same thing and perhaps worse and isn't prosecuted due to his dementia. Can't make this stuff up.

Big daddy, I totally agree with you on the docs case. It is the one place they have him. He has to avoid that case somehow. It is different. He shared info he shouldn’t have. The doj also has to get him. Or their heads will roll. So it is all hands on deck there.

What Biden did was different. But worse imo. He had documents for forty years he had no authority to have. And worse didn’t even know he had. He went on camera after Trump was raided and said so. Ironically he had no docs there from his time as president. They don’t trust him with them. What does that say? Which is worse. Sharing plans for a battle that never happened and never will happen. Knowing you had the docs and had the ability to declassify them, or not knowing you had the docs at all. Having your crack head son drive around with them in the corvette from time to time. 🤦‍♂️ Jack smith is on the case. He has over a million docs to review. Thanks to all the irrelevant cases Trump is defending. The most relevant on will likely be postponed till after the election. We will see. They may kill somone to get it on the docket. We will never know. lol.

TDS is why I included both of you. It pisses you off big daddy because it is true. I don’t like Trump at all. But I hate Biden. I wish two new candidates were out there. But they aren’t. Do you need examples of tds. It is ownership over one’s thoughts always. It is there daily. I can give 1000’s of examples. I will start with a few here.

1. Fani Willis. Ran on getting trump. Then this week blamed him for not being able to keep it in her pants.

2. MSM will not show his speeches in their entirety or nearly at all. Because of tds. They can’t put it aside. It is breathtaking. Never happened before in our history. They also cover him every single day. And the circle jerk when he is in trouble is hilarious. The run to rub one out.

3. Letits james. The ny case is beyond insane. They got his sons for five mill apiece. They weren’t even privy to the convos. She was on camera in 2018 campaigning that she would sue Trump so many times he would be tired of hearing her name. She called him an illegitimate president. TDS six years later. He isn’t even president.

4. The fbi. Spent 40 million chasing him. Offered 1 million dollar bribes for anyone who could prove the dossier. They had to admit later they went after him when they shouldn’t have. We just wanted to get him so bad. TDS.
(Do you trust them after this if it is you when they request the docs from you, the fbi admitted this so it is a fact)

5. Biden now blaming Trump for the border issues because he said he wouldn’t vote for a bill still letting 5 thousand a day into this country, while only serving to fund Ukraine in his mind. TDS.

6. Libs here blame Trump for everything. There are very few posts where his name doesn’t come up. They will blame him for the Lincoln assassination next. Who knows.

7. Every mass shooting is a race to see if they can link the person to maga. Most times day one maga is mentioned or trump. TDS.

You guys are both super smart posters. Never really responded to you @RightAway but I do enjoy your posts. Totally off base here imo. I could Google blame Trump and post 50 articles littered with tds. I don’t like him either but the truth is the truth.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
That's actually the only thing that he actually deserves to be presecuted for. The rest of it is all politically driven in an attempt to "rig" the election. And then Biden is guilty of the same thing and perhaps worse and isn't prosecuted due to his dementia. Can't make this stuff up.
I just kind of posted the same thing below. It is like a tv show writer is having fun with America. He is allowed to stay president. But not allowed to stand trial despite red taped boxes out in the open. Even cnn fact checked his response and found five lies. He spoke for five minutes. It is breathtaking

I just kind of posted the same thing below. It is like a tv show writer is having fun with America. He is allowed to stay president. But not allowed to stand trial despite red taped boxes out in the open. Even cnn fact checked his response and found five lies. He spoke for five minutes. It is breathtaking
Great minds........

• Haha
Reactions: zingerdawg
You could argue that the context with smoke surrounding the Biden family profiting from influence on foreign policy gave Biden more motive to keep items. Trump's big problem is his idiot attitude and obstruction when called out on all this stuff. If the dude could just stay on point, Biden would never have been President in the first place.

Big daddy, I totally agree with you on the docs case. It is the one place they have him. He has to avoid that case somehow. It is different. He shared info he shouldn’t have. The doj also has to get him. Or their heads will roll. So it is all hands on deck there.

What Biden did was different. But worse imo. He had documents for forty years he had no authority to have. And worse didn’t even know he had. He went on camera after Trump was raided and said so. Ironically he had no docs there from his time as president. They don’t trust him with them. What does that say? Which is worse. Sharing plans for a battle that never happened and never will happen. Knowing you had the docs and had the ability to declassify them, or not knowing you had the docs at all. Having your crack head son drive around with them in the corvette from time to time. 🤦‍♂️ Jack smith is on the case. He has over a million docs to review. Thanks to all the irrelevant cases Trump is defending. The most relevant on will likely be postponed till after the election. We will see. They may kill somone to get it on the docket. We will never know. lol.

TDS is why I included both of you. It pisses you off big daddy because it is true. I don’t like Trump at all. But I hate Biden. I wish two new candidates were out there. But they aren’t. Do you need examples of tds. It is ownership over one’s thoughts always. It is there daily. I can give 1000’s of examples. I will start with a few here.

1. Fani Willis. Ran on getting trump. Then this week blamed him for not being able to keep it in her pants.

2. MSM will not show his speeches in their entirety or nearly at all. Because of tds. They can’t put it aside. It is breathtaking. Never happened before in our history. They also cover him every single day. And the circle jerk when he is in trouble is hilarious. The run to rub one out.

3. Letits james. The ny case is beyond insane. They got his sons for five mill apiece. They weren’t even privy to the convos. She was on camera in 2018 campaigning that she would sue Trump so many times he would be tired of hearing her name. She called him an illegitimate president. TDS six years later. He isn’t even president.

4. The fbi. Spent 40 million chasing him. Offered 1 million dollar bribes for anyone who could prove the dossier. They had to admit later they went after him when they shouldn’t have. We just wanted to get him so bad. TDS.
(Do you trust them after this if it is you when they request the docs from you, the fbi admitted this so it is a fact)

5. Biden now blaming Trump for the border issues because he said he wouldn’t vote for a bill still letting 5 thousand a day into this country, while only serving to fund Ukraine in his mind. TDS.

6. Libs here blame Trump for everything. There are very few posts where his name doesn’t come up. They will blame him for the Lincoln assassination next. Who knows.

7. Every mass shooting is a race to see if they can link the person to maga. Most times day one maga is mentioned or trump. TDS.

You guys are both super smart posters. Never really responded to you @RightAway but I do enjoy your posts. Totally off base here imo. I could Google blame Trump and post 50 articles littered with tds. I don’t like him either but the truth is the truth.
Fani Willis is a joke to the Bar and to the Fulton County taxpayers. That whole situation stinks to high heavens and I think the judge should recuse her.

I don’t know as much about the Letitia James case, but I’m not wild about law enforcement/prosecutors taking public victory laps on social media on specific cases (i.e. posting what he owes every day).

You could argue that the context with smoke surrounding the Biden family profiting from influence on foreign policy gave Biden more motive to keep items. Trump's big problem is his idiot attitude and obstruction when called out on all this stuff. If the dude could just stay on point, Biden would never have been President in the first place.

And to be clear, Trump has some degree of "guilt" in most of the other stuff as well, but if his name was John Smith instead of Donald Trump, none of it would be prosecuted much less have half billion penalty for "fraud" where no one had any monetary damage.

Fani Willis is a joke to the Bar and to the Fulton County taxpayers. That whole situation stinks to high heavens and I think the judge should recuse her.

I don’t know as much about the Letitia James case, but I’m not wild about law enforcement/prosecutors taking public victory laps on social media on specific cases (i.e. posting what he owes every day).
I will certainly defer to you when it comes to this stuff. I actually want your opinion on a few things. I know it isn’t a tds opinion. So I am curious.

The sexual assault suit. I am your client. Forget trump. A woman is suing me for something that happened in 1996. She doesn’t remember when it happened, if we actually had intercouse, or where it happened. The intercouse part obviously trump didn’t leave much of a memory there. :). Two witnesses say yep, she was there and he was there at the same time. She also said this has happened 21 other times in her life.

We have a video of the victim going on nbc and saying she feels like rape is hot. The interview was immediately cut short. She named her cat vagina. Other cats had similar sexual names. Supposedly the nickname for the cat was the “c” word. You can’t make this up. Obviously the elevator isn’t hitting the top floor. You ok with a five million dollar judgment against me there if you are my attorney. lol. The defamation he did to himself. 83 million did seem a little obsessive there. Do you see why I feel like there may be a little tds out there? If you think I am wrong my friend, you have the expertise here, I will let it go.

I will certainly defer to you when it comes to this stuff. I actually want your opinion on a few things. I know it isn’t a tds opinion. So I am curious.

The sexual assault suit. I am your client. Forget trump. A woman is suing me for something that happened in 1996. She doesn’t remember when it happened, if we actually had intercouse, or where it happened. The intercouse part obviously trump didn’t leave much of a memory there. :). Two witnesses say yep, she was there and he was there at the same time. She also said this has happened 21 other times in her life.

We have a video of the victim going on nbc and saying she feels like rape is hot. The interview was immediately cut short. She named her cat vagina. Other cats had similar sexual names. Supposedly the nickname for the cat was the “c” word. You can’t make this up. Obviously the elevator isn’t hitting the top floor. You ok with a five million dollar judgment against me there if you are my attorney. lol. The defamation he did to himself. 83 million did seem a little obsessive there. Do you see why I feel like there may be a little tds out there? If you think I am wrong my friend, you have the expertise here, I will let it go.
One of the many times I’m thrilled I don’t do civil work (and only have a handful of criminal sex cases each year). The monetary figure always seemed huge to me, but I have no clue if that’s anywhere close to normal on cases like that.

Reactions: zingerdawg

If Trump goes to prison then take Hillary and Joe with him. All or none!

Not true… he has plenty of faults, just like all of us man… but just like I choose to look past the fact that most all the bosses I’ve had in my life are Type A cocky assholes… I chose to look past his faults… why?… because it takes those kind of people to get things done… at the end of the day, those arrogant bosses behaviors and styles have helped me and my family pay the bills and live a good life… I try to see things from your side and convince myself he such a bad guy, but I just don’t care if he’s a jerk, fake tanned, etc. as long as he’s doing what’s best for the country… the fact that so many just can’t see thru the fog with Trump is amazing… get over yourself and your feelings… I guarantee I’d lose my mind if I worked directly for the guy and had to listen to his BS all day, but I don’t… you don’t work for him, he works for you… get over it and wake up… open your eyes to what’s going on… I’d much rather have him as president than open boarders, inflation, increased crime, etc… TDS raging… mask up…
You proved his point.

Over 90% of the people who worked directly for Trump refuse to support him now. Call him not just difficult but literally unhinged. Because he obviously is.

He's way, way beyond a "normal A type boss." He's looney. And he's not particularly effective either. Got lucky in 1 election eight years ago and has been losing non-stop since on almost everything.

Anyone who points out that plain reality gets labeled "TDS" or a "RINO" (by Trumpers who literally went out and bought a case of Bud Light when Trump told them to).

Biden sucks. Trump sucks. We are in a hell of a mess.

If Trump goes to prison then take Hillary and Joe with him. All or none!
Do you think I disagree?

By the way, it was Trump who hollered about prosecuting Hillary then took a walk on it. It was Trump who said "anyone who mishandles classified information is disqualified from being president."

It was Trump DOJ who put a 20-something former private in prison for 5 years for showing 1 classified document to the media.

And yet here is Trump, on tape, doing this.

He's going to be convicted, as he should be.
FyLvLteaUAAxZod

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT