ADVERTISEMENT

So Trump’s first Criminal Trial is in NY

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
This is the stormy Daniel hush money. Don’t think it is any questions it was paid, question is it illegal. Per Conservative legal commentators they think this is a VERY weak case but most likely tried before a very liberal jury and certainly liberal judge. No idea on legal merits or related, the Judge seemed happy to move it forward so advantage prosecution for sure. I’m sure Jack Smith wants to tee his Washington case right after the NY case, no way he wants to try a case in Florida.

This is the stormy Daniel hush money. Don’t think it is any questions it was paid, question is it illegal. Per Conservative legal commentators they think this is a VERY weak case but most likely tried before a very liberal jury and certainly liberal judge. No idea on legal merits or related, the Judge seemed happy to move it forward so advantage prosecution for sure. I’m sure Jack Smith wants to tee his Washington case right after the NY case, no way he wants to try a case in Florida.
I'm glad to hear you condemn the jury before they are even picked. Sounds just like Trump.

We may have some idea of the facts in the case, but one should remember that it's all what is actually presented in court and how it is presented.

I believe one of the reasons for moving it up is so that Trump is not on trial with more than one at a time.

I don't know how it will turn out. I believe a main issue is that Trump claims he was making routine payments to his attorney. Of course, if he feels he didn't get a fair trial, there is an appeals process.

I'm glad to hear you condemn the jury before they are even picked. Sounds just like Trump.

We may have some idea of the facts in the case, but one should remember that it's all what is actually presented in court and how it is presented.

I believe one of the reasons for moving it up is so that Trump is not on trial with more than one at a time.

I don't know how it will turn out. I believe a main issue is that Trump claims he was making routine payments to his attorney. Of course, if he feels he didn't get a fair trial, there is an appeals process.
Couple of comments :

1. It will be a liberal jury if trial is heard in NY city

2. The NY jury would certainly be better than a DC jury, but the NY civil cases verdicts (1st one on substance) and (2nd one on amount) would make anyone skeptical of a NY jury if the Trump name is associated with the case

3. I’m still trying to figure out how paying off your mistress is illegal. If it’s tax related, I can understand, but what’s the difference in buying jewelry and related to woo your companion. (Morality and Illegality are different)

4. This is a Trump only charge just as the other NY civil cases. The Florida case certainly has merit and I have mixed emotions/ thoughts on the Washington case, but I have hard time seeing this as anything but a political motivated hack job.

Couple of comments :

1. It will be a liberal jury if trial is heard in NY city

2. The NY jury would certainly be better than a DC jury, but the NY civil cases verdicts (1st one on substance) and (2nd one on amount) would make anyone skeptical of a NY jury if the Trump name is associated with the case

3. I’m still trying to figure out how paying off your mistress is illegal. If it’s tax related, I can understand, but what’s the difference in buying jewelry and related to woo your companion. (Morality and Illegality are different)

4. This is a Trump only charge just as the other NY civil cases. The Florida case certainly has merit and I have mixed emotions/ thoughts on the Washington case, but I have hard time seeing this as anything but a political motivated hack job.
1. Whatever - This is how the legal system works in this country. If you don't like it, then leave. There is no such thing as a jury of your peers in this day and time. In Old England it might have worked. Not having faith in our system only adds to the problems we have today.

2. See 1. A defendant doesn't get to make the rules.

3. He is being charged with 34 felony counts of falsification of business records. As I said earlier Trump is claiming he was reimbursing his former lawyer for legal expenses. (Nothing to do with the case but it might be one of the few lawyers he has paid for services). The problem is not paying the mistress per se, but how it was done.

4. Not sure what you mean by this is a Trump only charge. The grand jury indicted him and he's on trial so of course it is only him. It doesn't mean that he is guilty but it means he faces the trial and that is where we are.

Reactions: easychair
1. Whatever - This is how the legal system works in this country. If you don't like it, then leave. There is no such thing as a jury of your peers in this day and time. In Old England it might have worked. Not having faith in our system only adds to the problems we have today.

2. See 1. A defendant doesn't get to make the rules.

3. He is being charged with 34 felony counts of falsification of business records. As I said earlier Trump is claiming he was reimbursing his former lawyer for legal expenses. (Nothing to do with the case but it might be one of the few lawyers he has paid for services). The problem is not paying the mistress per se, but how it was done.

4. Not sure what you mean by this is a Trump only charge. The grand jury indicted him and he's on trial so of course it is only him. It doesn't mean that he is guilty but it means he faces the trial and that is where we are.
whatever / if you don't like it leave? Goodness, that is your response. I'm assuming most would want is an impartial jury. Move it to Wyoming County (I think that is the most conservative county in NY) and let the chips fall where they fall. I actually think if Trump gets a fair jury this case that many of the charges could go either way. Get a bunch of males on the jury, i think they might see it different than females but we shall see.

You braindead little lib sheep don’t believe he won’t get a fair trial. With nothing but radical Dem prosecutors and judges you will have nothing but libs on the jury panel. Kangaroo Court!

Reactions: ugadoc
Cohen is an admitted liar. Completely unreliable. Stormy lawyer was in prison. So what if he did pay her off? Who cares! It doesn’t mean he even did anything he just didn’t want her talking trash and upsetting his wife and the election. I couldn’t give a flying F. So Biden and his family paid multiple MILLIONS by countries that are enemies in exchange for decisions Biden made as VP(and prob some he’s making as President)
Seriously WHICH IS WORSE?? No comparison.
Remember this loser?

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT