ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain the outrage, directed at Isreal to me?

Maybe I didn't choose my words correctly.

My point was/is, saying "Maybe its time to quit" (right or wrong) is a different discussion from "You are all a bunch of baby killing war criminals!"

One conversation is drastically different from the other.
That is well said.

I see.

So you’re not debating that Israel has the moral high ground in this specific conflict, your position is that it was immoral to accept the UN Resolution which created Israel as a country and, therefore, retaliation should be expected by Palestinians?
yes.

Though I would pushback on the un resolution doing anything. Israel, like every nation, was created through the sword. The people put to the sword are going to eventually fight back.

The rage at Israel is all the work of Satan. Satan hates the first 3 chapters of Genesis and the last 3 chapters of Revelation. It tells how Satan started and how it's not going to end well for him. If Israel survives in the end (which God has promised) then Satan can not and he knows this. Jesus will come back to Jerusalem and that is what Satan is trying to stop.

I am in full support of Israel. My best friend is Jewish. The Jewish people are God's chosen people.
Genesis12:3 "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you". It is a very good idea to support the Jewish people. God has made a one way covenant with the Hebrew people that they will always be here. He also has always disciplined them. But that is their land. It is also their land legally.

When God makes a new heaven and new earth, the city of Jerusalem will have the names of t he 12 tribes of Israel on the city gates and the name of the 12 Jewish apostles on the foundation. I don't understand Believers not understanding this. BTW, I am NOT a dispensationalist. I totally reject dispensationalism.

Whenever the U.S. tries to divide the land of Israel and take away from the Jews we have a natural or financial disaster.

A summary from "Eye to Eye Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel" by William Koenig:

Over one hundred billion-dollar, record-setting catastrophes and/or events occurred while US presidents George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump were pressuring or calling on Israel to divide their covenant land.

The costliest insurance events, the costliest hurricanes, the largest tornado outbreaks, the famous “Perfect Storm,” the 9/11 terror events, and Hurricane Katrina corresponded to White House pressure on Israel to divide their land.

The US, the UN, and the EU do not have the authority to divide God’s covenant land.

Calling the Israeli-Palestinian talks “Middle East peace talks” is a false narrative.

Jews have a three-thousand-year history with Jerusalem, and Christians have a two-thousand-year history.

The biblical heartland of Israel—Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem—is not to be part of an Arab State.

The Bible declares that Jerusalem will become a burdensome stone, and efforts to divide the city and land will lead to Armageddon, the final battle for Jerusalem.

The God of Israel will continue to rebuke those leaders and their nations attempting to divide His land!

Last edited:
I could care less what Israel does, I just want to stop pretending it’s operating on a moral high ground here.
Serious question for you, what was your position to the United States' response to 9/11 from your "moral high ground" perspective? What occurred on 10/7 when the Palestinians attacked Israel is not only the same but on some levels worse given the barbarism perpetrated on innocent men, women, & children. As stated, there is absolutely no moral equivalence nor symmetry between Hamas' attack on Israel and Israel's actions to get their hostages back and destroy Hamas. I know we would respond identically, if not much more forcefully, if heaven forbid this occurred here!

There is a mentality that exists on the left that the weak should prevail over the strong based on victimhood. So, those that believe the Palestinians are victims of Israel instead of being victims of their own decisions believe Israels response to all attacks should be proportional.

It doesn't matter that pre 10/7 the Palestinians could live in peace simply by choosing to live in peace. It doesn't matter that Palestinians could live, work and thrive in Israel alongside of their Jewish population. It doesn't matter that Israel has swapped land for peace in the past only to be attacked again. It doesn't matter that Islamic jihadist hide behind women and children. All that matters is Israel became stronger, is able to defend their territory and any disproportionate response is evil.
“Those that believe Israels response to all attacks should be proportional.”
Since Palestinians have no women anybody would want to rape, Israel gets to blow up a disproportionate number of buildings, imo.

Last edited:
The rage at Israel is all the work of Satan. Satan hates the first 3 chapters of Genesis and the last 3 chapters of Revelation. It tells how Satan started and how it's not going to end well for him. If Israel survives in the end (which God has promised) then Satan can not and he knows this. Jesus will come back to Jerusalem and that is what Satan is trying to stop.

I am in full support of Israel. My best friend is Jewish. The Jewish people are God's chosen people.
Genesis12:3 "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you". It is a very good idea to support the Jewish people. God has made a one way covenant with the Hebrew people that they will always be here. He also has always disciplined them. But that is their land. It is also their land legally.

When God makes a new heaven and new earth, the city of Jerusalem will have the names of t he 12 tribes of Israel on the city gates and the name of the 12 Jewish apostles on the foundation. I don't understand Believers not understanding this. BTW, I am NOT a dispensationalist.

Whenever the U.S. tries to divide the land of Israel and take away from the Jews we have a natural or financial disaster.

A summary from "Eye to Eye Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel" by William Koenig:

Over one hundred billion-dollar, record-setting catastrophes and/or events occurred while US presidents George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump were pressuring or calling on Israel to divide their covenant land.

The costliest insurance events, the costliest hurricanes, the largest tornado outbreaks, the famous “Perfect Storm,” the 9/11 terror events, and Hurricane Katrina corresponded to White House pressure on Israel to divide their land.

The US, the UN, and the EU do not have the authority to divide God’s covenant land.

Calling the Israeli-Palestinian talks “Middle East peace talks” is a false narrative.

Jews have a three-thousand-year history with Jerusalem, and Christians have a two-thousand-year history.

The biblical heartland of Israel—Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem—is not to be part of an Arab State.

The Bible declares that Jerusalem will become a burdensome stone, and efforts to divide the city and land will lead to Armageddon, the final battle for Jerusalem.

The God of Israel will continue to rebuke those leaders and their nations attempting to divide His land!
Wonderfully educational truth bomb.

I see lots of rage, directed at Isreal, accusing them of atrocious, killing children, treating people like animals, etc.

But wasn't Isreal attacked in October?

To me, it looks like Palestinians are mad because Isreal hit back, and hit harder.

If you don't want war, don't start war.

How can anyone complain about Isreal's actions, when they are in direct response to an attack on their home?

Yes, innocent casualties are awful. But it's not as simple as the "Isreal is murdering people" narrative I see in many places.

What am I missing. Don't attack if you didn't want to fight.
Israel has not killed 1 innocent person. Terrorists who hide behind them and use them as human shields are responsible for every single casualty.

This is one of the, if not the number 1, most black and white issues on the planet

OP asked for the reason why there is outrage directed at Israel. I responded.

You asked me what I want Israel to do. I don’t care what Israel does or doesn’t do as long as it doesn’t involve us.

But we bank roll Israel and every military action it takes is only possible because of the promise that America will destroy its enemies should things get to dire, I would prefer it we quit acting like Israel is some helpless nerdy kid with glasses fighting back against its big bad bullies.
No easy answers….

But in this latest war, I don’t believe I would have started it. Coming into Israel and to murder, rape, torture and kidnap thousands of citizens is incomprehensible for me.

Israel did the right thing to strike back.

Also think that after all of this, if they want peace, they could start with releasing the hostages…..if they are still alive.

I get what you are saying about the US not getting involved……not sure that I agree though. Arguments can be made either way.

War sux, but if you don’t want one…..don’t start it.

No easy answers….

But in this latest war, I don’t believe I would have started it. Coming into Israel and to murder, rape, torture and kidnap thousands of citizens is incomprehensible for me.

Also think that after all of this, if they want peace, they could start with releasing the hostages…..if they are still alive.

I get what you are saying about the US not getting involved……not sure that I agree though. Arguments can be made either way.

Over 2 dozen US citizens were murdered by terrorists on Oct 7. That does not account for the dozen or so that were kidnapped who's fates we do not know.

I would say the US has an obligation to be involved

When God makes a new heaven and new earth, the city of Jerusalem will have the names of t he 12 tribes of Israel on the city gates and the name of the 12 Jewish apostles on the foundation. I don't understand Believers not understanding this. BTW, I am NOT a dispensationalist.

Very well stated. I would also add that the Islamic religion is a Satanic cult being used by Satan to turn people away from Jesus Christ and to foment evil and destruction towards Christians and Jews and Israel.

Over 2 dozen US citizens were murdered by terrorists on Oct 7. That does not account for the dozen or so that were kidnapped who's fates we do not know.

I would say the US has an obligation to be involved
Understood, good point.

Biden is playing both sides, not a good look. Pick a side rather than trying to win votes…..not to mention resources going to Ukraine. Just hope that China doesn’t decide to pounce on Taiwan any time soon.

War still sux, but sometimes you have no choice. Just not entirely comfortable with who we have in office.

No issue with supporting Israel, just don’t want too many irons in the fire.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
No easy answers….

The whole thing just flabbergasts me.

The Palestinians celebrated in the streets, in response to Israel's suffering.
Now that Israel has wiped out some of those streets, they cry foul.

How can you celebrate brutality, then claim victimhood?

“Those that believe Israels response to all attacks should be proportional.”
Since Palestinians have no women anybody would want to rape, Israel gets to blow up a disproportionate number of buildings, imo.
Exactly.

Far from being outraged at Israel aggression in their response, I am astounded at Israel’s restraint.

I don’t recall seeing any Palestinian babies with their heads chopped off with a garden hoe.

How many hostages has Israel kidnapped and raped?

If those were my women and children, there would already be no Gaza left.

Exactly.

Far from being outraged at Israel aggression in their response, I am astounded at Israel’s restraint.

I don’t recall seeing any Palestinian babies with their heads chopped off with a garden hoe.

How many hostages has Israel kidnapped and raped?

If those were my women and children, there would already be no Gaza left.
Agree.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Israel has not killed 1 innocent person. Terrorists who hide behind them and use them as human shields are responsible for every single casualty.

This is one of the, if not the number 1, most black and white issues on the planet
I’ll go one further. You see the cheering in streets after 10/7, right? This is what the Palestinian people want / wanted. They love the horror. They love the death.

Western minds don’t really understand people who love death.

What % of Gazans object to Hammas? Approximately 0%. They love them.

If you elect a gov’t (and I am aware that it was a takeover) whose goal is to wage war on a neighbor, and you stay there and are happy for said gov’t… do you not bear at least a little responsibility for the actions of that gov’t?

I’ll go one further. You see the cheering in streets after 10/7, right? This is what the Palestinian people want / wanted. They love the horror. They love the death.

Western minds don’t really understand people who love death.

What % of Gazans object to Hammas? Approximately 0%. They love them.

If you elect a gov’t (and I am aware that it was a takeover) whose goal is to wage war on a neighbor, and you stay there and are happy for said gov’t… do you not bear at least a little responsibility for the actions of that gov’t?
I have spent a lot of time in the vicinity of Gaza. They are not good people. Americans supporting them are a special breed of dumbass. Those celebrating 10/7 were not Hamas; they were Palestinians. All four points in your post are absolutely correct, imo.

I could care less what Israel does, I just want to stop pretending it’s operating on a moral high ground here.

Newly Declassified Video Shows U.S. Killing of 10 Civilians in Drone Strike​

The New York Times obtained footage of the botched strike in Kabul, whose victims included seven children, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

• Share full article

Newly Declassified Video Shows U.S. Killing of 10 Civilians in Drone Strike​

The New York Times obtained footage of the botched strike in Kabul, whose victims included seven children, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

• Share full article

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this?

When God makes a new heaven and new earth, the city of Jerusalem will have the names of t he 12 tribes of Israel on the city gates and the name of the 12 Jewish apostles on the foundation. I don't understand Believers not understanding this. BTW, I am NOT a dispensationalist. I totally reject dispensationalism.

Exactly. Saten knows God cannot accomplish his promises to Israel if there is no Israel. But it will never happen. Jeremiah 32:35-37 lays it all out.

Even if we presume its true.

The reflexive reaction that Israel can do no wrong is just tiresome.

If Australia wiped out New Zealand in response to a group of Kiwis attacking Australia do you think we’d be having this discussion?

Even though Australia is has been by far a greater ally to America than Israel?
I want to be on the side of God’s chosen than on the side of evil.

Reactions: wwforest
Even if we presume its true.

The reflexive reaction that Israel can do no wrong is just tiresome.

If Australia wiped out New Zealand in response to a group of Kiwis attacking Australia do you think we’d be having this discussion?

Even though Australia is has been by far a greater ally to America than Israel?
That’s bullshit!

I mean it corralled a bunch of Palestinians into a tiny land strip. Of course those people aren’t going to take that lying down.

It’s war, it’s conquest. We did the same thing to the Indians. It was great for us and I feel no shame over it but I wouldn’t expect a Norwegian to look at the conquering of the Indians and corralling them into reservations and expect him to affirm that we took the moral high ground.
That land is the historical land of Israel the Palestinians are trespassing on their land.

I want to be on the side of God’s chosen than on the side of evil.
We agree on quite a few things but we will always disagree here.

As the goal post are always you either affirm every action Israel takes or you are on the side of evil.

The reason for this is the theological disagreement between those who ascribe to the covenant theology and those who ascribe to dispensationalism.

Long story short covenant theology holds that Christians are the continuation of God’s chosen people and the third temple is wherever a church building exist. Dispensationalist believe the modern state of Israel is a necessary catalyst for Christ’s return and the Talmudic Jews are God’s chosen people.

It’s a new belief that has only existed for a century and imo it’s wrong.

As the goal post are always you either affirm every action Israel takes or you are on the side of evil.

The reason for this is the theological disagreement between those who ascribe to the covenant theology and those who ascribe to dispensationalism.

Long story short covenant theology holds that Christians are the continuation of God’s chosen people and the third temple is wherever a church building exist. Dispensationalist believe the modern state of Israel is a necessary catalyst for Christ’s return and the Talmudic Jews are God’s chosen people.

It’s a new belief that has only existed for a century and imo it’s wrong.
I very much support the Jewish people, yet I am neither covenant nor a dispensationalist.

It is possible to just be a Believer and support the Jewish people.

It’s a new belief that has only existed for a century and imo
I am a dispensationalist and I believe scripture supports that view. I do realize that I'm in the minority on that view. But I can't help it that most are wrong.🤣

I see lots of rage, directed at Israel, accusing them of atrocities, killing children, treating people like animals, etc.

But wasn't Israel attacked in October?

To me, it looks like Palestinians are mad because Israel hit back, and hit harder.

How can anyone complain about Isreal's actions, when they are in direct response to an attack on their home?

Yes, innocent casualties are awful. But it's not as simple as the "Isreal is murdering people" narrative I see in many places.

Israel ALWAYS hits back harder. Obama took the democrats this direction. In 2011 he wanted Palestine expanded to the pre-1967 borders. Then said the US commitment to Israel's security was "unshakable". Biden is doing the same double-speak. Publicly supporting Israel, privately undermining them .

Last edited:
I mean there are quite a few different camps fed up with Israel for different reasons.

The reason why a rising number of left wingers are angry at Israel is Jews are seen as white by its new revolutionaries. Whites are evil therefore Jews are evil meaning Israel is evil.

Then you have the relatively small camp on the right that believe Jews control the west and push for the eradication of western culture. They hate Israel for this reason.

Then you have the camp, which is the camp I’m in, that is fed up with (1) dispensationalism leading to the die hard support of the modern state of Israel and (2) foreign aid. I just don’t care about Israel. I wish them the best in their future wars but they shouldn’t be seeing a single cent from us and the myth that Israel is our greatest ally needs to die.

It can also get a little frustrating when people just don’t believe their lying eyes about what Israel is doing in Gaza. It’s blown well past any kind of proportional response and it will ultimately lead to America accepting millions of refugees from Palestine. Which is terrible for us.
What kind of ignorant woke response is this? Proportional? It's a war! And Israel didn't start it. In WWII, we would not accept anything less than unconditional surrender. In order to achieve that goal, we were brutal. Towards the end of the war, we bombed civilian centers. In particular, we dropped incendiary bombs on residential areas in Japan that we knew were made primarily of wood and materials that would fuel huge infernos.

Proportional?

Pppfffttt

Israel ALWAYS hits back harder. Obama took the democrat party this direction. In 2011 he wanted Palestine expanded to the pre-1967 borders. Then said the US commitment to Israel's security was "unshakable". Biden is doing the same double-speak. Publicly supporting Israel, privately undermining them .
Disinformation alert. There has never been a Palestine.

Reactions: doerunn
What kind of ignorant woke response is this? Proportional? It's a war! And Israel didn't start it. In WWII, we would not accept anything less than unconditional surrender. In order to achieve that goal, we were brutal. Towards the end of the war, we bombed civilian centers. In particular, we dropped incendiary bombs on residential areas in Japan that we knew were made primarily of wood and materials that would fuel huge infernos.

Proportional?

Pppfffttt
Hamburg also. The religious level of support Hitler and the Emperor had from their people needed to be defeated. Saved lives ultimately. Joe’s flip flopping here is solely about the “uncommitted” vote in Michigan.

While Israel is in Gaza, destroy the 300 miles of tunnels under it. Stay there as long as it takes. Iran will always restock Gaza with more Hamas militants. They'll be less dangerous without the tunnels.

Last edited:

Proportional?

Pppfffttt
Even if we presume the bombing of dresden and the policy of unconditional surrender (or even the war itself in europe) was necessary.

Israel is fighting a group that has to weld pipes together to launch mortars.

They aren't fighting the german war machine.

I see lots of rage, directed at Israel, accusing them of atrocities, killing children, treating people like animals, etc.

But wasn't Israel attacked in October?

To me, it looks like Palestinians are mad because Israel hit back, and hit harder.

The main issue is that we have a Muslim population in the millions in siege in gaza that are not allowed to be refugees with terrorists among them,.... typically city dwellers flee warfare,...but people of gaza can go nowhere,...the people of gaza need somewhere to flee and it is not only the fault of Israel and USA,...but Egypt, Jordan and nearby nations to provide sanctuary,...many countries can provide an answer not just the USA

You can also put a lot of blame on George W. Bush. In August 2005 he forced the Israelis to abandon Gaza and leave their homes and businesses, thus giving the Israelis land away. They should have never been forced to leave to support Bush's land for peace deal. The day they left Gaza Hurricane Katrina formed off the African coast. And there has yet to be peace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT