ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19

4 fingers up. Crap is utterly depressing as heck. Never in my mind did I ever imagine anything like this ever happening. It's just mind blowing. Totally shocking. They need to mass-produce the Chloroquine and Z-Pak's and give it to everybody that tests positive. Gone in 5 days. Stop the slow play. I went to Southeast Asia a few years back. Stuff is safe.

Its just amazing to me that we've destroyed the economy because 15k people have died in a planet of 7 billion. No one wants anyone to die, but , we're humans, we are all going to face it. Why this time do we go overboard, this thing will never reach the level of the swine flu, yet here we are.

Its just amazing to me that we've destroyed the economy because 15k people have died in a planet of 7 billion. No one wants anyone to die, but , we're humans, we are all going to face it. Why this time do we go overboard, this thing will never reach the level of the swine flu, yet here we are.
The problem is how fast it spreads and how long the respiratory effects last. Yes it’s only killed 15K at this point. But many hospitals are running out of capacity. If you need emergency surgery for something that you have a near 100% chance of survival (your appendix ruptures, car accident, gi bleed, heart attack), you may not get that surgery because there are no resources. So, I concede the 15K/7B point, but the impact of this virus reaches far beyond that.

The problem is how fast it spreads and how long the respiratory effects last. Yes it’s only killed 15K at this point. But many hospitals are running out of capacity. If you need emergency surgery for something that you have a near 100% chance of survival (your appendix ruptures, car accident, gi bleed, heart attack), you may not get that surgery because there are no resources. So, I concede the 15K/7B point, but the impact of this virus reaches far beyond that.

We don't have that problem here. I think as usual we are way behind the curve. By the time we waste all this money and resources it will be on the way out.. No new cases in Italy in the last 24 hours.

We don't have that problem here. I think as usual we are way behind the curve. By the time we waste all this money and resources it will be on the way out.. No new cases in Italy in the last 24 hours.
Italy had over 4700 cases yesterday. The "live" chart only updates once a day for them. Check back later

The death total has already surpassed the H1N1's total. Almost 400,000 confirmed cases to the 61 million infected with swineflu

Reactions: RoyDawgMercer
Yeah their number of new cases has dropped the last couple of days. It is either a statistical anomaly or a trend. It will take a few more days to know. They still have a shi% load of new cases but if it continue to drop that is a good sign.
Absolutely. The rate has slowed but it isn’t zero new cases. A slowing rate is good news for sure

Why is everyone so concerned about Italy? This isn't Italy. This is the United States.
Exactly, because its the worst spot and they have to draw attention to the places that fit the agenda. Funny, no one is talking about china now, its Italy all day everyday. If it bleeds it leads.

Italy is old and full of smokers, their culture is one of closeness and touching, lots of hugging and kissing, and they have a direct line to China through the sale of most all of their textile factors in the North, which is where it all started for them and is the worst spot

The death total has already surpassed the H1N1's total. Almost 400,000 confirmed cases to the 61 million infected with swineflu

That’s not true at all. Just google h1n1 and look at the cdc numbers. 12,469 deaths in the US alone from h1n1. Estimated 151,000-575,000 worldwide from h1n1. Also 80% of the deaths were people UNDER 65 which is greatly different than typical seasonal flu in which the 70%-90% of deaths are over 65.

Waste of time. He's an expert.

Can't wait for this Covid - 19 thing to be over with . I'm tired of hearing about it and all the mess it's bringing .
There are just no distractions. I am still working (which I am thankful for) and helping teach kids but after that nothing else to distract. No sports to watch, little sports to discuss, Twitter is filled with updates. Trying to read and watch Netflix (shout out Lion King) but CV 19’just dominates everything.

turned 40 today. Strangest birthday you can have

There are just no distractions. I am still working (which I am thankful for) and helping teach kids but after that nothing else to distract. No sports to watch, little sports to discuss, Twitter is filled with updates. Trying to read and watch Netflix (shout out Lion King) but CV 19’just dominates everything.

turned 40 today. Strangest birthday you can have

Happy 40th!

Yes, we do. Hospitals are already being stretched thin. In NYC, they're having to find other places to build make-shift hospitals. Javits Center comes to mind. And there are many other US cities doing the same thing. Military ships on the East and West Coast are becoming available. Here in Georgia, I work for North GA Tech. College. We are already being asked by local hospitals if we have extra supplies they can use - masks, gloves, etc... They are running out. I HOPE this threat subsides soon. But we have to be ready. Over 10 days ago, Georgia had 30 cases. As of 11:07 am today, we have 803. The threat is how fast this spreads and taxes our medical facilities. Yes, it is already happening. Hope all of you guys remain safe and healthy.

Agreed...totally irrational. If we applied the same criteria to the seasonal flu, we would shut down every year.

And yes, before all the drama kings and queens weigh in, I know covid-19 is not the same as the seasonal flu, more contagious, more dangerous to elders, etc, etc.

There are also hospitals here in SC that haven’t even needed to be opened yet. So no, that problem is not everywhere. I like how NYC is always being used as an example though. Of course, one of the most populated cities with one of the highest levels of confirmed cases lol.

Reactions: LawDawg86
Yes, we do. Hospitals are already being stretched thin. In NYC, they're having to find other places to build make-shift hospitals. Javits Center comes to mind. And there are many other US cities doing the same thing. Military ships on the East and West Coast are becoming available. Here in Georgia, I work for North GA Tech. College. We are already being asked by local hospitals if we have extra supplies they can use - masks, gloves, etc... They are running out. I HOPE this threat subsides soon. But we have to be ready. Over 10 days ago, Georgia had 30 cases. As of 11:07 am today, we have 803. The threat is how fast this spreads and taxes our medical facilities. Yes, it is already happening. Hope all of you guys remain safe and healthy.

Here, as in where I am. NY densely populated. Of course people are going to get it, its why we've had about 50m cases of flu since oct. But all those people aren't going to the hospital. They're being told to stay home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT