ADVERTISEMENT

Covid II

Dawg 'n IT

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
Conspiracy theories started online a couple of weeks ago about new Covid lockdowns already in the works. One claimed by mid-September and another claimed sometime in December.

I know one older person who recently recovered from an infection and have heard several coworkers with children bringing illnesses home with the new school year as well as young adult children having recent illness.

Alex Jones even jumped on the bandwagon last week citing his own version of the planned lockdown theory. I saw his own version because he claims a trusted source informed him rather than the online circulating theories.

Now NBC is reporting on a specific new variant that somehow has popped up in multiple places around the world yet they don’t know if it'll spread around the world (new logic).

It's interesting that this article makes multiple references to natural immunity (without using the term) having impact on why cases have been historically low and mild in recent times.

Anyway, something is stirring, especially with new boosters on the horizon. How many have kept up with their boosters the past 18 months or so? For those who stopped getting boosters, are you planning to restart when the new ones are available soon?

Interesting times and timing.

Conspiracy theories started online a couple of weeks ago about new Covid lockdowns already in the works. One claimed by mid-September and another claimed sometime in December.

I know one older person who recently recovered from an infection and have heard several coworkers with children bringing illnesses home with the new school year as well as young adult children having recent illness.

Alex Jones even jumped on the bandwagon last week citing his own version of the planned lockdown theory. I saw his own version because he claims a trusted source informed him rather than the online circulating theories.

Now NBC is reporting on a specific new variant that somehow has popped up in multiple places around the world yet they don’t know if it'll spread around the world (new logic).

It's interesting that this article makes multiple references to natural immunity (without using the term) having impact on why cases have been historically low and mild in recent times.

Anyway, something is stirring, especially with new boosters on the horizon. How many have kept up with their boosters the past 18 months or so? For those who stopped getting boosters, are you planning to restart when the new ones are available soon?

Never got the vaccine.

Timing? Hmmmmmmmm.

Should I start wearing my magic mask under my nose like everyone else does?

I will get the vaccine based on what the data shows. For those who think the current rise in cases is artificial, the rising number people in ICUs is a reliable statistic.

I will get my first booster in almost two years if it demonstrates effectiveness against the dominant strain, but that looks unlikely as it mutates so fast the vaccines cannot keep up. For example, the current vaccine is two strains behind and the one coming out in the fall is for a strain that is in decline now.

It’s the same decision process I use for flu vaccines and thats pretty much what covid has become.

Despite what Alex Jones and the other right wing kooks say, there won’t be anymore lockdowns unless there is a major change in pathogenicity/severity. That hasn’t happened since covid began and is highly unlikely.

I know my answer is not as exciting as theories of political motivations or conspiracies the vaccine takes more lives than it saves.

I will get the vaccine based on what the data shows. For those who think the current rise in cases is artificial, the rising number people in ICUs is a reliable statistic.

I will get my first booster in almost two years if it demonstrates effectiveness against the dominant strain, but that looks unlikely as it mutates so fast the vaccines cannot keep up. For example, the current vaccine is two strains behind and the one coming out in the fall is for a strain that is in decline now.

It’s the same decision process I use for flu vaccines and thats pretty much what covid has become.

Despite what Alex Jones and the other right wing kooks say, there won’t be anymore lockdowns unless there is a major change in pathogenicity/severity. That hasn’t happened since covid began and is highly unlikely.

I know my answer is not as exciting as theories of political motivations or conspiracies the vaccine takes more lives than it saves.
Interesting response. You speak sensibly about your assessment of the vaccine running behind, you admit to not having a booster in almost 2 years, yet you say you'll get a booster if data says it's effective against a new mutation. How is that possible if the vaccine is always behind?

How much of vaccine effectiveness was really because vaccinated people under study already had a prior infection? Since there hasn't been widespread antibody tests as compared to infection testing, the entire real-world understanding of data is flawed.

FWIW, the kooks say that the government will claim a major change in severity. Covid never went away, we achieved herd immunity because just about everyone alive today has had it regardless of their personal severity from not noticing to landing in the ICU.

So the idea is that they'll use an increase in cases along with examples of people with severe cases to push for another round of lockdowns. This is what happened the first time. It's all about amplifying a message to justify a response. How are you going to argue against that message in real-time? Either you're going to comply with what government says or you're not.

No plans for booster……MIL has kept up with them and has had Covid 3 or 4 times. She’s still “kicking like a chicken”. in an unassisted retirement home.

No plans for booster……MIL has kept up with them and has had Covid 3 or 4 times. She’s still “kicking like a chicken”. in an unassisted retirement home.

I am the only one who did not get "the china virus" at the large donut facility.
no doubt, I was exposed...
isn't that weird?
the only one...

Reactions: WGrovedawg

What donut line did you work on? May it was the sprinkles? I keeeed.

due to angry dudes wanting my hide,
must decline local.
sorry.

you can find it if you care to dig.

Reactions: bayrooster
What donut line did you work on? May it was the sprinkles? I keeeed

Sounds good. But the problem is the data. There is no substantive data to warrant taking the “vaccine” or the booster.

It has never proven to be effective in immunity of the virus.

The data you discount as theorists, that claim the dangers to health of recipients, shows marked inconsistencies with what pharma and our government promotes.

We have no idea what this drug will do to use long term. Maybe the government and pharma does, but we don’t. That is how trust in a centralized government works.

I did not take the vaccine and won’t. That decision shouldn’t affect you as it has never proven to stop the virus or passing on the virus. I made the decision based on my health.

Ivermectin has more historical data than the virus. That is why I have taken 2ml every ten days since 2020.

ICU data is not reliable as a cottage industry was created when the government provided magic funds for Covid patients.

Go for it. I do not trust profit driven government mandates.

And yes, of course we will have a variant outbreak. The people and economy become controlled. We are controlled.

I picked up my second round of Covid coming through the Atlanta passport control three weeks ago. Funny thing is my wife and I looked around halfway through the thirty minutes it took to get through the line and said this would be an ideal setting to get Covid. Two days later I was sick.

It felt exactly the same way it did for me the first time I had it, which was like a bad flu for a few days. My wife, who has some chronic health issues, had an easier time with it just as she did last time she had it.

I doubt very seriously we will go into lockdown again. If hospitalizations and deaths spike, we will just eat the results this time. People who are high risk can stay home, the rest of us can roll the dice and hope we don’t end up with long Covid, which based on the couple of people I know dealing with it, is very much no bueno.

I also have one good friend and two longtime acquaintances, all males in their mid-fifties, who died of heart issues during Covid. I think Covid played a role but I can only speculate.

At this point, I couldn’t care any less whether anyone wants to get boosters or not. I think the science in favor is clear but anyone who disagrees can do what they want. Chart your own path and deal with whatever the repercussions are of your choices.

I picked up my second round of Covid coming through the Atlanta passport control three weeks ago. Funny thing is my wife and I looked around halfway through the thirty minutes it took to get through the line and said this would be an ideal setting to get Covid. Two days later I was sick.

It felt exactly the same way it did for me the first time I had it, which was like a bad flu for a few days. My wife, who has some chronic health issues, had an easier time with it just as she did last time she had it.

I doubt very seriously we will go into lockdown again. If hospitalizations and deaths spike, we will just eat the results this time. People who are high risk can stay home, the rest of us can roll the dice and hope we don’t end up with long Covid, which based on the couple of people I know dealing with it, is very much no bueno.

I also have one good friend and two longtime acquaintances, all males in their mid-fifties, who died of heart issues during Covid. I think Covid played a role but I can only speculate.

At this point, I couldn’t care any less whether anyone wants to get boosters or not. I think the science in favor is clear but anyone who disagrees can do what they want. Chart your own path and deal with whatever the repercussions are of your choices.
Valid post. Agree with you.

Question, have you been vaccinated?

Reactions: celticdawg
Valid post. Agree with you.

Question, have you been vaccinated?
Yes, two primaries and two boosters. It was required for work but I would have gotten them anyway.

Both my mother and stepmother are older and high risk because of severe lung issues and they both made it through Covid with no issues after being vaccinated. I think it helped a lot and so do they but we can’t prove it.

I do know Covid killed about a million Americans and I’d hate to see another surge that leads to more deaths, but I wouldn’t support another lockdown. Doesn’t matter as it isn’t happening anyway.

But the data you are seeing is biased. Pl

Reactions: PotimusWillie
Never got the vaccine.

Timing? Hmmmmmmmm.

Should I start wearing my magic mask under my nose like everyone else does?
I took the first 2 shots of the vaccine. Didn’t take any boosters. I had problems with my heart after the shots I went into a-fib and had to have an ablation. I have never had heart problems in the past. I am beginning to wonder if the shots had anything to do with this.

Yes, two primaries and two boosters. It was required for work but I would have gotten them anyway.

Both my mother and stepmother are older and high risk because of severe lung issues and they both made it through Covid with no issues after being vaccinated. I think it helped a lot and so do they but we can’t prove it.

I do know Covid killed about a million Americans and I’d hate to see another surge that leads to more deaths, but I wouldn’t support another lockdown. Doesn’t matter as it isn’t happening anyway.
Fair enough.

The point I am trying to wrap my head around is that the vaccine doesn’t seem to stop transmission nor stop contracting the virus. And natural immunity was driving the severity and concentration numbers, in my opinion, far more than we were led to believe. No money in it.

It’s a confusing paradox.

I am with you on the lockdowns. If it happens, it is a power move and would further harm our country.

I've never had it.

I have global entry. Last overseas trip was in May. Took me less than 1 minute to get through.

I do know Covid killed about a million Americans and I’d hate to see another surge that leads to more deaths,.......
And how do you know this? Even the gov has admitted the US death rate numbers were higher than most of the world's other countries because most of those million died of other issues, but had a faulty PCR testing "scheme" showing them as positive. The real number of deaths is probably not much higher than a bad flu season.

And how do you know this? Even the gov has admitted the US death rate numbers were higher than most of the world's other countries because most of those million died of other issues, but had a faulty PCR testing "scheme" showing them as positive. The real number of deaths is probably not much higher than a bad flu season.
Deaths above average. The US death rate is very consistent over time and looking at the increase in deaths above average takes politics and bias out of the equation.

Reactions: celticdawg

Holy moly THIS is the response that so many of us wanted to hear the first time around.

Yeah its going around again. Both my and my wife's parents had it last week.
1 set 1x Vaxxed
other set 5x vaxxed.

Isn't that what the deniers have wanted all along? Since the my vaccine protects others mantra has been exposed as a complete fabrication, how can a mandate imposed on healthy young adults and children be justified?

Reactions: cherrydawg
I’m due for my vacination, but I’m waiting for the new shot

it will be in this country if it isn’t already because we do not stop people on the borders, but if they from Ireland or Norway look out.

schools are literally petri dishes. You got a kid? You’re gonna get it.

Isn't that what the deniers have wanted all along? Since the my vaccine protects others mantra has been exposed as a complete fabrication, how can a mandate imposed on healthy young adults and children be justified?
Are there still government entities mandating shots/boosters? I thought that was done or being phased out soon.

I think the data is clear that the vaccine does not impact transmission but does impact severity of illness (short and long term) if contracted. That makes it a personal choice.

I’d be willing to wager that we will absolutely not go into lockdown again.

I will get a booster once the new shot is available, but I’m obviously in no hurry having just had Covid again.

Are there still government entities mandating shots/boosters? I thought that was done or being phased out soon.

I think the data is clear that the vaccine does not impact transmission but does impact severity of illness (short and long term) if contracted. That makes it a personal choice.

I’d be willing to wager that we will absolutely not go into lockdown again.

I will get a booster once the new shot is available, but I’m obviously in no hurry having just had Covid again.

The problem is the mandates in the first place when we knew healthy children and young adults were in little to no danger. I took the jab based on the data for my age and conditions even though I trusted my immune system which has always been robust. A couple of weeks after the jab, I started experiencing some mild heart issues and I haven't taken another shot.

Otoh, I have custody of a 13 yr old granddaughter that practices gymnastics 4 hours per day and is a model of health. I'd take a bullet before I'd let anyone vaccinate her because I can't be sure the jab isn't a bigger risk to her than the virus. Imo, the government/CDC lost a lot of credibility with the misleading marketing and pressure to take the vaccine.

Last edited:

I like Kuntsler's title even thought I wasn't foolded the first time.

https://kunstler.com/cluster****-nation/we-wont-be-fooled-again/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT