ADVERTISEMENT

Dayum…..

Go with solar and help save the planet.
not-sure-if-serious-jpg.1549280

Go with solar and help save the planet.
Thinks I will be just like Joe & go with a printing press.

Replaced 3 vehicles in the last year & a half.

Just getting out of Christmas time, tax time coming up, new furniture at house recently and also just got through paying for daughter’s college. Paid as she went, no “gubment”loans.

Probably should have borrowed so Joe could forgive it.

Thank goodness this is her last year. She has already found a job, but still need to get her set up with a move, a start in life etc.

Gonna be costly too. Now this (furnace), but WTF, when it rains it pours…….life!

Last edited:
Damb, that hurts. Comments: HVAC prices have skyrocketed. $8200 seems like an awful lot to me but I’m probably out of touch. Furnace lifespans used to be longer than 15 years.
Yeah, that’s what I thought too. Includes installation and few other things. The one I am replacing lasted 15 years, past its prime. I believe there was a 10 year warranty on parts.

The new one is also 10 years on parts & 1 for labor.

The price to replace has probably doubled since 15 years….baked ham for my wallet.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg

Just getting out of Christmas time, tax time coming up, new furniture at house recently and also just got through paying for daughter’s college. Paid as she went, no “gubment”loans.

Thank goodness this is her last year. She has already found a job, but still need to get her set up with a move, a start in life etc.

Gonna be costly too. Now this (furnace), but WTF, when it rains it pours…….life!

Don't sweat the small stuff brother, it's all small stuff.

Don't sweat the small stuff brother, it's all small stuff.

Good advice. Selling one of my rentals now and it has been an absolute s***show. Every hour of every day. The stress isn’t worth it. Finally had to just lay down and rearrange things in my brain to just say F it and forget the stress.

A furnace shouldn’t cost that much. Are you replacing those valves that “zone” your heating? Ductwork?

Reactions: deadduckdawg
A furnace shouldn’t cost that much. Are you replacing those valves that “zone” your heating? Ductwork?
A lot of variables…..probably could have spent my day calling around & may have saved maybe 2- $500 or so.

Don’t have the time to spend a day or two doing it. All things considered, total $$ is within reason…….it can get cold up here is Saint Louis.

Getting it done now….

Eastman,
you are a good dude,
everything works out fine!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT