ADVERTISEMENT

Did Georgia’s Nic Claxton just end Lebron in LA?

I don't tout Rittenhouse as some kind of vigilante hero, but I know he was innocent of the charges presented and it was obvious to everyone aside from a few media members who wanted to use him as the scapegoat to fuel their political diatribes (the James Morrison/MSNBC situation certainly lends credence to that, as does all the lies Joy Reid spewed about the situation). And the fact that his attackers were absolute POSs (which comes to the surprise of absolutely no one) certainly helps his cause.

I don't count COVID rings won at Mickey Mouse Arena, but even playing along and including his Lakers "championship", he still has a penchant for losing the biggest series. I'm assuming you agree with that "A disgrace actually with that kind of record" comment, but maybe I misread that.

If we're only counting active players, then I agree - but that's a weird place to drive the line. You called him "the most powerful man in sports", not the most powerful active athlete. There are countless retired athletes who still mean a great deal to their sport, like Jordan, and are far more successful than LeBron.

The Clay Travis tweet was for the books, not the spray paint hoax, and I actually wanted to link the original Taylor Rooks video but I couldn't find it. (I'm not a fan of his in general, but I do appreciate that he calls people out for their BS at times.) But coverage of that incident dried up VERY quickly, and let's face it -- if there was any actual proof of a hate crime, it would've been beaten to hell by the media (and rightfully so).

There are two big concerns with the school. First, the $8 million annually is taken from other taxpayer-funded areas and redirected to the I Promise School. So the narrative that "it doesn't actually cost the taxpayers" is flat out wrong. Second, LeBron easily could've made it a private school and provided the full funding himself, so why didn't he? And the $2 million annually was actually pledged for "when the school grows to capacity". https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2018/08/whos_paying_for_lebron_james_n_1.html

On his CCP bootlicking, even you acknowledge that he isn't using his influence as he should, so I'm not sure why you're upset with the criticism on his lack of action there. Especially since he considers himself to be a social justice activist, but is dead silent on perhaps the most glaring example of active human rights violations in the world.

He deleted the Ma'Khia Bryant tweet because he was called out for it (and was probably facing a lawsuit for it - hopefully he still will). He never actually apologized for calling out the officer, all he said was that the tweet was fueling the wrong conversation and was "used to create more hate". Yeah, no shit genius.

He portrays himself as an intellectual, but when he's outside of his echo chamber and is asked to provide any actual insight (like the books that he always reads right in front of the cameras), he looks like an absolute moron. And the fact that he didn't go to college can't be used as a crutch here, the average 5th grader can provide an "thoughtful review" on a book. The question was teed up for him and he still couldn't answer it. It's obvious that it's for show and he isn't anywhere near as smart or insightful as he tries to be. That alone wouldn't be an issue, but combined with the rest of it, it just makes him look like a disingenuous asshole.
Well, thanks for providing a well thought out and researched retort without referring to calling me a commenter as a communist or whatever. I’m not even a LeBron fanboy but just believe he is unfairly criticized for issues he has no control over. He will finish his career likely as the second best player of all time without any real major controversies and as a devoted family man. He will likely also play until he can share the court with his son which will be historical indeed. Maybe he is a pu$$y hound (or murdered someone) and gets it covered up well but he’s a role model to kids based on all available evidence.

Well, thanks for providing a well thought out and researched retort without referring to calling me a commenter as a communist or whatever. I’m not even a LeBron fanboy but just believe he is unfairly criticized for issues he has no control over. He will finish his career likely as the second best player of all time without any real major controversies and as a devoted family man. He will likely also play until he can share the court with his son which will be historical indeed. Maybe he is a pu$$y hound (or murdered someone) and gets it covered up well but he’s a role model to kids based on all available evidence.
How can you say that Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer when that is factually incorrect. His entire family lived in that community. He didn’t break any laws and was acquitted. Did watch any of the actual videos of the incident? Did you do any independent research outside of the MSM?

Ahhh. I see we are on the chat. I hate this place, but I’ll hang out and keep watching @Sanjuro taking them L’s like the little soy boy, limp wristed b$tch he is.
So what makes me a communist or limp wristed bit€h? I’ve never had a conversation with you previously and I’ve been a member for over 20 years. Even if I was wrong on every point, seems a bit extreme on your part being that I’m not a troll on any of the boards. I was simply defending an NBA player in comparison to Michael Jordan.

I think Jordan has gotten huge passes from the media for what he has done in his life. I think athletes (and entertainers) SHOULD use their platform when they are at a level of fame like Jordan gained. But MJ intentionally stayed in the middle on every subject in order to sell his brand. Granted he did have a much easier childhood than James did or Muhammad Ali, so it wasn’t as close to the heart to him. LeBron isn’t often eloquent but I commend him for at least taking a stand on most issues that affect the African American community. China will always be a non-starter. America could never separate itself from China so any type of statement or symbolic boycott is useless in our current global supply chain.

Even if I was wrong on every point, seems a bit extreme on your part being that I’m not a troll on any of the boards.

So what makes me a communist or limp wristed bit€h? I’ve never had a conversation with you previously and I’ve been a member for over 20 years. Even if I was wrong on every point, seems a bit extreme on your part being that I’m not a troll on any of the boards. I was simply defending an NBA player in comparison to Michael Jordan.

I think Jordan has gotten huge passes from the media for what he has done in his life. I think athletes (and entertainers) SHOULD use their platform when they are at a level of fame like Jordan gained. But MJ intentionally stayed in the middle on every subject in order to sell his brand. Granted he did have a much easier childhood than James did or Muhammad Ali, so it wasn’t as close to the heart to him. LeBron isn’t often eloquent but I commend him for at least taking a stand on most issues that affect the African American community. China will always be a non-starter. America could never separate itself from China so any type of statement or symbolic boycott is useless in our current global supply chain.

Even if I was wrong on every point, seems a bit extreme on your part being that I’m not a troll on any of the boards.
First off, I will say calling you a communist was strong, but I stand by the rest.

Why would you believe that the US can’t separate itself from the Communist Chinese Party? Notice I didn’t say the Chinese people. There is a huge difference. There is no reason whatsoever that we should be dependent on the CCP for anything. That is what is wrong with that thought process. So, explain to me why we can’t separate ourselves from them?

How can you say that Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer when that is factually incorrect. His entire family lived in that community. He didn’t break any laws and was acquitted. Did watch any of the actual videos of the incident? Did you do any independent research outside of the MSM?
OK. Let’s go back to what happened and if Kyle was indeed a victim.

I support any judicial punishment for those that destroy property during a protest. Those individuals should be arrested and have their day in court just as the January 6 “protesters” should. Violence and destruction are never appropriate ways to protest an injustice (perceived or real). That being said, civilians don’t need to bring “frontier Justice” into a protest area. Especially teenagers who have little to no critical thinking skills and wisdom or training for such an event.

Kyle certainly went to Kenosha to be in the midst of such activity while carrying a semi automatic rifle on his shoulder and his finger inches from the trigger. Odds are that an untrained kid with that weapon will panic at some point and a tragic event will occur. The point of the criminal records of the deceased had no effect at that time because Kyle didn’t know them from anyone else. People approached him, he ran and shot, he ran and tripped, panicked and fired again. Others at the point of the first shot considered him a threat (rightfully so).

He went to find trouble and got away with it due to the laws that are on the books. If he stayed home, those “looters” (no proof that they were doing so on the night in question) or protesters would likely be alive. It’s almost exactly like the Zimmerman case. If Zimmerman would have not deputized himself and made it his duty to confront a black male teenager then Trayvon would also likely be alive. Again his juvenile
record should have no point in the case.

Zimmerman gets out of his vehicle and walks toward Martin to confront him. Martin is obviously going to be apprehensive at giving info to a strange adult that has been driving around following him. He stood his ground but did so without a weapon. Somehow he was able to reverse his position from a much more mature adult with a huge weight and strength advantage and take control of the fight. At that point since Zimmerman was getting his a$$ absolutely smashed by a teenager (and knowing the stupid Florida laws on the books that would protect him) shot and killed him. Now if Martin did indeed have a pistol on him and shot Zimmerman while standing his ground, would he get the same result as Zimmerman did? I seriously doubt it.

Despite what these laws say, these men are murderers. They were both looking for trouble, found it, lost control and fired bullets to take back control.

These laws are not properly enforced. One should be able to protect themselves at all costs in their home or in their car. But you get out of your car or leave your house to confront then that is not going to result in a positive outcome. Now we will have future protests where our dumber citizens will carry weapons and feel it is in their rights to “defend” at all costs. We have too many dumb people wanting to repeat the Wild West most likely because they just can’t get any pu$$y.

Lebron is an interesting case study

-Mega star
-Married (happily it seems)
-kids
-Never been in any legal trouble
-Apparently done very well business wise outside of basketball
-Seems to have an opinion on most everything (outside of anything China related)

And half the country hates him.

He’s definitely no MJ in the overall popularity; why is that?
He’s a race baiter, everyone knows it, the media loves him. I hope nothing but pestilence in his life.

First off, I will say calling you a communist was strong, but I stand by the rest.

Why would you believe that the US can’t separate itself from the Communist Chinese Party? Notice I didn’t say the Chinese people. There is a huge difference. There is no reason whatsoever that we should be dependent on the CCP for anything. That is what is wrong with that thought process. So, explain to me why we can’t separate ourselves from them?
Well thank you for your kind words that I’m not a communist. I am a progressive liberal in social issues and moderate on economic issues. I guess if that is “limp wristed” to whatever ideology you claim then so be it. I don’t take dick pills and only fvck females. As for being a idiot, well I’ll just say that I’m a couple of standard deviations to the right of average intelligence. I’m pretty ignorant on some or even many subjects (as everyone is) and try to stay out of anything that I can’t at least give a viable solution or answer to. I do study the NBA probably 15+ hours a week with videos, books, and podcasts so I feel pretty confident enough in that subject for discourse. I also feel pretty informed on the inequality of our criminal Justice system.

For China, We can’t separate ourselves from the CCP because they control their markets. We can’t survive as a Country without the products that the government has control over. We made that bed after we progressed from a manufacturing economy as a Nation that originally made us a power after WW2 and every other developed nation was in repair mode. After Europe recovered it was more efficient for us to convert to a research/finance/service economy and leave the poorer countries with unlimited cheap labor to quench our Nation’s never ending thirst for junk. China just took that lead and used every resource they could to eventually overtake us. It was always going to be inevitable. It’s not any sportsman’s place to fix that.

China alone has the majority of rare Earth metals that can put our economy at a complete standstill if we don’t have access to them. I have two Chinese sisters so I understand what it took to adopt them and the complete disdain of how the country treats their citizens. I can’t tell you how many health issues my youngest has had because China poisoned their kids and left the girls and deformed boys to rot until a foreigner will adopt.

Again, what are LeBron’s major mistakes or trouble he has gotten into in life? You keep acting like he is some morally and ethically bankrupt tragic figure. If the worst he has done is not give a definite statement of disdain about China or has thrown a coach under the bus; that’s a pretty small circle of things to be upset about.

You are projecting on him because he dares states any opinion outside the overwhelming right wing bubble that exists in the majority of the Southern make-up of this board. He should just shut up and dribble like Laura Ingraham suggests according to you. No one outside failed businessmen can speak up in the real world.

He’s an elitist because he has athletic and sports intelligence gifts that are in the top .00001% of anyone ever to live but had to work to get to that point. But he has no power over your life and you are free to take no lessons from him which I highly doubt he cares if you do. The bigger waste is that someone with a platform doesn’t use it at all to promote change such as Michael Jordan. He’s no Muhammad Ali but no one is or probably ever will be again.
San, under the impression that you make more money than me, I need to borrow $10,000 to make us equal.

Will you provide it to me?

If you will, great.
If not, is it because of the race you assume I am?
If not, is it because you are selfish?
If not, is it because I shouldn’t ask for something from someone I don’t know?
Do you not think I deserve $10,000?

If you made $10,000,000, shouldn’t you share it with enough people to equate to $15 an hour for 49 hours a week for two years or are you going to keep it all? Why?

Lastly, does your third cousin’s relative who was born in 1895 have any control over your career choice after you graduate from college?

San, under the impression that you make more money than me, I need to borrow $10,000 to make us equal.

Will you provide it to me?

If you will, great.
If not, is it because of the race you assume I am?
If not, is it because you are selfish?
If not, is it because I shouldn’t ask for something from someone I don’t know?
Do you not think I deserve $10,000?

If you made $10,000,000, shouldn’t you share it with enough people to equate to $15 an hour for 49 hours a week for two years or are you going to keep it all? Why?

Lastly, does your third cousin’s relative who was born in 1895 have any control over your career choice after you graduate from college?
Preach.

I don't tout Rittenhouse as some kind of vigilante hero, but I know he was innocent of the charges presented and it was obvious to everyone aside from a few media members who wanted to use him as the scapegoat to fuel their political diatribes (the James Morrison/MSNBC situation certainly lends credence to that, as does all the lies Joy Reid spewed about the situation). And the fact that his attackers were absolute POSs (which comes to the surprise of absolutely no one) certainly helps his cause.

I don't count COVID rings won at Mickey Mouse Arena, but even playing along and including his Lakers "championship", he still has a penchant for losing the biggest series. I'm assuming you agree with that "A disgrace actually with that kind of record" comment, but maybe I misread that.

If we're only counting active players, then I agree - but that's a weird place to drive the line. You called him "the most powerful man in sports", not the most powerful active athlete. There are countless retired athletes who still mean a great deal to their sport, like Jordan, and are far more successful than LeBron.

The Clay Travis tweet was for the books, not the spray paint hoax, and I actually wanted to link the original Taylor Rooks video but I couldn't find it. (I'm not a fan of his in general, but I do appreciate that he calls people out for their BS at times.) But coverage of that incident dried up VERY quickly, and let's face it -- if there was any actual proof of a hate crime, it would've been beaten to hell by the media (and rightfully so).

There are two big concerns with the school. First, the $8 million annually is taken from other taxpayer-funded areas and redirected to the I Promise School. So the narrative that "it doesn't actually cost the taxpayers" is flat out wrong. Second, LeBron easily could've made it a private school and provided the full funding himself, so why didn't he? And the $2 million annually was actually pledged for "when the school grows to capacity". https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2018/08/whos_paying_for_lebron_james_n_1.html

On his CCP bootlicking, even you acknowledge that he isn't using his influence as he should, so I'm not sure why you're upset with the criticism on his lack of action there. Especially since he considers himself to be a social justice activist, but is dead silent on perhaps the most glaring example of active human rights violations in the world.

He deleted the Ma'Khia Bryant tweet because he was called out for it (and was probably facing a lawsuit for it - hopefully he still will). He never actually apologized for calling out the officer, all he said was that the tweet was fueling the wrong conversation and was "used to create more hate". Yeah, no shit genius.

He portrays himself as an intellectual, but when he's outside of his echo chamber and is asked to provide any actual insight (like the books that he always reads right in front of the cameras), he looks like an absolute moron. And the fact that he didn't go to college can't be used as a crutch here, the average 5th grader can provide an "thoughtful review" on a book. The question was teed up for him and he still couldn't answer it. It's obvious that it's for show and he isn't anywhere near as smart or insightful as he tries to be. That alone wouldn't be an issue, but combined with the rest of it, it just makes him look like a disingenuous asshole.
DcIG.gif

Reactions: MassachusettsDawg

I think there's some inconsistency with the LeBron criticism here, so help me clarify what you're trying to say. What unfair criticism do you think LeBron receives?

You had an earlier comment that LeBron wasn't using the extent of his pressure with regards to the CCP. We agree on that front. You also said that "maybe he can get a face to face with Chairman Jinping to tell him to convert to a Democracy." I think that would be a step in the right direction, but he wouldn't even need to go that far.

Remember that not only has LeBron failed to leverage his power there, but he's openly rebuked NBA figures who DO have the courage to stand up to the CCP. His comments on Daryl Morey, which started the whole thing. Ironically, he said that Morey wasn't educated on the matter and that there are ramifications of free speech.

The China situation is, by far, the biggest area where LeBron receives criticism - and rightfully so.

Aside from that, most of the criticism he receives is as an athlete. And I could certainly go on about all the cakewalk paths through the Eastern Conference he had over the years, or the fact that Anthony Davis, not he, is the catalyst in LA. But criticism on athletic success is true for virtually any star athlete who has ever played, across any sport.

The other criticism he gets comes from assorted social justice comments where he oversteps and comes off as a pseudo-intellectual or a complete asshole. The Ma'Khia Bryant tweet and book reading as mentioned, and even the one where he called out Rittenhouse for crying on the stand.

No one's saying he's a bad husband or father, or that he's a criminal, but those things shouldn't be used as a crutch against other areas where he deserves criticism.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT