ADVERTISEMENT

Do y’all have any hobby ideas ? Now that protest have

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
Started with college athletes? I like to grill , I like listening to podcast non sport related . I have listen to serval good books in Apple store. I have a few games on my phone . Fred and I hang out and tour rib shacks . I swim a little .

I thought about getting a travel trailer and going to different parks . But the idea of clean out the shat tank ain’t appealing to me .

any other suggestions y’all may have ? I’m looking for a little gig job . Just so I can buy more guns and donate to help back the blue causes .

I've been doing a lot more target practice with my custom M14 and my 9.
I've 'bout decided that 9 is tad light in the ass even though it is accurate as hell. I'm looking at 44s & 45s. I also ordered an AR.
Been giving my reloader a workout too.
fk football.

I've been doing a lot more target practice with my custom M14 and my 9.
I've 'bout decided that 9 is tad light in the ass even though it is accurate as hell. I'm looking at 44s & 45s. I also ordered an AR.
Been giving my reloader a workout too.
fk football.

I wish I learned how to do reloading of brass . You have to be dang accurate on measuring the powder . Lol

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
I wish I learned how to do reloading of brass . You have to be dang accurate on measuring the powder . Lol
Nah man, it is easy. You have to get a little scale and you weigh the powder (charge). The rest of it is just having the right size dies in the loader. I can crank out a round a minute for my rifles at less than half what buying them costs. If you are going to shoot, you gotta reload.
AR15 is different though. Presently, reloading is not necessary because ammo is cheap enough.
My Marlin 35 cal is why I started reloading. Those cost $2 a pop to buy.
But believe me brother, it ain't hard. You can learn most of it in 1 day.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Started with college athletes? I like to grill , I like listening to podcast non sport related . I have listen to serval good books in Apple store. I have a few games on my phone . Fred and I hang out and tour rib shacks . I swim a little .

I thought about getting a travel trailer and going to different parks . But the idea of clean out the shat tank ain’t appealing to me .

any other suggestions y’all may have ? I’m looking for a little gig job . Just so I can buy more guns and donate to help back the blue causes .
Bonsai cultivation will help you develop patience, diligence, and attention to detail. And you can fit a mighty Oak in your living room.

You could try the DNC workout to stay in shape.

no thanks but I do need to get in shape . Roku has a bunch of workout channels. I been watching some cool things on there .

I learned how to build a garden box . I have some hot peppers and tomatoes and cucumber growing . Blushing bride wants me to build a chicken house in the back .

no thanks but I do need to get in shape . Roku has a bunch of workout channels. I been watching some cool things on there .

I learned how to build a garden box . I have some hot peppers and tomatoes and cucumber growing . Blushing bride wants me to build a chicken house in the back .
Haha. I don’t plan on taking up the DNC workout either. I’ll stick with my HIIT workouts and the gym. I’ve also taken to mountain biking recently. Getting out in nature is always my escape.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Haha. I don’t plan on taking up the DNC workout either. I’ll stick with my HIIT workouts and the gym. I’ve also taken to mountain biking recently. Getting out in nature is always my escape.

i hope you staying off the highways on that bike . I worked too many deaths because some idiot didn’t see the biker .

i hope you staying off the highways on that bike . I worked too many deaths because some idiot didn’t see the biker .
I never ride on highways or any streets for that matter. I definitely doubt trust sharing the road with distracted drivers. Thankfully I’m blessed that we have endless trails for biking here in Tallahassee. The parks here are great and probably my favorite thing about living here. I’m also close to beautiful springs that are perfect for swimming and kayaking on a hot summer day.

I never ride on highways or any streets for that matter. I definitely doubt trust sharing the road with distracted drivers. Thankfully I’m blessed that we have endless trails for biking here in Tallahassee. The parks here are great and probably my favorite thing about living here. I’m also close to beautiful springs that are perfect for swimming and kayaking on a hot summer day.

i worked a biker vs a dump truck. I let you imagine what was left . If his body was made out of the bike steel he would have had a 1 percent chance of living .

I have permission to use my neighbors 180 acres will he’s away at his other place in Wyoming. That lets me stretch out a bit. Oh did I mention his bass pond? But I’ve been busy with the garden, and the watermelons are just great.

i worked a biker vs a dump truck. I let you imagine what was left . If his body was made out of the bike steel he would have had a 1 percent chance of living .
I have some law enforcement friends here in Tallahassee and they’ve share some similar stories. FSU kids get run over all the time on their bikes and mopeds. They have spent millions locally putting in bike lanes and it’s still a no go for me.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Nah man, it is easy. You have to get a little scale and you weigh the powder (charge). The rest of it is just having the right size dies in the loader. I can crank out a round a minute for my rifles at less than half what buying them costs. If you are going to shoot, you gotta reload.
AR15 is different though. Presently, reloading is not necessary because ammo is cheap enough.
My Marlin 35 cal is why I started reloading. Those cost $2 a pop to buy.
But believe me brother, it ain't hard. You can learn most of it in 1 day.
I have been wanting to get into reloading but you have to spend some money of equipment and don't know enough about what to buy. Brand, type etc? Can I buy dies online and they fit all loaders or are they brand specific? Is there a website you would recommend for good prices on tools and "ingredients"?

Out at our hunting club I found an old press but it dirty as crap. Do you think I could just try to hose it off and be confident it will work? Not sure if "loading technology" has advanced and old presses are just not worth trying to use.

This protest stuff couldn’t happen at a worse time. People are finding other things to do. I don’t even care anymore about sports .

I told a friend as soon as this crap hits college sports I was done with sports and everything with it . When it hit local high school sports I wanna I will be done with that .

I have been wanting to get into reloading but you have to spend some money of equipment and don't know enough about what to buy. Brand, type etc? Can I buy and they fit all loaders or are they brand specific? Is there a website you would recommend for good prices on tools and "ingredients"?

Out at our hunting club I found an old press but it dirty as crap. Do you think I could just try to hose it off and be confident it will work? Not sure if "loading technology" has advanced and old presses are just not worth trying to use.
I haven't bought any dies in a couple of years but I doubt anything has changed. When you look at dies online, they will tell you what loaders they fit. I would clean that stand (press) you found and see what kind it is. Just make sure it is functional in terms of the handle/crank and fastening it to your table. Oh, and as far as I know Lee dies for different calibers all fit my Lee stand. You just put them in and adjust them.
You should be able to get dies for a specific caliber for $100 and less depending on the caliber and so forth. I haven't ever had any trouble with Lee dies.You can get a new Lee reloading stand for $215 if you can't use the one you found.
Brass, powder, caps (primers) and bullets to get started is about another $100 or so. But of course, you can use the brass again. You can also get what they call "once fired" brass which I haven't had a problem with and they are cheaper. You will need the lubricant (it is like white grease). It ain't much$.
Here is a pretty good explanation of the process. What I did in the beginning was I made a list of the sequence and put it on the wall in front of me so that I did everything in order. It may seem complicated at first but once you start doing it, it's a piece of cake.

Last edited:
Reactions: stray
I haven't bought any dies in a couple of years but I doubt anything has changed. When you look at dies online, they will tell you what loaders they fit. I would clean that stand you found and see what kind it is. Just make sure it is functional in terms of the handle/crank and fastening it to your table. Oh, and as far as I know Lee dies for different calibers all fit my Lee stand. You just put them in and adjust them.
You should be able to get dies for a specific caliber for $100 and less depending on the caliber and so forth. I haven't ever had any trouble with Lee dies.You can get a new Lee reloading stand for $215 if you can't use the one you found.
Brass, powder, caps (primers) and bullets to get started is about another $100 or so. But of course, you can use the brass again. You can also get what they call "once fired" brass which I haven't had a problem with and they are cheaper. You will need the lubricant (it is like white grease). It ain't much$.
Here is a pretty good explanation of the process. You will see that this guy anneals his brass which I have never done. I just lubricate and resize.
What I did in the beginning was I made a list of the sequence and put it on the wall in front of me so that I did everything in order. It may seem complicated at first but once you start doing it, it's a piece of cake.
Thanks for the info. This video really helps. Will have to drag out that old press and see if it's salvageable.

Thanks for the info. This video really helps. Will have to drag out that old press and see if it's salvageable.
That guy in the video is a real enthusiast. My process is simpler than his and my press has all the dies in it at once so you just go from resize to de-cap and re-cap then you load your powder and then press in your projectile. I don't have a micrometer. If the neck is split or the primer doesn't does not fit tight, I just chunk the brass and get another one out.

Reactions: stray
That guy in the video is a real enthusiast and probably a competitive shooter. My process is simpler than his and my press has all the dies in it at once (in a circle) so you just go from resize to de-cap and re-cap then you load your powder and then press in your projectile. I don't have a micrometer. If the neck is split or the primer doesn't does not fit tight, I just chunk the brass and get another one out.

Sure the local thrift store has loads of Billy Blanks and Richard Simmons Videos for sale....LOL.....Maybe try Zumba...Crunch Board and a ThighMaster and you got it....

That guy in the video is a real enthusiast. My process is simpler than his and my press has all the dies in it at once so you just go from resize to de-cap and re-cap then you load your powder and then press in your projectile. I don't have a micrometer. If the neck is split or the primer doesn't does not fit tight, I just chunk the brass and get another one out.
What kind of press do you have? So, it's the same dies but in just different positions? Is this what they call a progressive press?

The press will work, clean the rust off. Dies are pretty universal. I have an rcbs press and have both rcbs and lee dies. Lee are cheaper and work great. Process is simple take fire formed brass then the following
Neck size or full length size
De burr case opening
Prime
Charge
Seat bullet
I find larger calibers need to be crimped but below 35 caliber no issue.

it was savage.
steely lake and sandy beach.
I, tasked to journey.
more remote,
more familiar...

the winds came,
and I was not ready.
as a perpetual tornado,
always in the Air!
Never Truly Grounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadduckdawg
Sure the local thrift store has loads of Billy Blanks and Richard Simmons Videos for sale....LOL.....Maybe try Zumba...Crunch Board and a ThighMaster and you got it....
s-l300.jpg

Reactions: blackpug6
it was savage.
steely lake and sandy beach.
I, tasked to journey.
more remote,
more familiar...

the winds came,
and I was not ready.
as a perpetual tornado,
always in the Air!
Never Truly Grounded.
Crackers with molded cheese.

Crackers with molded cheese.

I've not sacrificed, suffered nor been abused?

I like cheese crackers.
prefer home-done.
Premium Saltines and Real Cheese.

look my friend,
I have to hide my nonsense somewhere.
If I get called out, that's ok also...

i always is enjoy a creek bank . I plan on doing that and old co worker has asked me before to go on a dove shoot .

he said they have no sports broadcast rule at his club .

If you ever want to go 75 mph in a bass boat and catch Florida largemouth, PM me. Had my boat up at Blue Ridge in July, fun fishing but they don't get as big.

Hack E Sack

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT