ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t pass the border bill.

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Why do we have to pass new bills to enforce existing laws?….

Oh, to pay for other stuff.

The border bill is like a bad Saturday Night Live skit. But we eat it like candy and claim grievance if you don’t agree.

It is a typical out of touch holier than thou attempt to sell the citizen how “concerned” and benevolent we are.

I guess we are this stupid.

Relying on the media to deflect your own eff-ups and point the finger at wonky legislative failures never works.

Biden wanted to be able to point to legislation as the reason things got tough on illegals. Now he has to decide whether or not to start doing Trump things on the border. Appease those in his party frustrated by illegals. But piss off those who are “undocumented” doves. Totally unforced error.

Biden fumbled the ball and pubs aren’t gonna give it back. Maybe they are learning from their more politically savvy opponents.

Well played.

The border bill is like a bad Saturday Night Live skit. But we eat it like candy and claim grievance if you don’t agree.

It is a typical out of touch holier than thou attempt to sell the citizen how “concerned” and benevolent we are.

The simple truth of the matter is this. And no dem will admit or approach this cold hard truth.

Joe has all the constitutional authority, AND DUTY BTW, to shut down the southern border.

That said- why the heck would anyone in DC vote to give the POTUS MORE authority to do something he's categorically unwilling to do?

Answer that dems.

Not to just pick on dems, Trump had the same authority. I guess the dems and GOP would rather have the problem instead of a solution.

I don’t know, maybe because the main law was passed in 1968 and needs updating?

So do you lock the door to your house at night. You parents did that in 1968.

Is it now more humane to allow strangers to enter your home at night?

Yeah, that sixties thing is so outdated.

And in the sixties, rich men weren’t funding the transport of groups from other continents to enter our country from Mexico to intentionally overwhelm our legal and financial systems.

It's all politics. It's a DOA bill the democrats will pass and the house will reject. Biden will then say he tried to fix the Trump boarder problem but republicans voted it down. This is election year politics, and the sad truth is nobody on either side really cares about making things better, they just want to be re-elected.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
It's all politics. It's a DOA bill the democrats will pass and the house will reject. Biden will then say he tried to fix the Trump boarder problem but republicans voted it down. This is election year politics, and the sad truth is nobody on either side really cares about making things better, they just want to be re-elected.
It would be true!!!!!!!

Reactions: shonuff253
Every illegal CRIMINAL gets a free attorney.
Free healthcare, free money, free housing, free education, free, free, free for all criminal illegals.
Mayorkas has the sole power to grant asylum himself, 4 yrs later the criminal is a voting citizen.
Any appeal related to this bill is heard by liberal judges in the liberal court of the District of Columbia ONLY.
$20 billion on a bill that does NOTHING to stop illegal immigration.
Much more bullshit..............
All on YOUR tax dollars.

$80 billion to secure the borders of Israel and Ukraine while our is left WIDE OPEN.

This is the definition of insanity.

These GD dims need to be tried for treason.

The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. So, I don’t know, do we go back and put all 50 states under colonial status of the UK, just because it isn’t new?

Age of legislation has nothing to do with its effectiveness. Face it, this is an end around way of avoiding immigration for the sole purpose of creating new voters to achieve a one party state.

The simple truth of the matter is this. And no dem will admit or approach this cold hard truth.

Joe has all the constitutional authority, AND DUTY BTW, to shut down the southern border.

That said- why the heck would anyone in DC vote to give the POTUS MORE authority to do something he's categorically unwilling to do?

Answer that dems.

Not to just pick on dems, Trump had the same authority. I guess the dems and GOP would rather have the problem instead of a solution.
If you are correct, why didn’t Trump shut down the border during his administration?

Last edited:
If you are correct, why didn’t Trump shut down the border during his administration?

Of course trump is going to oversimplify as he always does and make sound bite comments that when taken 100 percent literally are impossible. “I closed the border completely” implying no illegals ever under his watch. Any reasonable person knows that he means.

Problem is that even liberal media has admitted how terribly JoeB played this. Specifically celebrating the reversals of Trump border policies on day 1, but doing nothing administratively to process the easily predictable (especially when invited) mass increase in attempted crossings. The message to would be illegals was there is a new sheriff in town and he’s gonna make it easy for you.

He giftwrapped if. And Texas and Florida responded. All the “inhumane” accusations of transporting illegals to liberal havens like Martha’s Vineyards weren’t enough to take away the extreme effectiveness of the tactic.

Now JoeB is caught between a rock and a hard place. Placate his politicians near the border fighting on an issue that hits home? Or placate the liberal elites who think it is inhumane to build walls or turn away illegals?

Pubs said no to the border / Ukraine bill. Had they said yes they eliminate the “rock v hard place” dynamic.

You can point the finger and say “they are saying no just for political reasons”. That’s what pubs do time and time again. Point the finger at skilled political democrats for the same thing. I guess they learned that doesn’t work. Count me in for several months of continued border policy if it helps get better policy on all fronts installed for the long term.

Well played pubs.

Very good question. I’m Not here to blindly stump for Trump and he should be held accountable for that as well.

Some say others held up his actions for the border. I honestly don’t know so I won’t defend him.

Every damn president should be required to uphold article 4, section 4 of the constitution. If they don’t, it should start impeachment proceedings. Party be damned.

Reactions: 3 Pete
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT