ADVERTISEMENT

Dorian is a Beeyotch

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
Alright, this is it. We’ve been sitting on go for two days and have pushed back evacuation plans twice, but today’s the day. Winds are clicking at about 20 mph and gusting higher. As soon as it’s light, I’m going to close all the hurricane shutters on the house, put the sandbags in place, and drain the pool down a foot. Then it’s pack the cars, load the Jack, and off to the Holiday Inn to hunker down.

Stay safe and thirsty my friends.

Alright, this is it. We’ve been sitting on go for two days and have pushed back evacuation plans twice, but today’s the day. Winds are clicking at about 20 mph and gusting higher. As soon as it’s light, I’m going to close all the hurricane shutters on the house, put the sandbags in place, and drain the pool down a foot. Then it’s pack the cars, load the Jack, and off to the Holiday Inn to hunker down.

Can you imagine the media hysterics if there was a mass shooting during a hurricane?

barometric pressure...

Last edited:

Live in SE NC. Me and kids evacuated to north Georgia last year for Florence and didn’t get back home for about 3 weeks. School still on tomorrow for son. Debating on whether to send him or move out. School already canceled Wed and Thurs anyway. I’ll wait to see how it is in morning and will probably just go to my brother’s more inland. He’s SF so I know he probably has his boys filling up sandbags right now and reinforcing their house. Lol.

Live in SE NC. Me and kids evacuated to north Georgia last year for Florence and didn’t get back home for about 3 weeks. School still on tomorrow for son. Debating on whether to send him or move out. School already canceled Wed and Thurs anyway. I’ll wait to see how it is in morning and will probably just go to my brother’s more inland. He’s SF so I know he probably has his boys filling up sandbags right now and reinforcing their house. Lol.
Where bouts in SE NC?

What is with all the evacuations in Florida and up the East Coast? We use to have hurricane parties, in the ole days, when the hurricane was due to come ashore. Now if it is predicated to just skirt the coast, they order the whole Southeast coast to evacuate?
tenor.gif

What is with all the evacuations in Florida and up the East Coast? We use to have hurricane parties, in the ole days, when the hurricane was due to come ashore. Now if it is predicated to just skirt the coast, they order the whole Southeast coast to evacuate?
When Dora hit in '64, my brother & I drove to Fernandina Beach, Fla. In the main beach area (the Golden Sands Pavilion, Moore's,etc.), we parked alongside lots of other folks & watched fools out surfing in the high waves illuminated by all of our headlights. Nowadays, they would never have let us cross the bridge to get onto the area.

When Dora hit in '64, my brother & I drove to Fernandina Beach, Fla. In the main beach area (the Golden Sands Pavilion, Moore's,etc.), we parked alongside lots of other folks & watched fools out surfing in the high waves illuminated by all of our headlights. Nowadays, they would never have let us cross the bridge to get onto the area.
Snow Flake Nation getting trained for future Marshall Law, maybe?

I was here during Hugo(near Darlington). The next day it looked like Nagasaki. Cars up in trees, 100 yr old oaks picked up like matchsticks and tossed elsewhere, entire trailer parks just gone. We've had three tropical storms and a couple of straightline winds blow through here over the past 12 months. Dorian seems to be a slow-moving storm that will skirt the coast and hopefully head back out to sea. Our main concern is tornadoes. They confirmed 14 tornadoes the night Hugo came through, and it would go on up to Charlotte and do quite a lot of damage. Stay safe, anyone in whichever path Dorian takes.

Home and power is on. Kids are happy. And no damage that I can see. I’ll walk around house tomorrow. I took pics of outside and inside before I left JIC for insurance.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT