ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Enormous TIFWIW RE: End in Sight?

Can not state how big the TIFWIW, but I have spoken to many colleagues across the nation and two sit on the boards of major hospital systems. Consensus is by May 1 Coronavirus is a forgotten story. This is in line with numbers I'm seeing. Hot spots will probably still be active like Albany, GA and NYC just to name two, but I think we are moving rapidly to the return of America. I hope all weathering the storm well, and employment is hopefully still out there. For you small business owners I pray you are all hanging tough. Nothing set in stone, but I think we peaking and descending. Just one man's opinion.

Shoot the messenger. Don't shoot the messenger. Certainly continue to use precautions around those who are more susceptible.

Someone tell Bronco he is gonna have to play out of conference games starting Sept 5 in Atlanta. May the whooping start at the opening kickoff and may God have mercy on the Cavs as I am unsure our Dawgs will have any.

As always Go Dawgs.
Someone might wanna inform the Surgeon General. He thinks things are ,"about to get bad" and cases will continue to increase exponentially. Cases are to peak in Ga @ mid April (per CDC figures ) . WH Econmics adviser Kudlow told the nation a month ago ( when cases were in double digits) "We have this thing contained". Mon there were 43,800 cases in the US. I sure hope you're right,but I'd think the Surgeon General has a handle on it and would know what's happening,not to mention the CDC/NIH. HOPE to God YOU are right though..

March 23 - 579
March 26 - 1,158
March 29 - 2,316
April 1 - 4,632
April 4 - 9,264
April 7 - 18,528

Its not been here in large numbers until this month, and its only getting worse without more widespread lockdowns.

Listening to the press conference today and especially Dr. Birx, it appears the focus is shifting to protecting those that are vulnerable and encouraging distancing. It appears Trump and Cuomo are reading from similar hymnals and imo, that is a good sign.

I tend to believe over by May is a bit optimistic but I do believe we'll be more focused on protecting our at risk citizens and teaching those that have to participate in keep the economy moving how to avoid transmitting the virus to grandma.

Reactions: zingerdawg
Thank you for sharing... I tend to agree with this. We are seeing a declining number of cases around Europe which is a positive sign and I even believe the number of cases in the US has declined two of the past three days but obviously that will continue to fluctuate. My guess is businesses will slowly start opening back up in the next few weeks around the country with added precautions to ensure those under the weather or most at risk aren’t exposed. I think NYC, Seattle, LA and San Francisco will take longer but majority of America will start to get back on its feet.
No O but the CDC/NIH show them increasing .Cases were listed as 43,800 Monday. The Surgeon General said just the opposite of your assertion today

Listening to the press conference today and especially Dr. Birx, it appears the focus is shifting to protecting those that are vulnerable and encouraging distancing. It appears Trump and Cuomo are reading from similar hymnals and imo, that is a good sign.

I tend to believe over by May is a bit optimistic but I do believe we'll be more focused on protecting our at risk citizens and teaching those that have to participate in keep the economy moving how to avoid transmitting the virus to grandma.

Fauci disagrees, which is exactly why you didnt see him today. Trump got tired him the expert contradicting everything he said. Suddenly, we saw a new person named Birx going along with the absurd ideas Trump has been parroting around today. She appears to be just another "yes person".

Can not state how big the TIFWIW, but I have spoken to many colleagues across the nation and two sit on the boards of major hospital systems. Consensus is by May 1 Coronavirus is a forgotten story. This is in line with numbers I'm seeing. Hot spots will probably still be active like Albany, GA and NYC just to name two, but I think we are moving rapidly to the return of America. I hope all weathering the storm well, and employment is hopefully still out there. For you small business owners I pray you are all hanging tough. Nothing set in stone, but I think we peaking and descending. Just one man's opinion.

Shoot the messenger. Don't shoot the messenger. Certainly continue to use precautions around those who are more susceptible.

Someone tell Bronco he is gonna have to play out of conference games starting Sept 5 in Atlanta. May the whooping start at the opening kickoff and may God have mercy on the Cavs as I am unsure our Dawgs will have any.

As always Go Dawgs.
Not shooting you, but that doesn't make sense on my end. We've done a much better job of containment and have gone longer than America would have on March 1st with an outbreak. We're still not back to normal, though there have been no mandatory restaurant, club, bar closings. Schools keep pushing back start dates.
The sports haven't started backup either, and that'll be with empty stadiums, arenas.

Well, only 8 people died from the virus on March 14, nine people died from the virus the next day. Here we sit one week later and over 150 people died today alone in the US from the virus.

Point is, there has been over a 15 fold increase in daily deaths in just one week. If, God forbid, there’s a 15 fold increase in the next week, 2250 people in the US will die from the virus on March 29 alone. Those numbers add up quickly.

Hopefully, the measures taken in the last week have begun to flatten the curve. We will see.

Correct, Sports will return in May, without fans at first just like South Korea. Memorial weekend will be the major shot of life the country needs with racing and golf starting back up among other things.
Baseball player got fever yesterday.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/20/who-ignored-taiwan-coronavirus-warning/

May have been running around a little longer than the chicoms admit letting it spread as it did.

And no not every respectable expert disagrees with me. The funny part about science and medicine is that they are open to debate.
Science and medicine are open to debate by other science and medicine that finds research that counters what everyone accepts. This is how you discover the earth isn't flat and that it revolves around the sun.

But what should not be happening is that someone not an expert in those professions should be able to legitimately debate them. This is what's stupid. We've got laymen and laywomen out there reading articles (largely out of context) and using it to refute someone like Fauci. Imagine if you all did that with your doctors.

Last edited:
Reactions: brimur
Fauci disagrees, which is exactly why you didnt see him today. Trump got tired him the expert contradicting everything he said. Suddenly, we saw a new person named Birx going along with the absurd ideas Trump has been parroting around today. She appears to be just another "yes person".
Dr Birx was trained and schooled by Dr. Fauci. He brought her aboard to the Task force. Gushed and gushed about all the incredible things she did for him and for the world wide medical community.
She has been there from day one by the way.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/20/who-ignored-taiwan-coronavirus-warning/

May have been running around a little longer than the chicoms admit letting it spread as it did.

And no not every respectable expert disagrees with me. The funny part about science and medicine is that they are open to debate.

So it was in taiwan, which is right next to China, in late december. That doesnt give credence to your silly idea.

Lets see which experts agree with you. Fauci doesnt. Lawyer doesnt. Inglesby doesnt. Others who arent taking this serious are destroying their credibility.

Dr Birx was trained and schooled by Dr. Fauci. He brought her aboard to the Task force. Gushed and gushed about all the incredible things she did for him and for the world wide medical community.
She has been there from day one by the way.

I hope its just a coincidence she replaced Fauci today. She was terrible today. We need Fauci out there leading the charge.

its been here for months and the economy was fine. the only change is the government got involved and panic ensued

All it took was Tom Hanks getting it and the stock Market yanked and pa ic ensued!

Oh no, I know how to add. But I also have enough common sense to know that there is no way the mortality rate is going to keep doubling every 3 days seeing that it literally hasn’t done that in any other country... But continue spouting nonsense.

The more serious we take it, the less its gonna grow. You should be very concerned for the USA after hearing about Trump's plan to ignore Fauci.

I hope its just a coincidence she replaced Fauci today. She was terrible today. We need Fauci out there leading the charge.
She is fauci’s hand picked person. Not picked by trump. Just to get the narrative straight. None of the numbers posted are correct. It is more. But the virus has also been here longer than tested for. The numbers are going to increase for the next week to two weeks. Then you will see the numbers start to go in the other direction. Unless we start testing every single person with small symptoms. It isn’t the scientist’s fault. They are collecting the only factual data they can. It just isn’t correct. There are going to be some hard choices made in three weeks. Really hard.

Reactions: kdsdawg
It is likely they are swapping out members not to have too many there. There are ten or more people standing arm to arm asking you to social distance and not have groups over ten. Not a good look.

She is fauci’s hand picked person. Not picked by trump. Just to get the narrative straight. None of the numbers posted are correct. It is more. But the virus has also been here longer than tested for. The numbers are going to increase for the next week to two weeks. Then you will see the numbers start to go in the other direction. Unless we start testing every single person with small symptoms. It isn’t the scientist’s fault. They are collecting the only factual data they can. It just isn’t correct. There are going to be some hard choices made in three weeks. Really hard.

She was out there saying "trump" things Fauci wouldnt say. The virus hasnt been going around in large numbers until this month, which is why we now see the death rate increasing. Hopefully they make the right choices in the next 3 weeks, which is probably the opposite of what we will do if Trump gets his way.

Hospital administrators hope it goes away soon, because a lot of them have miserably failed their staff throughout this ordeal!

I can absolutely applaud this sentiment. Administrators think this is a business issue that can be fired or laid off yet it is a medical issue to be dealt with and they HATE when they cannot tell it or pay it enough to go away. They are absolutely pressuring doctors who are posting of being out of necessary PPE and other gear to protect themselves. They were asleep at the helm.

As always Go Dawgs.

Please be right, I can't believe what it's done to my Country.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Oh no, I know how to add. But I also have enough common sense to know that there is no way the mortality rate is going to keep doubling every 3 days seeing that it literally hasn’t done that in any other country... But continue spouting nonsense.
It doesnt need to double every 3 days to hit 12000 in 5 weeks. In fact if it continued to double every 3 days my prediction would be 1.6 million dead in 5 weeks. That is math.

Reactions: JCarbo76
She was out there saying "trump" things Fauci wouldnt say. The virus hasnt been going around in large numbers until this month, which is why we now see the death rate increasing. Hopefully they make the right choices in the next 3 weeks, which is probably the opposite of what we will do if Trump gets his way.
She was out there, because she was in the commercial with fauci and the surgeon general.

Except Fauci himself has stated that Trump listens to him, they are on the same page but he doesn't like the way Trump expresses himself. That would be a fair criticism of Trump. You see, you are using the same hyberbolic rhetoric of Trump when you say Fauci contradicts "everything" he said. That isn't necessary to criticize Trump or the response.

Now, I don't know why Fauci was absent. Knowing how Trump operates, I wouldn't be shocked if it was because Fauci said some unflattering things. Most folks in charge of anything would pull someone out of the public eye if they didn't like the message being presented. What I do know is any Dr. is going to fight for a good medical outcome but there is also a balancing act. Would you support Fauci if he said we all needed to live in a bubble for 3 months and stop all production regardless of whether we could provide basic services once the quarantine ended?

What Trump, and almost anyone with a brain, realizes is we are going to have to start the engine BEFORE we have a 100% solution to the virus. Maybe Fauci is onboard, maybe he isn't but it seems pretty clear we are now starting to focus on protecting the groups that are proving to have the overwhelming number of negative outcomes and putting the groups that have shown to encounter flu like to no symptoms back to work.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
Except Fauci himself has stated that Trump listens to him, they are on the same page but he doesn't like the way Trump expresses himself. That would be a fair criticism of Trump. You see, you are using the same hyberbolic rhetoric of Trump when you say Fauci contradicts "everything" he said. That isn't necessary to criticize Trump or the response.

Now, I don't know why Fauci was absent. Knowing how Trump operates, I wouldn't be shocked if it was because Fauci said some unflattering things. Most folks in charge of anything would pull someone out of the public eye if they didn't like the message being presented. What I do know is any Dr. is going to fight for a good medical outcome but there is also a balancing act. Would you support Fauci if he said we all needed to live in a bubble for 3 months and stop all production regardless of whether we could provide basic services once the quarantine ended?

What Trump, and almost anyone with a brain, realizes is we are going to have to start the engine BEFORE we have a 100% solution to the virus. Maybe Fauci is onboard, maybe he isn't but it seems pretty clear we are now starting to focus on protecting the groups that are proving to have the overwhelming number of negative outcomes and putting the groups that have shown to encounter flu like to no symptoms back to work.
Fauci’s job isn’t to be on board. He is the risk management expert that will give info to the HBC. It is up to Trump to balance risk of fatalities with risk of tanking people’s financial lives. Thank God we have an executive in office and not a career politician.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg

As always Go Dawgs.

that would be awesome

Fauci’s job isn’t to be on board. He is the risk management expert that will give info to the HBC. It is up to Trump to balance risk of fatalities with risk of tanking people’s financial lives. Thank God we have an executive in office and not a career politician.

If you think everything Trump is doing right now is not to get re-elected you are wrong. He is the very definition of a politician, equal but opposite of Pelosi

Reactions: ugafish

Exactly. He doesn’t like Fauci telling people it’s way too soon to go back to work. He wants to filter that noise out.

As for protecting the vulnerable, It Turns out way more people are vulnerable to this illness than just the geriatrics, which was an old belief that has since been disproven. This illness flat out knocks people on their ass in ways the flu doesn’t do, and it spreads to More people.

The HC system isn’t designed to handle something like this. Going back to work is flat out irresponsible if the goal is to maximize lives and our HC system.

If only we had enough masks to help mitigate the risk of going back to work, but there aren’t enough for healthcare workers, much less everyday citizens. Unfortunately, We don’t have a society that wears masks like the Asian ones.

Reactions: Boom MFer Dawg
As for protecting the vulnerable, It Turns out way more people are vulnerable to this illness than just the geriatrics, which was an old belief that has since been disproven. This illness flat out knocks people on their ass in ways the flu doesn’t do, and it spreads to More people.

Did you listen to Dr. Birx yesterday. While you can't say deaths are exclusively limited to over retirement age and those with compromised immunity systems, it's pretty darn close. Yeah, there are some outliers that get knocked on their ass but pneumonia knocks you on your ass as well and we don't put everyone in a bubble to avoid it.

I guess we could just crash the economy while able bodied, low risk groups sit at home but I'd much rather take precautions to protect the most vulnerable, practice social distancing and keep promoting good hygiene and ensure we don't have a crash that resembles the 30s.

Reactions: kdsdawg
Exactly. He doesn’t like Fauci telling people it’s way too soon to go back to work. He wants to filter that noise out.

The HC system isn’t designed to handle something like this. Going back to work is flat out irresponsible if the goal is to maximize lives and our HC system.

If only we had enough masks to help mitigate the risk of going back to work, but there aren’t enough for healthcare workers, much less everyday citizens. Unfortunately, We don’t have a society that wears masks like the Asian ones.

There are 12 and 14 year old kids in GA in the hospital with Corona, one is at CHOA, this is bad stuff. Suggesting the country resume business at usual is truly insane

Science and medicine are open to debate by other science and medicine that finds research that counters what everyone excepts. This is how you discover the earth isn't flat and that it revolves around the sun.

But what should not be happening is that someone not an expert in those professions should be able to legitimately debate them. This is what's stupid. We've got laymen and laywomen out there reading articles (largely out of context) and using it to refute someone like Fauci. Imagine if you all did that with your doctors.
Patients openly question me on a daily basis. I encourage my patients to ask me questions, express concerns about my diagnosis or treatment plans. I tell them any doctor that doesn't have time to answer your questions you need a new doctor myself included. If I am unable to defend my diagnosis or treatment perhaps I have missed something that the patient told me or didn't tell me that they tell me now that will change the plan or diagnosis. If I can't explain it how are my patients supposed to believe I know what I'm doing? It makes a better doctor because I have to listen, and thoughtfully layout my plan. My patient can punch holes in my assessment, and if I can't patch those holes I missed something. It makes for better medicine when doctor and patient can communicate even if my patient isn't an expert in medicine it doesn't make their concerns or questions all less valid.

Science and medicine are open to debate by anyone. Now an expert should be able to defend. If it can't be defended then more research is needed. Laymen often ask questions that deserve good answers. I'm asking questions and the response that the experts have spoken is worthless.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Patients openly question me on a daily basis. I encourage my patients to ask me questions, express concerns about my diagnosis or treatment plans. I tell them any doctor that doesn't have time to answer your questions you need a new doctor myself included. If I am unable to defend my diagnosis or treatment perhaps I have missed something that the patient told me or didn't tell me that they tell me now that will change the plan or diagnosis. If I can't explain it how are my patients supposed to believe I know what I'm doing? It makes a better doctor because I have to listen, and thoughtfully layout my plan. My patient can punch holes in my assessment, and if I can't patch those holes I missed something. It makes for better medicine when doctor and patient can communicate even if my patient isn't an expert in medicine it doesn't make their concerns or questions all less valid.

Science and medicine are open to debate by anyone. Now an expert should be able to defend. If it can't be defended then more research is needed. Laymen often ask questions that deserve good answers. I'm asking questions and the response that the experts have spoken is worthless.
I'm not talking about that. Of course, patients need to be able to question doctors. What this is like is going through a hundred doctors to find one that tells you what you want to hear and then making him the truth whisperer.

So it was in taiwan, which is right next to China, in late december. That doesnt give credence to your silly idea.

Lets see which experts agree with you. Fauci doesnt. Lawyer doesnt. Inglesby doesnt. Others who arent taking this serious are destroying their credibility.
Let's see. ROC and PRC have no diplomatic relations. The only transportation between the to are charter flights, but the virus is proven to be outside of Wuhan in December, only via air transport which means the infected were at airports in China mid December but the virus only went to ROC? Sounds plausible. Or more likely millions of Chinese were infected and traveling since much earlier. If it was in ROC in December it could have been anywhere in the world, and was and this all started much earlier.

Once can be serious and disagree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT