ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Enormous TIFWIW RE: End in Sight?

I'm not talking about that. Of course, patients need to be able to question doctors. What this is like is going through a hundred doctors to find one that tells you what you want to hear and then making him the truth whisperer.
1. Stop moving the goal posts because your augment gets spiked in the end zone
2. No its not. There is far from a consensus. Disagreement and discussion is good. We get the right answers.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
1. Stop moving the goal posts because your augment gets spiked in the end zone
2. No its not. There is far from a consensus. Disagreement and discussion is good. We get the right answers.
You right doc. I'm out. Sorry I questioned you. ;-)

Exactly. He doesn’t like Fauci telling people it’s way too soon to go back to work. He wants to filter that noise out.

As for protecting the vulnerable, It Turns out way more people are vulnerable to this illness than just the geriatrics, which was an old belief that has since been disproven. This illness flat out knocks people on their ass in ways the flu doesn’t do, and it spreads to More people.

The HC system isn’t designed to handle something like this. Going back to work is flat out irresponsible if the goal is to maximize lives and our HC system.

If only we had enough masks to help mitigate the risk of going back to work, but there aren’t enough for healthcare workers, much less everyday citizens. Unfortunately, We don’t have a society that wears masks like the Asian ones.

As of this a.m. Dr. Fauci had this to say.

VINCE COGLIANESE: It seems like increasingly a bunch of questions from the media are designed to create a rift between you and the President of the United States, at least, to emphasize differences of opinion that creates distances between you and the president. Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences. They really, fundamentally, at the core when you look at it, there are not differences. The president has listened to what I’ve said with the other people on the task force have said. When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered and overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful and I’d wish that would stop so we can look ahead at the challenge we have together to get over this thing.

You right doc. I'm out. Sorry I questioned you. ;-)
No need to apologize. I don't mind being questioned as I said. And the goal posts move again. You change your argument when it loses. I don't mind a healthy a discussion.

The more serious we take it, the less its gonna grow. You should be very concerned for the USA after hearing about Trump's plan to ignore Fauci.

It's not a coincidence. Birx is willing to tow the company line and Fauci will correct anything he thinks that is said that is wrong. That much is obvious. We all know that people who tow the company line will eventually become the spokesperson from the medical field for the administration.

The whole way these daily press conferences go down has been disappointing to me. I'd like to hear the facts as they see them, what is going on in hotspots, what we can expect moving forward, and any treatments that they are looking at or finding that work. I really don't give a crap about the time wasted on self-congratulations and congratulating everybody who is involved over and over and over. It really doesn't convey any meaningful information when that is ongoing, and it seems to take up about half the time. Just stop that crap so we don't need to filter through that for pertinent info.

Can not state how big the TIFWIW, but I have spoken to many colleagues across the nation and two sit on the boards of major hospital systems. Consensus is by May 1 Coronavirus is a forgotten story. This is in line with numbers I'm seeing. Hot spots will probably still be active like Albany, GA and NYC just to name two, but I think we are moving rapidly to the return of America. I hope all weathering the storm well, and employment is hopefully still out there. For you small business owners I pray you are all hanging tough. Nothing set in stone, but I think we peaking and descending. Just one man's opinion.

Shoot the messenger. Don't shoot the messenger. Certainly continue to use precautions around those who are more susceptible.

Someone tell Bronco he is gonna have to play out of conference games starting Sept 5 in Atlanta. May the whooping start at the opening kickoff and may God have mercy on the Cavs as I am unsure our Dawgs will have any.

As always Go Dawgs.
That's a helluva rumor. I've warned my kids that rumors fly like hell during a crisis. I sure as hell hope it's correct.

If you think everything Trump is doing right now is not to get re-elected you are wrong. He is the very definition of a politician, equal but opposite of Pelosi
His re-election rests on his ability to navigate this crisis successfully. And because he hasn’t been a politician his whole career, and instead has a ton of successful executive experience running organizations, he will do just that. Even if a big part of his motivation is RE-election / legacy, our interests are aligned. My point is that he has much better experience to handle this than a community organizer.

It's not a coincidence. Birx is willing to tow the company line and Fauci will correct anything he thinks that is said that is wrong. That much is obvious. We all know that people who tow the company line will eventually become the spokesperson from the medical field for the administration.

The whole way these daily press conferences go down has been disappointing to me. I'd like to hear the facts as they see them, what is going on in hotspots, what we can expect moving forward, and any treatments that they are looking at or finding that work. I really don't give a crap about the time wasted on self-congratulations and congratulating everybody who is involved over and over and over. It really doesn't convey any meaningful information when that is ongoing, and it seems to take up about half the time. Just stop that crap so we don't need to filter through that for pertinent info.

I don’t totally disagree with you but you need to ask the media why they keep going to these press briefings looking to get quick sound bites and ‘gotcha!’ type clips instead of asking real questions that Americans care about. I’m not saying all the media members are doing that but some of them most certainly are. Don’t think they aren’t riding this pandemic for all of the ratings and clicks possible.

Its not been here in large numbers until this month, and its only getting worse without more widespread lockdowns.
its been here since at least December and if it is as contagious as you think it is, Just think how many have it and recovered in Jan alone.

I don't know where you get your information, but COVID-19 has only just begun killing people in this country
how do you know this? He is correct in that this virus has been here since November. You need to realize how many flights go to and from Wuhan in a month from the US. If it is as contagious as everyone thinks, there were people with the virus in December that thought they had the flu, maybe an upper respiratory illness, the older passed away from it, just like the flu, others recovered, just like the flu.

I think Trump should hold one of his rallies and then do selfies with everybody after. That would really restore the nation's confidence that this was all just an overreaction.

I think Trump should hold one of his rallies and then do selfies with everybody after. That would really restore the nation's confidence that this was all just an overreaction.

We get it man, you don’t like Trump... Dash has repeatedly asked that politics be kept out of these posts so if you don’t actually have anything of value to add to the conversation just stop posting.

Italy hasn’t reported any new cases in the last two days fwiw. Also interesting to see that the virus is not nearly as widespread in the Southern Hemisphere. Really hoping the heat and humidity knocks it down in the weeks and months ahead.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Actually, another interesting theory here is that in places in Africa and S.A. they still have high instances of malaria. There are a lot of people here taking hydroxychloroquine to fight the malaria and therefore are killing the covid. Interesting theory.

Reactions: Artie Fufkin
I don’t totally disagree with you but you need to ask the media why they keep going to these press briefings looking to get quick sound bites and ‘gotcha!’ type clips instead of asking real questions that Americans care about. I’m not saying all the media members are doing that but some of them most certainly are. Don’t think they aren’t riding this pandemic for all of the ratings and clicks possible.

Don't disagree, but the media has always been thus. And why should I ask the media anything? I'm not a media lover. WH has to be able to deal with it. Simply say that question is irrelevant to this subject - next question.

Reactions: theboyracer45
We get it man, you don’t like Trump... Dash has repeatedly asked that politics be kept out of these posts so if you don’t actually have anything of value to add to the conversation just stop posting.

You mean gems like when you suggested that we would need to keep doubling deaths every 3 days to get to 12k in 5 weeks when that would actually take us to 1.6 million? That kind of value?

It doesnt need to double every 3 days to hit 12000 in 5 weeks. In fact if it continued to double every 3 days my prediction would be 1.6 million dead in 5 weeks. That is math.

Did you listen to Dr. Birx yesterday. While you can't say deaths are exclusively limited to over retirement age and those with compromised immunity systems, it's pretty darn close. Yeah, there are some outliers that get knocked on their ass but pneumonia knocks you on your ass as well and we don't put everyone in a bubble to avoid it.

I guess we could just crash the economy while able bodied, low risk groups sit at home but I'd much rather take precautions to protect the most vulnerable, practice social distancing and keep promoting good hygiene and ensure we don't have a crash that resembles the 30s.

I am not just talking about death, but rather critical care. This is causing severe pneumonia in a that needs intubation in normal young people, and that is extreme treatment. That’s not “the flu” as the nut jobs have led people to believe.

Reactions: celticdawg
Let's see. ROC and PRC have no diplomatic relations. The only transportation between the to are charter flights, but the virus is proven to be outside of Wuhan in December, only via air transport which means the infected were at airports in China mid December but the virus only went to ROC? Sounds plausible. Or more likely millions of Chinese were infected and traveling since much earlier. If it was in ROC in December it could have been anywhere in the world, and was and this all started much earlier.

Once can be serious and disagree

Perhaps it came to America in January near Chinese new year. It damn sure wasn’t all over America until more recently. The severe illness’ we see from Covid silly weren’t being seen until February, and not in large numbers until march.

Reactions: JCarbo76
As of this a.m. Dr. Fauci had this to say.

VINCE COGLIANESE: It seems like increasingly a bunch of questions from the media are designed to create a rift between you and the President of the United States, at least, to emphasize differences of opinion that creates distances between you and the president. Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences. They really, fundamentally, at the core when you look at it, there are not differences. The president has listened to what I’ve said with the other people on the task force have said. When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered and overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful and I’d wish that would stop so we can look ahead at the challenge we have together to get over this thing.

That’s just him trying to damage control without making his boss look like a total moron. He is simply preserving his job, hoping to influence trump in some positive manner. I highly doubt he would believe that privately.

Reactions: East Lake Dawg 61
yes because the mid west needs to be locked down like NY does, ridiculous. You need to look at the map and look at the hot spots. The sparsely populated areas don't need what NYC and Miami need. This is a state/local issue, not national.

This is a national emergency. Every place will eventually get hit, even Omaha. Travel between states helps the spread, and that needs to be drastically cut back. Spring breakers from Florida and Texas beach flew home all across the nation. I doubt you understand the significance of that.

and you know this how? Do you have any idea how many flights came directly from Wuhan to the US or indirectly from Wuhan to the US in November and Dec???

From what we know, It wasn’t widespread in China until January. Wuhan was locked down in late January. Whistle blower doctor reported incidences in late December.

From what we know, It wasn’t widespread in China until January. Wuhan was locked down in late January. Whistle blower doctor reported incidences in late December.
ROC reported it mid December. PRC lies. We really have no idea what happened there. When another country reports the outbreak it is well out of control.
Perhaps it came to America in January near Chinese new year. It damn sure wasn’t all over America until more recently. The severe illness’ we see from Covid silly weren’t being seen until February, and not in large numbers until march.
See above

People so badly want to believe this myth that it was already widespread in the fall so we don't have to do anything now. If that were so then the current ICU crunch would have happened months ago too.

Reactions: so_comfort1
Nothing that happened in America supports your idiotic claim of widespread in November. It’s only become widespread in March. That’s what the ICU’s tell us.
except nobody was getting tested before, how can your brain not get this? You think it magically appeared here in when?, Feb, Jan? Are you serious? And you are a doctor, please tell me where so I can refuse to go there. You have zero common sense.
Here is a prestigious university that refutes your claims. Hope they are legitimate enough for your brilliance.

https://www.ft.com/content/5ff6469a-6dd8-11ea-89df-41bea055720b

Nothing that happened in America supports your idiotic claim of widespread in November. It’s only become widespread in March. That’s what the ICU’s tell us.
I said it has been here since November.

It hasn’t just become widespread in March. We just have testing data coming online now that confirm cases. It could have been here for years. We don’t actually know. What we do know is the USA confirmed the first case in Seattle on Jan 15 after PRC confirmed their first case on Dec 31. PRC are liars. No telling how long it was circulating but best guess is 6-8 weeks and it got out of PRC in that time hence it probably arrived late November to early December but we were not testing for it

what does lock down have to do with anything? How much of the US is currently under lock down yet the virus has been here for awhile
I said it has been here since November.

It hasn’t just become widespread in March. We just have testing data coming online now that confirm cases. It could have been here for years. We don’t actually know. What we do know is the USA confirmed the first case in Seattle on Jan 15 after PRC confirmed their first case on Dec 31. PRC are liars. No telling how long it was circulating but best guess is 6-8 weeks and it got out of PRC in that time hence it probably arrived late November to early December but we were not testing for it
Thank God, now I understand. Thank you.

I can tell you as my law partner's wife is an ER doc that there has been an explosion in respiratory cases in the last month. That does not comport with this theory. At all.

Reactions: kckd
Reading my mind.

As far as what you said about the outbreak couldn't have happened in November, what we see from other countries bares this out. The cult church over here in Korea that is the reason for the breakout, had everyone eventually tested in that church. Sixty-two percent positive in a church of 10,000. The idea that this was going around five to six months back and no one knew about it, or that it was mostly contained in China for that long is ridiculous.

Reactions: Lionel Mandrake
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT