ADVERTISEMENT

Entirely political.

Meaning the season starting on time. Meaning no events postponed. Meaning no games rescheduled.

If all of these things happened, the perception of the severity of the virus would be diminished.

....and what does that have to do with an already delayed and fan-less/fan-lite college football?

Compensated BY WHOM??? The lengths some people will go to in order to perpetuate a conspiracy theory... o_O

Simmer down, I'm not perpetuating a Consp. theory. I was quoted and asked to give specifics on what I thought was happening. I won't try and convince you, just as you won't try and convince me. What's your theory on the whole thing?

Except real leaders stand up and say to those pansy entitled kids, "Fine. We're having a football season and if you're not present on the first day of practice we will understand you have chose to surrender your full scholarship and we will offer that scholarship to another student athlete. If we have to delay the season a month to finalize our rosters, we will. If we have to essentially revert to a club sport, we will. And you will matriculate elsewhere."

If all Pac12 presidents had the balls to do that, you'd have a handful of rich white boys take a stand to make a statement, but most players would return. Leaders don't let students run their universities.
In reality, I think the "pansy entitled kids" you are referring to make maybe 2% of the players in the PAC 12, BIG, SEC, and every other conference. The overwhelming percentage of the players want to play. These decisions are not being made by the players. The players have the right to opt out (assuming there is a season) and very few have chosen to do so to date.

Reactions: Pugknows
I could be 100% wrong, but my take is this is more about college presidents not wanting to deal with the liability issues presented by playing coupled with the legit fear of athletes unifying around the idea of quasi or full professionalism. If you put a gun to the heads of the presidents and asked them is this more about player safety or is it more about long term costs if this goes the way it looks like it would go, I think they'd tell us they're using COVID as the pretense to avoid paying players for the next 100 years.

You could absolutely be right, which imo would be worse than it being political. Social media has encouraged this line of thinking I think. People are terrified of something small gaining traction with an online mob and becoming a reality.

As I’ve continued to say.

Has nothing to do with what’s best for the kids, all about politics and back-end pressure Presidents are receiving from those above them.
College FB is never necessarily because of the kids interest . If interests overlap , great. It's about money

Reactions: HuskerDawg1005
I could be 100% wrong, but my take is this is more about college presidents not wanting to deal with the liability issues presented by playing coupled with the legit fear of athletes unifying around the idea of quasi or full professionalism. If you put a gun to the heads of the presidents and asked them is this more about player safety or is it more about long term costs if this goes the way it looks like it would go, I think they'd tell us they're using COVID as the pretense to avoid paying players for the next 100 years.

I don't disagree. My point was that someone starts talking about something being political, they are usually being political themselves.

Reactions: HuskerDawg1005
In reality, I think the "pansy entitled kids" you are referring to make maybe 2% of the players in the PAC 12, BIG, SEC, and every other conference. The overwhelming percentage of the players want to play. These decisions are not being made by the players. The players have the right to opt out (assuming there is a season) and very few have chosen to do so to date.
This is true. My point is that if the presidents are refusing to go forward in large measure because of the #WeAreUnited threat (as is being repeatedly alleged to obfuscate the fact that the major reason these decisions are being made is politics) then simply call their bluff. It'll remedy itself.

Reactions: MaitlandFloridaDawg

The people pulling strings don't realize this will backfire on them. Many people will be pissed and vote Donald because most people are tired of hearing and dealing with COVID. I hate this decision for me but the trickle down will hit high school football and it's not close to fair to the seniors. College is easy...everyone is treated as if they red shirt. Not so for high school. I hate those that are abusing political power just to get folks upset.

Reactions: MaitlandFloridaDawg
The people pulling strings don't realize this will backfire on them. Many people will be pissed and vote Donald because most people are tired of hearing and dealing with COVID. I hate this decision for me but the trickle down will hit high school football and it's not close to fair to the seniors. College is easy...everyone is treated as if they red shirt. Not so for high school. I hate those that are abusing political power just to get folks upset.

that already happened. Beyond over COVID. 8k people die a day in US on avg and we are just slightly above that, and 97% seniors. Get busy livin or get busy dyin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT