ADVERTISEMENT

Even MORE good news! All the death predictions of the experts have been spectacularly wrong...

JohnnyBeeDawg

Circle of Honor
Aug 5, 2001
The experts were predicting over 800,000 deaths worldwide by Mar. 31.
It's Mar. 27: 24,900 deaths.
Growth rate last 10 days: 11.4%/day.
At this rate, it'll be at LESS THAN 39,000 -- less than half of the lowest estimates.

ETd6cVjXsAIE-Pd

All true stats for our current situation.

But, it's not about where we are, it's about where we're headed.
That's actually only part of the story. Its where we perceive its headed and that's mostly driven by the MSM. And they are concentrating on number of cases vs number of deaths which IMO are causing more panic than is necessary. Dr Birx seems to be the most rational of the experts. Trumps latest comments on doing a county by county assessment and opening back up those that are the least at risk also seems the most rational. Why close a state that has zero cases or less than ten? Same for a county.

To be fair there are plenty of epidemiological experts that disagree with Dr. Brix's assessments.

Sadly, this has become a textbook example of confirmation bias. There are so many expert models out there that we all are tending to believe the ones that fit our preconceived ideas.

Reactions: TimberRidgeDawg
At this rate, it'll be at LESS THAN 39,000 -- less than half of the lowest estimates.

ETd6cVjXsAIE-Pd
Good news is due to the social distancing measures in place. That is the way to fight this for now. Sorry, but you’re poll looks more like a Buzzfeed poll than expert predictions.

US Coronavirus
Cases, 93,131
Deaths, 1,382
.015 death rate

Numbers seem reasonable, but I don't think it's the appropriate calculation. Just my guess, from the various estimates, but I don't think the death rate will be 1.5% based on what we know now. Some seem to doubt Dr. Fauci, but I have heard him use 1% as the death rate.

That's actually only part of the story. Its where we perceive its headed and that's mostly driven by the MSM. And they are concentrating on number of cases vs number of deaths which IMO are causing more panic than is necessary. Dr Birx seems to be the most rational of the experts. Trumps latest comments on doing a county by county assessment and opening back up those that are the least at risk also seems the most rational. Why close a state that has zero cases or less than ten? Same for a county.

Yes, where is it headed? I assume your referring to "main stream media", which is not what I rely on in perceiving what is going on. And definitely not something that just appears on the internet. I am not a fan of most of the media and I agree much is either biased or just ratings driven. What's important is how the various governments are perceiving where its heading. I don't see that it's driven by the MSM, but at lower levels might not be made for the "right" reasons.

We can't control people from hoarding (though now there are some controls) and we can't keep people from committing suicide because they test positive.

I believe counties are doing their own assessment. In Florida, the governor has declined to do a statewide stay-at-home. So not every county has "closed". I'm not sure about NY or LA as far as statewide, but there are areas in those states that have a lot of cases right now.

To be fair there are plenty of epidemiological experts that disagree with Dr. Brix's assessments.

Sadly, this has become a textbook example of confirmation bias. There are so many expert models out there that we all are tending to believe the ones that fit our preconceived ideas.

Very good. There are plenty of experts out there (and even more who claim some expertise), but it's been a quickly changing scenario that's hard to predict. As a simple example, the current number of cases is going to vary greatly based on the testing and the amount/type of quarantines that are in existence. Quite a lot of variability in estimates is to be expected.

Yes, confirmation bias. Very prominent in our current situation. And then I have seen a lot of bias in how something is presented.

Good news is due to the social distancing measures in place. That is the way to fight this for now. Sorry, but you’re poll looks more like a Buzzfeed poll than expert predictions.
LOL. I don’t think the social distancing was being done when the present cases were being contracted.
Guess what? The reality of this virus is magnitudes less than the insane predictions. That’s a fact. It’s not an assessment.

ETd6cVjXsAIE-Pd
Your efforts to demonstrate what a dumbass you are have long since reached the point of diminishing return.

has called JohnnyBee many things thru the years, but “dumbass” ain’t one of them.

You need to do your homework...
Try reading this thread and looking at his chart again. Did you do YOUR homework? Don’t tell me the dog ate it.

Wish someone would figure out why, based on this metric, the death rate in GA is twice that.

Because Georgia’s testing isn’t nearly as widespread as NY’s has been. Thus, we really have no clue about how many cases we have.

Last edited:
Hahahaha. I love the first half of this thread versus the second half of this thread. It's a wonder the first half guys were literate enough to post. Important to read the year on a prediction.

Reactions: khonelson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT