ADVERTISEMENT

Existing drugs for Covid-19

As a vaccine could be over a year away, the answer to begin treating Covid-19 much sooner is in finding existing medications that could help.
Here is an article that discusses some of these existing medications:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...-may-be-repurposed-treat-coronavirus-n1162021
Even though Plaquenil(hydroxychloroquine) is indicated for malaria, it is also used off-label for mild to moderate RA, which I have. I have been on it for almost five months, it's cheap, and I have had no problem with side effects or efficacy. It would be really great if one of these autoimmune medicines could treat COVID-19.

Reactions: LrgK9
I ordered some of that malaria drug online. Just in case.
It is a prescription drug so if you order online who knows what you are actually getting. I would be careful doing that.

It is a prescription drug so if you order online who knows what you are actually getting. I would be careful doing that.

That’s the beauty of international pharmacies. They can just skip the whole requirement of s prescription. It’s only a last resort.

That’s the beauty of international pharmacies. They can just skip the whole requirement of s prescription. It’s only a last resort.

And the ugliness about international pharmacies is the lack of oversight as to what you are getting. Your last resort could result in what you are trying to avoid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT