ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Few more G-Day notes

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021

We reported yesterday before the game that the Ikinnagbon recruitment could be over this weekend. It turned he announced about an hour or so after the game ended.

Pay no attention to the ranking on this one (I'll get to work fixing it, I promise). Ikinnagbon has been prioritized by Chidera Uzo-Diribe and company for months. A second visit of the spring (unofficially, from New Jersey) proved to be the nail in the coffin.

Bryce Davis, Mariyon Dye, Zion Grady are a few other names to watch. Think there's one, maybe two more spots open there.

We've reported that there is plenty of reason to feel like Justus Terry will end up back in Georgia's class. The planned visit this weekend had a lot to do with that.

Coming out of the weekend, we're hearing some strong confidence from our sources surrounding Terry's recruitment. Remember, Terry will be back in Athens again for his official visit May 31-June 2 before he goes back to USC again. There's plenty of reason for the Bulldogs to be confident here. I feel like a Terry flip back to Georgia is more likely after this weekend.

I'm also feeling more confident in Georgia's position with Travis Smith.

There was some trepidation earlier in the spring when Bryan McClendon left and James Coley took over. But Coley, as well as Josh Crawford, have done a fantastic job in recruiting Smith over the past 6 or 8 weeks. I'm picking Smith to end up as a Bulldog as of today.

Looking ahead to the 2026 class, Georgia had a ton of offensive line talent in town this weekend. The building blocks of another solid class are there. Two names in particular we're hearing Georgia made a move with:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News