Insider Note Few notes on top targets

Trent Smallwood

War Daddy
Staff
Aug 25, 2014
Flowery Branch, Georgia
uga.rivals.com
Upcoming announcement:

- Starting to hear a little more with Georgia regarding Kam Mikell. He was not able to make the Tennessee visit due to sickness as Lance posted. I think Colorado is the main threat to the Bulldogs but starting to like Georgia's chances a little more here. See what we hear first of the week.

- If Georgia does land Mikell on Thursday, I do not see the Bulldogs taking an additional wide receiver as of today. Unless a flip of a top rated target happened, the Bulldogs have a great group coming back, and could add another in the portal. I know Terrell Anderson has been a name to watch but I would not pencil him in as of today. Things could change with the numbers with the portal, but as of today, this is what I am hearing.

- The defensive line class is really good and could get better if the Bulldogs land JUCO DE Brien Taylor. He was at Tennessee this past weekend and has a few other visits scheduled. As of today, I like where Georgia stands. The development and NFL Draft history is playing a big role here. I do expect Georgia to be active in the portal on the defensive line as well.

- Marcellus Barnes backed off his pledge to Virginia Tech today but I am not ready to pencil him into this Georgia class just yet. His recruitment is heating up big time and has had numerous teams jump in the mix. I do think the Bulldogs are the school right at the top, but Ole Miss, Florida and others are pushing hard here as well. In-home visits and possible December visits will settle this recruitment and a commitment likely will not happen until signing day in December or the week of.

- I know all of you are going to ask about possible flips. Look, I think this passing offense is really helping with receivers in the '25 and '26 classes. We will wait and see if we hear any names coming on campus in December from the '24 class. I have not heard of any receivers just yet, but there might be a few committed elsewhere prospects show up in Athens after the SEC Championship. We will wait and see on that. This staff and team is currently trying to finish off it's third straight 12-0 season next Saturday. Remarkable stuff happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News