ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg For those that use TV streaming services...

We use FUBO and and love it. It basically gives us the 100-130 comcast channels that we would actually watch. Easy to use, my 10 and 6 yo have no issue logging in and using it. I tried Hulu, Sling and then FUBO, and it was the best fit for us.

Is there a streaming service that offers the major news channels, local (ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX) ones, and all of the sports including the SEC Channel that's worth a damn? Meaning, doesn't increase their rates to the point you should have just stayed with DirecTV? Are there any that broadcast in 4K?

Is there a streaming service that offers the major news channels, local (ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX) ones, and all of the sports including the SEC Channel that's worth a damn? Meaning, doesn't increase their rates to the point you should have just stayed with DirecTV? Are there any that broadcast in 4K?
I have ATT TV for streaming and have all of that. I think we pay $80/month for it

Streaming is turning into be a nightmare because every major channel is now charging for their content via special channels, that won’t be included in major platforms. You truly get nickeled and dimes for tjis
Add on, that add in etc..
Yeah unfortunately the house always wins. Streaming was the cheap hack around standard cable 3-4 years ago, but now you’re getting less and paying more. I still like mine because I can watch it on a TV in two different locations (as opposed to paying for cable at both) but it’s less of a bargain than it was (if it’s a bargain at all).

To me the benefit of streaming cable now is convenience (no box, TV doesn’t have to be near an outlet) more than cost

Reactions: LawDawg86
Yeah unfortunately the house always wins. Streaming was the cheap hack around standard cable 3-4 years ago, but now you’re getting less and paying more. I still like mine because I can watch it on a TV in two different locations (as opposed to paying for cable at both) but it’s less of a bargain than it was (if it’s a bargain at all).

To me the benefit of streaming cable now is convenience (no box, TV doesn’t have to be near an outlet) more than cost
This is the answer. It’s not a bargain anymore but still love the cleanliness of no boxes and no contract. Gonna have to see what i do in April if YouTube tv doesn’t pick up fox sports south

in response to the last part, basically none of them have 4K except maybe for movie rentals, which you can rent in 4K through other platforms anyway. Kind of a moot point at this stage as almost no sporting events are actually broadcast using 4K cameras, apart from huge games like the Super bowl or national championship. I think we are a few years away from 4K live sports broadcasts being a regular occurrence.

How so? I had heard good things about the interface. I've used YTTV for the appleTV so I'm familiar with that one.

I threw the Apple TV interface out. Ate up my WiFi and the interface was crap imo.

Get Roku Ultra for your quality main tv, use the corded Ethernet plug in from your router and you are Fiber optic all the way on your streaming.
This does not suck down on your WiFi for your other devices & vice versa.

Am using Roku Ultra or a Roku Stick for all my TVs (home & cabin). One interface and it’s a good one imo; best I’ve used.

Btw, check out Resident Alien on the SyFi channel (included with YTTV) just came out last week and it’s hilarious.

Reactions: Spe77
I threw the Apple TV interface out. Ate up my WiFi and the interface was crap imo.

Get Roku Ultra for your quality main tv, use the corded Ethernet plug in from your router and you are Fiber optic all the way on your streaming.
This does not suck down on your WiFi for your other devices & vice versa.

Am using Roku Ultra or a Roku Stick for all my TVs (home & cabin). One interface and it’s a good one imo; best I’ve used.
I love Apple products and that’s why the Apple TV is surprisingly awful. Roku is infinitely better and more intuitive

Reactions: LrgK9
Yes, YTTV.

Just as an aside, Wife and I sprung for a Samsung Qled as our holiday gift to each other.

Glory Be. The sucker has its own web browser.
You can hit this site and surf the Internet straight away. Remote doubles as a mouse.
It also supports Apple play as well as Google from other devices. (Easy to watch Athensdawg YouTube now!)

The RIJKS museum in Amsterdam has put a lot of super high def paintings and other art on the web. They did this to share with the world while Covid has us locked down. Load their app today and have museum quality art on your wall.

Just did this today - WOW - what a time to be alive.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried FUBO TV? I’ve heard some good things and looks to be the same price as YouTubeTV. Anyone tried both?
I am currently using FUBO and have liked it. $65 a month and has all the channels I was looking for.
Got 2 separate free trials during football season to watch the Dawgs and kept it after the 2nd

Reactions: donalsonville_dawg
Enjoying YTTV, got rid of Directv in October and have not looked back. Luckily, my father-in-law gave me his login for Uverse, so I can watch Fox Sports South for Hawks/Braves. To me, that is the only down-side.

Gonna get interesting in the coming years to see how this evolves. Prices will always go up, content it king.

Just as an aside, Wife and I sprung for a Samsung Qled as our holiday gift to each other.

Glory Be. The sucker has its own web browser.
You can hit this site and surf the Internet straight away. Remote doubles as a mouse.
It also supports Apple play as well as Google from other devices. (Easy to watch Athensdawg YouTube now!)

The RIJKS museum in Amsterdam has put a lot of super high def paintings and other art on the web. They did this to share with the world while Covid has us locked down. Load their app today and have museum quality art on your wall.

Just did this today - WOW - what a time to be alive.

How much did this set you back ? $700 ?

Pretty pissed at YTTV right now for not carrying the regional Fox networks, which means I can't get home team hockey. Total BS. Going to have to resort to some illegal streaming The Traitor came up with.

Has anyone tried FUBO TV? I’ve heard some good things and looks to be the same price as YouTubeTV. Anyone tried both?
I have used them all. FUBO TV gives you the most bang for the buck. I am currently using the ATT TV no contract plan. It is slightly more expensive for roughly the same amount of channels, but they have TNT so I switched for basketball season. Ultimately, if you are looking for the most amount of channels for your money, FUBO TV and ATT TV are the way to go. If you are looking for unlimited DVR (which no one really needs) and the next largest selection of channels (you can get way more channels with FUBO and ATT TV), YTTV is the way to go. If you are looking for best interface and most features, FUBO TV wins. If you are looking for the best integration with the Apple TV (“Siri, watch NBC”), ATT TV wins. If you are looking for best on demand content in conjunction with live TV, HULU Live TV wins. If you are looking for the best channel by channel customization and lowest price options (worst interface and least stable) Sling TV wins.

Reactions: RoyDawgMercer
in response to the last part, basically none of them have 4K except maybe for movie rentals, which you can rent in 4K through other platforms anyway. Kind of a moot point at this stage as almost no sporting events are actually broadcast using 4K cameras, apart from huge games like the Super bowl or national championship. I think we are a few years away from 4K live sports broadcasts being a regular occurrence.
FUBO TV has 4K for some sports.

YouTube TV has best channel selection/interface/options (DVR, on-demand..etc.) IMO. if price is the same.

Wish it was still $50/month but still better than cable bc you don't need boxes in every room.
YouTube TV has best channel selection/interface/options (DVR, on-demand..etc.) IMO. if price is the same.

Wish it was still $50/month but still better than cable bc you don't need boxes in every room.
Mt son has YouTube and swears by it.

Reactions: LrgK9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT