ADVERTISEMENT

FYI ND

I don’t see us closing
Heads up.
Just received the following from one of my military brothers in DC. Please be advised, within 48-72 hours the president will evoke what is called the Stafford act. Just got off the phone with some of my military friends in DC who got out of a 2 hour briefing. The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Make sure you have enough supplies to last 2 weeks. Be vigilant out there.

@Inholland1 wanted me to forward this to everyone.

I don’t see us closing grocery stores if Italy has not

Ca

DJT said today at his presser all major grocery stores would remain open.

I don’t see us closing

I don’t see us closing grocery stores if Italy has not

There is no way the food supply chain is going to be shut down. If you want panic and rioting, just try that. I ain't got enough Butterball to go 'round for errbody.

Heads up.
Just received the following from one of my military brothers in DC. Please be advised, within 48-72 hours the president will evoke what is called the Stafford act. Just got off the phone with some of my military friends in DC who got out of a 2 hour briefing. The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Make sure you have enough supplies to last 2 weeks. Be vigilant out there.

Stafford Act was invoked two days ago.

Grocery stores , banks, hospital and doctor offices will be open
Hospital here (son still in-patient) just enacted tonight a 1 person per patient policy for duration of stay. If you’re not actively helpful to the patient, you can’t stay. Have to be in patient’s room by 7pm daily. Nurse told me it comes from the chief of infectious diseases, which I’m sure came from state department of health, CDC, etc. To be honest, I’m glad. After going through what he’s been through in ICU (he’s in PCU now) he’s still very very very vulnerable as are other patients here. Staff needs to be protected as much as they can as well.

Hospital here (son still in-patient) just enacted tonight a 1 person per patient policy for duration of stay. If you’re not actively helpful to the patient, you can’t stay. Have to be in patient’s room by 7pm daily. Nurse told me it comes from the chief of infectious diseases, which I’m sure came from state department of health, CDC, etc. To be honest, I’m glad. After going through what he’s been through in ICU (he’s in PCU now) he’s still very very very vulnerable as are other patients here. Staff needs to be protected as much as they can as well.
Is your son sick with Covid-19?

Is your son sick with Covid-19?
We were told he was positive for RSV via resp panel... I saw the results too. Wasn’t tested for corona. Severe pneumonia, on vent for a week. Now in recovery which has been up and down but he’s a lot better today. Has been off supplemental oxygen for a few days now.

Heads up.

Am starting to hear this is a very real possibility. Short term pain to hopefully nip this thing to the extent we can.

We were told he was positive for RSV via resp panel... I saw the results too. Wasn’t tested for corona. Severe pneumonia, on vent for a week. Now in recovery which has been up and down but he’s a lot better today. Has been off supplemental oxygen for a few days now.
Prayers for him and your family.

Reactions: 1gadave
My wife has 3 cases at her hospital and waiting for results for 2 more. Friend that works for Piedmont here in Athens said they sent their patient home for self isolation. I find that hard to believe but who knows

My wife has 3 cases at her hospital and waiting for results for 2 more. Friend that works for Piedmont here in Athens said they sent their patient home for self isolation. I find that hard to believe but who knows

Both the confirmed cases in Athens were sent home. They were mild cases and it was not necessary to keep them in the hospital.

Oconee County Georgia Sheriff's Office
18 mins ·
I feel I need to address the internet rumors of "Stafford Act", "military" or "administration" types enforcing some type of 2 week quarantine across the country.
There is still a Constitution in this country. Since the 1800's Georgia has had laws dealing with quarantines and isolation, particularly in regards to non compliant tuberculosis patients.
We have done it before....taking non compliant tb patients into custody and making them take the medicine they were ignoring.
There are laws in place to protect the rights of those subject to isolation. As long as people remain compliant, that is, they follow instructions should they be quarantined, there is no problem. People forcibly quarantined have rights, including lawyers paid by the state. They are entitled to hearings, lawyers, writs of habeas corpus, etc...
This is America, not Cuba.
Wash your hands.
If you are sick, stay home. If you are sick, get medical attention.
Avoid large crowds, shaking hands and hugging sickly looking people..or your mother in law.
We can do this without fear of military take over. I doubt we have enough soldiers in this country to take over South Georgia, much less Texas.
WE got this.....together.

Heads up.

So, health care employees still report and likely to be exposed. Do you quarantine them in hospital, while draining resources or send them home to self quarantine. It’s a futile battle, every community will be exposed. Example, the flu. This may be the most fanatical act our planet has ever seen.

The Stafford Act has already been invoked so that part literally can’t be true.

Posse Comitatus Act prevents the military from being used for law enforcement in the United States. What you’re describing would require a suspension of the writ of Habeus Corpus and Martial law. There is a very low chance of that actually happening.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT