ADVERTISEMENT

Global warming

come on, man. weather vs. climate. those of us who live near the water or who are tied to the fisheries just shake our heads...

did you enjoy snow crabs? not a particular favorite of mine but...

Environmentalist are cultist. They don’t care about the economy or people’s livelihoods. Changing weather patterns have happened for millennia but the dumbasses on the left think mankind has solely caused the latest warming trend over the last few decades.Hell, one volcano can erupt & cause more disruption to earth’s atmosphere/climate than mankind could do in thousands of years with the exception of nuclear weapons.

What used to be called "global warming" was changed to "climate change" when it was proven that the earth is, in fact, not warming.

It is simply a tool of our enemies to appeal to those who see our civilization becoming more and more mechanized and technology centered and long for a slower lifestyle. The Russians originally, started this propaganda because they were and still are so far behind in those areas.

It is not difficult to see the appeal, especially for those who have no motivation to succeed in western life or are addled by drug use or are waiting for mom to let them know when dindin is ready.

Many people, including myself, feel that technology is advancing at an alarming rate and needs to be controlled because it is now being abused to manipulate the masses, sometimes in very destructive ways. Mechanization and chemical use which is a contributor to pollution also needs attention.

But, the hysteria and loony tune reasoning which demands that this country in particular move to sources of energy which cannot fulfill our needs was propagated in an attempt to disrupt this country's economy as well as the aforementioned reason.

The truth is, we are not even close to the world's top polluter and one of the two largest polluters is without question our enemy. They have no intention to lower their "carbon footprint". In fact, they would like to put their footprint right on our face.

I don't know what the best answer is. But I do think we can rule out panicking over cow farts.

Last edited:
China has over 2400 coal fired power plants, and intend to build 1200 more. They used buy a lot of coal from Australia but the greens are trying to shut that down as well

the cold snap is down to the Bahamas

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
OP= original post?
jeez, make it easy for those of us who might be less talented in the lingo.
just reply to the post and make it easy on codgers like me...
only a suggestion.
Pug, it took me a while to catch on to the OP terminology. I kept thinking posters were calling someone Opee Taylor, as in The Andy Griffith Show. WTFDIK

• Haha
Reactions: blackpug6
When was the last Ice Age? What did the humans back then do to get the temps rising so mankind could survive?

They did nothing. The Sun is the driver of Earth's climate, which is always in some state of change.
This is exactly right. Climates have been changing as long as there have been climates.

This is exactly right. Climates have been changing as long as there have been climates.
and species have been facing extinction for just as long. We have accelerated the process considerably, putting countless of them in near term jeopardy - our own faces massive dislocating events.

the point is that we know this and can do something about it now, as we race against feedback loops far more ancient and powerful than anything of our making

and species have been facing extinction for just as long. We have accelerated the process considerably, putting countless of them in near term jeopardy - our own faces massive dislocating events.

the point is that we know this and can do something about it now, as we race against feedback loops far more ancient and powerful than anything of our making
PLEASE ... tell us more.

I disagree with the acceleration, theyve tried for years to prove it, and failed.

come on, man. weather vs. climate. those of us who live near the water or who are tied to the fisheries just shake our heads...

did you enjoy snow crabs? not a particular favorite of mine but...

LOL, what a joke the climate alarmists have become. Here’s a clue, @nice marmot. Go find a real scientist and ask about the increase in underwater oceanic volcanic activity, especially along the pacific ring of fire that past 20 years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT