ADVERTISEMENT

Happy MLK Day!

bigdawg36

Letterman and National Champion
Aug 25, 2014
Great man who tried to change the way people interacted with one another during racial tension during a time of change in this country. His last few years he started to change his ideology on a few things that, in my opinion, caused his untimely demise.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Great man who tried to change the way people interacted with one another during racial tension during a time of change in this country. His last few years he started to change his ideology on a few things that, in my opinion, caused his untimely demise.

Please elaborate on those changes in ideology. Thank you.

I can give you 2 examples. Although he preached love and integration, he later felt that maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Another example is when he spoke out against the Vietnam war. That's when EVERYONE pretty much turned on him. Black, white, the liberal press, etc. That's when he knew his days were numbered and there was a bullet with his name on it.

Hard to believe he was shot 50 years ago today.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
One can only wonder what Chicago would be like without the non-violent influences of King and Bathhouse Barry on the collective character. Would there be only one man left in all of the city, the black guy who was the best shot?
Everyone look at this and pay attention. We need more bright and thoughtful responses like this. This guy gets it. I never knew. Ahead of your time, man.

Waycross says 50 years ago today. Never seen him wrong on dates, so don't know where you two are getting these various April dates. Y'all probably thinking about Easter.
The reason I remember the date is because of the lyrics to the U2 song....”Early morning...April 4...Shots rang out in the Memphis sky...”.

The reason I remember the date is because of the lyrics to the U2 song....”Early morning...April 4...Shots rang out in the Memphis sky...”.
So many people have seen Elvis alive in Canada that I now tend to believe it.
8uivr8V.jpg

Waycross says 50 years ago today. Never seen him wrong on dates, so don't know where you two are getting these various April dates. Y'all probably thinking about Easter.
Can't believe everything you read. Lol. Today is his birthday. Come on dead duck, you're smarter than that. Right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT