ADVERTISEMENT

Hey willd and boom,,, get in here

cherrydawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2021

You two have to get better sources. LOL It is true. Just another cover up by the dim media and the liars in the white house. You guys are perpetually WRONG about EVERYTHING

You two have to get better sources. LOL It is true. Just another cover up by the dim media and the liars in the white house. You guys are perpetually WRONG about EVERYTHING
Snopes clearly has a liberal slant, and they really stepped all over themselves to try and talk around the racial equity angle to this story. I won't make the mistake of citing snopes again in defense of any argument I am making on the Chat.

I did my own research on this topic, and while actual crack pipes were never planned to be included in the kits, that was really more of a practical matter than anything else due to cost. The kits do include screens, rubber tips and other components meant to reduce harm for drug users. So no pipes, but pipe accessories, so that is really splitting hairs.

Drug use harm reduction strategies such as this and needle exchange programs are a larger and more interesting discussion, but one I wouldn't expect to have here on the Chat.

On the topic of sources, snopes has around 11m visits per month who spend on average 43 seconds per visit. Primetime Fox News has a viewership of around 1.5m each evening. In 2020, Fox lawyers took the position in court that nobody could reasonably take Tucker Carlson seriously and that his show is not fact-based. They won that case.

• Read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "
Tucker has made numerous statements across a range of topics that were simply not true. So what are your thoughts on that topic?

Snopes clearly has a liberal slant, and they really stepped all over themselves to try and talk around the racial equity angle to this story. I won't make the mistake of citing snopes again in defense of any argument I am making on the Chat.

I did my own research on this topic, and while actual crack pipes were never planned to be included in the kits, that was really more of a practical matter than anything else due to cost. The kits do include screens, rubber tips and other components meant to reduce harm for drug users. So no pipes, but pipe accessories, so that is really splitting hairs.

Drug use harm reduction strategies such as this and needle exchange programs are a larger and more interesting discussion, but one I wouldn't expect to have here on the Chat.

On the topic of sources, snopes has around 11m visits per month who spend on average 43 seconds per visit. Primetime Fox News has a viewership of around 1.5m each evening. In 2020, Fox lawyers took the position in court that nobody could reasonably take Tucker Carlson seriously and that his show is not fact-based. They won that case.

• Read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "
Tucker has made numerous statements across a range of topics that were simply not true. So what are your thoughts on that topic?

I would say the same applies to any editorial writer as well as any news talk host. I'm really not a fan of the shows that mix news reporting with opinion but it's the same gig on both sides of the spectrum. For every Tucker and Hannity, there's a Lemon and a Maddow. Imo, the problem is with folks that refuse to keep an open mind and realize they are being played if they take every thing said by someone on their side as gospel.

I would say the same applies to any editorial writer as well as any news talk host. I'm really not a fan of the shows that mix news reporting with opinion but it's the same gig on both sides of the spectrum. For every Tucker and Hannity, there's a Lemon and a Maddow. Imo, the problem is with folks that refuse to keep an open mind and realize they are being played if they take every thing said by someone on their side as gospel.
What's so frustrating is that it is easy to do your own research and typically takes less than five minutes to access more primary sources instead of having your news filtered through biased outlets.

Someone on here recently stated that there are now more people dying from covid who are vaccinated than unvaccinated. That is just not true and when asked for sources provided a link to the video of an insurance company executive who did the opposite of supporting that position and a link to a conspiracy website that was created last year and has been proven to lie over and over again regarding covid and vaccines. I provided links to articles in the WSJ and the Texas HHS website that showed that based on actual data the unvaccinated in TX were 17x more likely to die from covid than the vaccinated.

I suspect that this person still believes more vaccinated are dying, because that is what he wants to believes and what he must believe in the context of his political views. It simply blows my mind that this kind of thinking is so pervasive right now.

Wow how far we have come! Poor ol’ Gary Webb of the San Jose Mercury wrote a series of articles years ago about how the American government (through the CIA) got folks hooked on crack. Now the American government can do this ABOVE the table (no CIA involved). It’s like NIL for crack heads. What a country we live in!

What's so frustrating is that it is easy to do your own research and typically takes less than five minutes to access more primary sources instead of having your news filtered through biased outlets.

Someone on here recently stated that there are now more people dying from covid who are vaccinated than unvaccinated. That is just not true and when asked for sources provided a link to the video of an insurance company executive who did the opposite of supporting that position and a link to a conspiracy website that was created last year and has been proven to lie over and over again regarding covid and vaccines. I provided links to articles in the WSJ and the Texas HHS website that showed that based on actual data the unvaccinated in TX were 17x more likely to die from covid than the vaccinated.

I suspect that this person still believes more vaccinated are dying, because that is what he wants to believes and what he must believe in the context of his political views. It simply blows my mind that this kind of thinking is so pervasive right now.
Trust me, your sources have their own filters as well.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

So, here is what you have to ask yourself. Is a person with one jab "vaccinated"? What about 2? What about 2 and only 1 booster?
If someone with 2 shots and no booster is not considered vaccinated, then their death would be considered "unvaccinated" when any honest person would considered them vaxxed.

There is a huge mistrust in the CDC and the medical field in general after some of the whoppers they have told us over the last 2 years.

So, here is what you have to ask yourself. Is a person with one jab "vaccinated"? What about 2? What about 2 and only 1 booster?
If someone with 2 shots and no booster is not considered vaccinated, then their death would be considered "unvaccinated" when any honest person would considered them vaxxed.

There is a huge mistrust in the CDC and the medical field in general after some of the whoppers they have told us over the last 2 years.
I have a huge mistrust of the Biden Admin and anyone who voted for the tard.

Mean tweets, ha! Sheeple.

Reactions: cherrydawg

"Fully vaccinated" is two doses and "unvaccinated" is no doses.

Wow how far we have come! Poor ol’ Gary Webb of the San Jose Mercury wrote a series of articles years ago about how the American government (through the CIA) got folks hooked on crack. Now the American government can do this ABOVE the table (no CIA involved). It’s like NIL for crack heads. What a country we live in!

Have you seen the TV show Snowfall on FX? Its loosely based on this story and yes it definitely happened and the show is fantastic, I highly recommend.

Reactions: Harry Thornton
"Fully vaccinated" is two doses and "unvaccinated" is no doses.
So, the vaccination records they are using are from the TX ImmTrac system. This is a voluntary system which was mainly designed to allow parents to keep up with child immunizations. They are now trying to get people to use it for the Covid jab but these numbers are definitely incomplete, to put it nicely.

I personally think there is some sort of protection from the jabs but it is not a vaccination, it doesn't prevent infection, it doesn't prevent transmission and it's none of my business whether someone gets one or not and we need just allow people to make their own decisions.

This is the same logic that CNN/Comcast used to defend Rachel Maddow in a defamation lawsuit back in June.

An Obama-appointed federal judge, Cynthia Bashant, dismissed the lawsuit on the ground that even Maddow's own audience understands that her show consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them (“literally is paid Russian propaganda").

The courts have long recognized the distinction between reporting as fact and political commentary. You are expected to know the difference.

Will, Tucker Carlson hosts a show based on his opinion. He is not a journalist. It is a show to garner conversation.

He does not say what he says is true, but rather, prove him wrong.

Even then, his opinion is pretty valid. It doesn’t fit liberal narrative, but invokes thought, emotion and discussion. And he invites all comers.

ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, etc., uses the news format to express liberal narrative, many times not in what they say, but how it’s said.

Snooped presents itself as a factual test of truth. In many cases, it’s truth follows ideology.

So with that, as always, hope you are well and we’ll arm wrestle over it over a beer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT